Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Getting the index of the last entry in a directory Post 302327629 by vbe on Monday 22nd of June 2009 08:53:17 AM
Old 06-22-2009
Quote:
I want to go to the last entry because the directory is very big and I don't want to read all.
Something like
Code:
mos:/xtra $ ll|wc -l
mos:/xtra $ ll -lt|head -2
total 1624588
-rw-rw-r--   1 oracle     dba           6645 Jun 20 23:00 oa....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

tcsh + completing a sub-directory entry

As part of a script Im designing, I am required to allow the command line to finish off part of a series of sub-directory entries. Basically what I want to do is cp /root/parent/part of subs name + other part of subs name/file /other_root/other_parent/other_sub/file without facing... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
0 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wh inode index starts from 1 unlike array index (0)

brothers why inode index starts from 1 unlike array inex which starts from 0 its a question from the design of unix operating system of maurice j.bach i need to know the answer urgently...someone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to detect new file entry in directory

Hi All, I want to detect each new file coming / getting created in unix directory. When every new file came to directory, i have to get its details like its size , date and time stamp and store it into another file. Could any one please tell me , how i can achieve that? Thanks. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: james_1984
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort from start index and end index in line

Hi All, I have a file (FileNames.txt) which contains the following data in it. $ cat FileNames.txt MYFILE17XXX208Sep191307.csv MYFILE19XXX208Sep192124.csv MYFILE20XXX208Sep192418.csv MYFILE22XXX208Sep193234.csv MYFILE21XXX208Sep193018.csv MYFILE24XXX208Sep194053.csv... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish_indus
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SED for all index.jsp files across a directory structure.

Hi, I am a novice and require help once again. I have a over 200 file all called index.jsp placed in different directories The following Sed command gives me the data of all included jsp files in index.jsp sed -n -e 's/^.*page="\(*\).*$/\1/p' index.jsp How can I run the above... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkdutta
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to delete this file/directory/entry

Hello UNIX gurus, I noticed this file or whatever in one of our directories, and somehow I am not able to proceed with my work, without deleting this one. .insert--- 1 siebload intrface 0 Feb 22 01:25 Testfile I am confused, as it doesnt appear to be a file, and on doing any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppathak1234
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Directory index forbidden by Options directive error on specific directory with indexing disabled

I am seeing the following error appear numerous times in my Apache error log: I have my Apache config configured as below, so I would expect indexing not to occur on this directory as it falls under the parent /web directory. Strangely all the IP address, including this example, all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find if any new entry in directory

I require a shell script to find if any new entry of dump files present in a particular directory and to send an email if any new entry exists.I had a crontab to run the script for every 5 min. Below are the file names.dump.20150327.152407.12058630.0002.phd.gz... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
9 Replies

10. AIX

Automate DIRECTORY ENTRY when in remote SHELL

Good day all I am trying to figure out how to automate the command in a shell script that i have written. Some context: The script does the following on the local host #!/bin/sh banner 'QikCopy' echo "Please insert file name for SCP command!" read file DUMMY scp -p $file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrRobot
2 Replies
PPI::Token::Quote(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      PPI::Token::Quote(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::Quote - String quote abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::Quote isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::Quote" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the four quote classes. In PPI, a "quote" is limited to only the quote-like things that themselves directly represent a string. (although this includes double quotes with interpolated elements inside them). The subclasses of "PPI::Token::Quote" are: '' - PPI::Token::Quote::Single "q{}" - PPI::Token::Quote::Literal "" - PPI::Token::Quote::Double "qq{}" - PPI::Token::Quote::Interpolate The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is here. See their respective pages for more details. Please note that although the here-doc does represent a literal string, it is such a nasty piece of work that in PPI it is given the honor of its own token class (PPI::Token::HereDoc). METHODS
string The "string" method is provided by all four ::Quote classes. It won't get you the actual literal Perl value, but it will strip off the wrapping of the quotes. # The following all return foo from the ->string method 'foo' "foo" q{foo} qq <foo> literal The "literal" method is provided by ::Quote:Literal and ::Quote::Single. This returns the value of the string as Perl sees it: without the quote marks and with "\" and "'" resolved to "" and "'". The "literal" method is not implemented by ::Quote::Double or ::Quote::Interpolate yet. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::Quote(3)