Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [HELP] - Delete rows on a CSV file Post 302327171 by cfajohnson on Saturday 20th of June 2009 12:10:43 AM
Old 06-20-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadarrab
I have two csv files only with numbers, the first one a have:

These are not CSV files.
Quote:

in the second file i have:

So the result i want in my new file is:

I compare the two files and all the numbers that are not equal it will be written in a new file.

Until now i can only grep the numbers that are the same in both files.

When you post code, please wrap it in [code] tags.
Quote:
Code:
for number in `cat <File1.csv>; do
 grep $number <File2.csv>
done

This prints the numbers that are in file1 but not in file2:

Code:
grep -vf file2  file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete particular rows from a file

Hi I have a file having 1000 rows. Now I would like to remove 10 rows from it. Plz give me the script. Eg: input file like 4 1 4500.0 1 5 1 1.0 30 6 1 1.0 4500 7 1 4.0 730 7 2 500000.0 730 8 1 785460.0 45 8 7 94255.0 30 9 1 31800.0 30 9 4 36000.0 30 10 1 15000.0 30... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting rows from csv file

Hello, I am supposed to process about 100 csv files. But these files have some extra lines at the bottom of the file. these extra lines start with a header for each column and then some values below. These lines are actually a summary of the actual data and not supposed to be processed. These... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cobroraj
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete rows in a file based on the rows of another file

I need to delete rows based on the number of lines in a different file, I have a piece of code with me working but when I merge with my C application, it doesnt work. sed '1,'\"`wc -l < /tmp/fileyyyy`\"'d' /tmp/fileA > /tmp/filexxxx Can anyone give me an alternate solution for the above (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Muthuraj K
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please do help: Perl Script to pull out rows from a CSV file

I have CSV file that contains data in the format as shown below: ABC, 67, 56, 67, 78, 89, 76, 55 PDR, 85, 83, 83, 72, 82, 89, 83 MPG, 86, 53, 54, 65, 23, 54, 75 .. .. .. .. I want to create a script that will pull out the rows from the above sheet and paste it into another CSV file.... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajusc
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove Blank rows in a csv file

Hi, I need help to remove blank rows at the end of file. Sample data: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 "Tønsberg, Brygga Kino SF",Tønsberg,202-1,Tønsberg SF 4,202-1-4 ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, ,,,, Expected data: "Oslo, Symra kino",Oslo,130-7,Symra 1,130-7-91 "Tønsberg, Brygga... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a CSV file and deleting all rows on condition

Hello list, I am working on a csv file which contains two fields per record which contain IP addresses. What I am trying to do is find records which have identical fields(IP addresses) which occur 4(four) times, and if they do, delete all records with that specific identical field(ip address). ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying down first row in to all the below blank rows in a .csv file

Hi All, I have many of files(.csv) of the format given below. Date,Name,Location 04/02/2012,A,India ,B,China ,C,USA Like this I have 1000's of rows and many columns in all my files. I need a shell script to copy down the Date(in this example column1) to the next 2 rows below(in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting rows to columns in csv file

Hi, I have a requirement to convert rows into columns. data looks like: c1,c2,c3,.. r1,r2,r3,.. p1,p2,p3,.. and so on.. output shud be like this: c1,r1,p1,.. c2,r2,p2,.. c3,r3,p3,.. Thanks in advance, (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Divya1987
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get duplicate rows from a csv file

How can i get the duplicates rows from a file using unix, for example i have data like a,1 b,2 c,3 d,4 a,1 c,3 e,5 i want output to be like a,1 c,3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggupta
4 Replies
CHSH(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -R, --root CHROOT_DIR Apply changes in the CHROOT_DIR directory and use the configuration files from the CHROOT_DIR directory. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 CHSH(1)