Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: No users can login
Operating Systems HP-UX No users can login Post 302327710 by thenomad on Monday 22nd of June 2009 11:31:18 AM
Old 06-22-2009
If you have tried to convert your system to trusted system, or vice-versa, all your users' status have been changed to LOCKED. You need to unlock the users one by one.

Code:
cat /etc/passwd | while read uline; do
UNAME=$(echo $uline | cut -d: -f1)
/usr/lbin/modprpw -l -m alock=NO $UNAME  #unlocks the account
/usr/lbin/modprpw -k $UNAME #resets incorrect login count
done

hope this helps

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Change users login name

Hi, I need to change some users login name in AIX. With solaris i donīt had problems, i have used "usermod". But in AIX the usermod command donīt have the same behavior. Can someone give me a tip on how to perform these changes? Thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
9 Replies

2. Linux

Users with login privileges

Hi. I need the name for one command which I cant remember. This command displays all users which can log in to the system, wether they are stored in /etc/passwd, NIS og LDAP. Does anyone remember what command this is? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

error occurs while some users login

hi all, i have a problem that while some of the users trying to login the following error occurs and the session is automatically closed. ssl error: RAND_status reported there wasn't enough randomness for the PRNG. ssl error: You need to specify RandomFile or EGDFile to obtain the randomness.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrlog
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

last login date and time for all users

I need a command that will list all the users and their last login date & time. I was trying the last command and the who command, but can't get exactly what I need. I just need the output to be user name and last login date . Thanks for your help! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

users login

Hello everyone I need to send to a file the last command from all users who log in and log out by week or month. My questions are I can do it with the command or I need to do a script ? If the answer is I need to do a script, someone can help me because Im complete new to make a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
3 Replies

6. Programming

how can get users list and their login time?

i'm sorry if yesterday i posted this thread in unix for dummies forums, :D i am a newbie in C programming i want to get active users list and their login time... i have search and learn about passwd and utmp, but i only can get user list without their login time... do you have an idea... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alif
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Passwordless Login between users

Hi Gurus, Wanted to know if there is a way to enable passwordless login between specific users in a Solaris (5.9)server. I copied the public key of first user into the $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys file of the second user. But it didn't work out. Note - Am talking about users in the same... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list users and their last login?

hi all, I'm trying to write a script to create a file with a list of all users, their gid, gecos field and their last login time e.g. fairly new to scripting, this is what I've got so far #!/bin/sh( userlist= cat /etc/passwd | awk -F: '{print $1," ",$4," ",$5}' for name in $userlist... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanngo
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Disable users to direct login

Hi all, how can I disable direct login to a Solaris system not only for root user but also for other accounts? Looking in google I came to the following: For telnet (/etc/default/login): disable root access> CONSOLE=/dev/console disable generic user> ? For ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
5 Replies
UNAME(1)							   User Commands							  UNAME(1)

NAME
uname - print system information SYNOPSIS
uname [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Print certain system information. With no OPTION, same as -s. -a, --all print all information, in the following order, except omit -p and -i if unknown: -s, --kernel-name print the kernel name -n, --nodename print the network node hostname -r, --kernel-release print the kernel release -v, --kernel-version print the kernel version -m, --machine print the machine hardware name -p, --processor print the processor type (non-portable) -i, --hardware-platform print the hardware platform (non-portable) -o, --operating-system print the operating system --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report uname translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
arch(1), uname(2) Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/uname> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) uname invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 UNAME(1)