Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cannot Execute Binary
Operating Systems Linux Cannot Execute Binary Post 302327519 by niranjanvg on Monday 22nd of June 2009 03:45:08 AM
Old 06-22-2009
Error Cannot Execute Binary

Hi,

I had changed my compiler options earlier so that it would compile and produce output for ARM but now i want to change it back so that i can get the executable for normal linux, I am facing problem, please help me out... it say
-bash: ./a.out: cannot execute binary file
When i had a look at the ELF it said

ELF Header:
Magic: 7f 45 4c 46 01 01 01 61 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Class: ELF32
Data: 2's complement, little endian
Version: 1 (current)
OS/ABI: ARM
ABI Version: 0
Type: EXEC (Executable file)
Machine: ARM
Version: 0x1
Entry point address: 0x82b4
Start of program headers: 52 (bytes into file)
Start of section headers: 10060 (bytes into file)
Flags: 0x2, has entry point, GNU EABI
Size of this header: 52 (bytes)
Size of program headers: 32 (bytes)
Number of program headers: 6
Size of section headers: 40 (bytes)
Number of section headers: 28
Section header string table index: 25

can someone help so that the files get compiled for linux
I am using fedora 9.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can crontab execute binary files?

Hello! I have an entry on my crontab. 10 00 * * * /bscsprod/bscs/prod/523/bin/tehcron.sh $ /bscsprod/bscs/prod/523/bin/vi tehcron.sh nohup teh -t -f > /dev/null & ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ "tehcron.sh" 13 lines, 365 characters but executing the script from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tris
5 Replies

2. Linux

cannot execute binary file

We are getting one error when we execute the binary file below mentioned, and ownership goes to root:nobody, how to resolve this problem. sh /home/pub/bin/awk: cannot execute binary file :confused: Pls help me out . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to execute a binary file in solaris?

How to execute a binary file in solaris? I used ./setup.bin . I got the error ./setup.bin not found. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: agarwal
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot execute binary file

HI, i am trying to execute one .bin file which is a pre-installed (not compiled by me). But I am getting the error "cannot execute binary file".I checked the permissions and everything is ok. also I checked ldd <bin-filename> andit showed a msg "not a dynamic executable" Can anyone help in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhag281
4 Replies

5. SuSE

can not execute binary file

When I am trying to execute a script created by Perl2exe in Linux SLES 8.1 running with virtual machine on mainframe s/390 ....I am getting "cannot execute binary file".... In the linux server which are not in mainframe the scripts are fine..... Thanks for help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anu10
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot execute binary file

As root, I receive the error message, "cannot execute binary file" when running some commands such as /usr/bin/clear or /usr/sbin/brctl or /usr/sbin/lsof. The system is running RHEL5.5. File permissions are 755. noexec is NOT set on the partitions where these files live. I've spent a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmithJ
6 Replies

7. Linux

I'm trying to install JasperReports Server 4.1 on Linux Ubuntu (release 11.04) as root and have following message: -bash: ./jasperreports-server-cp-4.1.0-linux-x64-installer.run: cannot execute binary file Is any idea what should I do in order to install Jasper? Previously, I installed... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pots06
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xcrysden:Cannot execute binary file

Grettings, Hi and thanks for taking a look at this. I'm going to attempt to explain this the best I possible can but due to my limited knowledge of linux this may prove difficult. I have attempted to install xcrysden on cygwin following the instruction on xcrysden webpage (I attempted to link the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zbay
2 Replies

9. Fedora

Hi all, Probably somewhat of an obvous problem here but i'm no pro. I just bought a PengPod1000 at pengpod.com On it I have an image of Fedora 18. I am trying to run an application I wrote for Fedora 14 32 bit desktop on this tablet. With all permissions setup using chmod but I get... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora18
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Hi, When i was trying to execute binary file i am getting the below " cannot execute binary file " error message." My Unix Version is : Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) Logged in as Sudo user and $PATH Value is below ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nandy
1 Replies
PIVOT_ROOT(8)						       System Administration						     PIVOT_ROOT(8)

NAME
pivot_root - change the root filesystem SYNOPSIS
pivot_root new_root put_old DESCRIPTION
pivot_root moves the root file system of the current process to the directory put_old and makes new_root the new root file system. Since pivot_root(8) simply calls pivot_root(2), we refer to the man page of the latter for further details. Note that, depending on the implementation of pivot_root, root and cwd of the caller may or may not change. The following is a sequence for invoking pivot_root that works in either case, assuming that pivot_root and chroot are in the current PATH: cd new_root pivot_root . put_old exec chroot . command Note that chroot must be available under the old root and under the new root, because pivot_root may or may not have implicitly changed the root directory of the shell. Note that exec chroot changes the running executable, which is necessary if the old root directory should be unmounted afterwards. Also note that standard input, output, and error may still point to a device on the old root file system, keeping it busy. They can easily be changed when invoking chroot (see below; note the absence of leading slashes to make it work whether pivot_root has changed the shell's root or not). OPTIONS
-V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
Change the root file system to /dev/hda1 from an interactive shell: mount /dev/hda1 /new-root cd /new-root pivot_root . old-root exec chroot . sh <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 umount /old-root Mount the new root file system over NFS from 10.0.0.1:/my_root and run init: ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up # for portmap # configure Ethernet or such portmap # for lockd (implicitly started by mount) mount -o ro 10.0.0.1:/my_root /mnt killall portmap # portmap keeps old root busy cd /mnt pivot_root . old_root exec chroot . sh -c 'umount /old_root; exec /sbin/init' <dev/console >dev/console 2>&1 SEE ALSO
chroot(1), pivot_root(2), mount(8), switch_root(8), umount(8) AVAILABILITY
The pivot_root command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux August 2011 PIVOT_ROOT(8)