Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data placement in SVM
Operating Systems Solaris Data placement in SVM Post 302327075 by fugitive on Friday 19th of June 2009 02:02:02 PM
Old 06-19-2009
Data placement in SVM

Is it possible to place the data in inner or outer edge with SVM ( solaris volume manager ) or VxVM like we can do in AIX LVM ?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

code placement

I'm sorry if something like this has already been posted, but I didn't find anything like it. I'm using ksh The code that I've come up with will initially print what I want, but will then keep repeating the second number. I'm just trying to teach myself and can't seem to find the code to work.... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott78
16 Replies

2. AIX

Aixterm icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Controlling icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

4. Programming

How to override Window Manager placement of windows.

Hello, everyone! Is it possible to create a window in X11/WM, but override the position Window Manager sets for the window. I'm not sure how to use 'override_redirect' flag, and what to do in order to use it. But the problem with the flag is also that it probably will disable all decorations... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AOne
2 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Snort/NTOP Placement

I have been asked to place 2 (1 NTOP & 1 SNORT) boxes within our network as part of our tool kit for network monitoring and Intrusion detection. Out network is very simplistic and it layed out like this: internet | | Cisco 1811 Router (8x Layer 2 switch ports) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix linked-list placement

Hi, I am programming in kernel, and I want to use a double linked list that holds infos that every process could access and modify THIS list. So, I suppose it is a 'global' variable since every process(thread) can reach it, I am wondering where to put it? by changing some of the kernel files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: louisTan
1 Replies

7. Programming

Parameters placement on stack in C

I am trying to illustrate the reverse order of parameters on the stack when passed to a function in C: #include <stdio.h> void p(int p1, int p2, double p3) { printf("params:\n" "1) %p offset = %li\n" "2) %p offset = %li\n" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
5 Replies
PVREMOVE(8)                                                   System Manager's Manual                                                  PVREMOVE(8)

NAME
pvremove - remove a physical volume SYNOPSIS
pvremove [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] [--version] [-f[f]|--force [--force]] [-y|--yes] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVol- ume...] DESCRIPTION
pvremove wipes the label on a device so that LVM will no longer recognise it as a physical volume. OPTIONS
See lvm(8) for common options. -ff, --force --force Force the removal of a physical volume belonging to an existing volume group. Normally vgreduce(8) should be used instead of this command. You cannot remove a physical volume which in use by some active logical volume. -y, --yes Answer yes to all questions. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvdisplay(8), vgreduce(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06) PVREMOVE(8)