Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reg directory permission
Operating Systems Solaris reg directory permission Post 302327490 by amitranjansahu on Monday 22nd of June 2009 12:00:22 AM
Old 06-22-2009
you can check the man pages of ls and chmod for more details

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reg: Search for a directory

Dear All, I am new to Unix and i need a small Help from you Guys..... The current structure of my system is as follows: /Abc/xyz/cpd/std/re/doc Each cpd directory has n number of std's. Each std has n number of re's. My requirement is to write a UNIX script that would search... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajanikanth
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dear All, I am new to Unix and i need a small Help from you Guys..... The current structure of my system is as follows: /Abc/xyz/cpd/std/re/doc Each cpd directory has n number of std's. Each std has n number of re's. My requirement is to write a UNIX script that would search whether doc... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear All, I am new to Unix and i need a small Help from you Guys..... The current structure of my system is as follows: /Abc/xyz/cpd/std/re/doc Each cpd directory has n number of std's. Each std has n... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Linux

Dear All, I am new to Unix and i need a small Help from you Guys..... The current structure of my system is as follows: /Abc/xyz/cpd/std/re/doc Each cpd directory has n number of std's. Each std has n number of re's. My requirement is to write a UNIX script that would search whether doc... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dear All, I am new to Unix and i need a small Help from you Guys..... The current structure of my system is as follows: /Abc/xyz/cpd/std/re/doc Each cpd directory has n number of std's. Each std has n number of re's. My requirement is to write a UNIX script that would search whether doc... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

two groups with permission on one directory

Hi, I have a directory that needs to be accessed by the members of two groups: group1 needs rw access group2 needs only r access others should have no rights I must be missing something obvious, but I can't figure out how to do it! Any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StephenJH
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Delete Permission on Directory

Hi, I have a directory /u01/source. Following are current permission on directory source. oracle@TEST # ls -l source drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 31232 Apr 8 13:33 EG1 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 1024 Apr 8 05:45 E2 drwxrwxrwx 2 user1 userbi 57344 Mar 15 10:22 h5 There is another ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fahdmirza
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Directory permission

hi i have a directory called dbms and group dba.... My question is how do i set full permissions i.e read/write/execute for all user(in dba group) for the directory dbms. If i use the following cmd chmod g+rwx dbms here in above cmd ..which group it denotes..how AIX will know (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change permission to a directory

Hi, How do i change the permission to read/write to a windows directory? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lg123
1 Replies

10. AIX

How to set owner and permission for files/directory in directory in this case?

Hi. My example: I have a filesystem /log. Everyday, log files are copied to /log. I'd like to set owner and permission for files and directories in /log like that chown -R log_adm /log/* chmod -R 544 /log/*It's OK, but just at that time. When a new log file or new directory is created in /log,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
set directory to skulk(1m)												set directory to skulk(1m)

NAME
set directory to skulk - Starts the skulk of a directory immediately SYNOPSIS
cdscp set directory directory-name to skulk ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. DESCRIPTION
The set directory to skulk command starts the skulk of a directory immediately. The CDS control program prompt cdscp> does not return until the skulk is complete. The amount of time for the skulk to complete is dependent on the location, number, and availability of repli- cas of the directory. Privilege Required You must have administer, write, insert, or delete permission to the directory. The server principal needs administer, read, and write permission to the directory. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command initiates a skulk on the /.:/admin directory: cdscp> set directory /.:/admin to skulk RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add directory(1m), create directory(1m), delete directory(1m), list directory(1m), remove directory(1m), set directory to new epoch(1m), show directory(1m) set directory to skulk(1m)