Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: add a file.c in a program.
Top Forums Programming add a file.c in a program. Post 302327034 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of June 2009 11:25:39 AM
Old 06-19-2009
It is not linking new_function.o in with the rest of the objects. I believe you need to edit Makefile.in, then run ./configure again to make the changes stick.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

program to rename file name

I need a program to rename file name. so the input to run the program would be RenameFiles //server1/Folder1/folder2/test*er.doc program would return: ++server1+Folder1+folder2+test*er.doc Can some one please help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: randyzapata
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining program to one batch file

I created a batch file (./mybatch) that need to run few programs at a sequnece but i need a command like the DOS call command in order to return to the main batch file to proceed the sequence example: cd /dir1/path/dir2 invoke program1 cd /dir3/path2/ <--- i want to return here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eynkesef
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AWK Program File Help

I have some .dat files that I cannot open and read the data. It is an awk program file, and my question would be to you all is there a way to convert this awk file to ascii text? Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryangfm
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to open program and send/execute command in program

Hi, i want to write a script that executes a program (exec?) . this program then requires a filename as input. how do i give it this input in the script so the program will be complete run and close by the script. e.g. exec prog.exe program then asks for filename "enter filename:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tuathan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk program for file comparison

Hello there, I'm trying to write an awk program in bash shell with the following three input files: File 1 1001 1 2 3 1002 4 5 6 1003 7 8 9 1004 10 11 12 File 2 1001 11 22 33 1002 44 55 66 1004 100 111 122 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbirde
4 Replies

6. Programming

urgent help with file manipulation program

Hey, i am trying to write a program that takes multiple files as command line arguments, then outputs them to a single file. i also need the option to read them back out again. essentially what i am trying to create is an archiver, however, a very simple one. The program i have accomplished so far... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wezzyb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Short program to select lines from a file based on a second file

Hello, I use UBUNTU 12.04. I want to write a short program using awk to select some lines in a file based on a second file. My first file has this format with about 400,000 lines and 47 fields: SNP1 1 12.1 SNP2 1 13.2 SNP3 1 45.2 SNP4 1 23.4 My second file has this format: SNP2 SNP3... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a program-print parameters to output file-replace op file contents with max 4th col

Hi Friends, This is the only solution to my task. So, any help is highly appreciated. I have a file cat input1.bed chr1 100 200 abc chr1 120 300 def chr1 145 226 ghi chr2 567 600 unix Now, I have another file by name input2.bed (This file is a binary file not readable by the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

9. Programming

File Program issue in c

B17 -> B19 ; B17 -> B21 ; B18 -> B19 ; Can any one help with the pointer solution to check for this -> symbol and one it finds the symbol it should move behind 4 characters and store the string B17 in an array and then move 4 characters ahead and similarly save B21 likewise for each line... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zinat
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Last touched file by a specific program ?

i have a directory where all .csv files are available. i have 3 perl programs(ex: a.pl,b.pl,c.pl) which continuously runs every 1 minute to scan all files in that directory. now i have 2 questions 1) how can i write an app lock on that particular folder to make sure only one program will scan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
4 Replies
PG_CONFIG(1)						  PostgreSQL 9.1.9 Documentation					      PG_CONFIG(1)

NAME
pg_config - retrieve information about the installed version of PostgreSQL SYNOPSIS
pg_config [option...] DESCRIPTION
The pg_config utility prints configuration parameters of the currently installed version of PostgreSQL. It is intended, for example, to be used by software packages that want to interface to PostgreSQL to facilitate finding the required header files and libraries. OPTIONS
To use pg_config, supply one or more of the following options: --bindir Print the location of user executables. Use this, for example, to find the psql program. This is normally also the location where the pg_config program resides. --docdir Print the location of documentation files. --htmldir Print the location of HTML documentation files. --includedir Print the location of C header files of the client interfaces. --pkgincludedir Print the location of other C header files. --includedir-server Print the location of C header files for server programming. --libdir Print the location of object code libraries. --pkglibdir Print the location of dynamically loadable modules, or where the server would search for them. (Other architecture-dependent data files might also be installed in this directory.) --localedir Print the location of locale support files. (This will be an empty string if locale support was not configured when PostgreSQL was built.) --mandir Print the location of manual pages. --sharedir Print the location of architecture-independent support files. --sysconfdir Print the location of system-wide configuration files. --pgxs Print the location of extension makefiles. --configure Print the options that were given to the configure script when PostgreSQL was configured for building. This can be used to reproduce the identical configuration, or to find out with what options a binary package was built. (Note however that binary packages often contain vendor-specific custom patches.) See also the examples below. --cc Print the value of the CC variable that was used for building PostgreSQL. This shows the C compiler used. --cppflags Print the value of the CPPFLAGS variable that was used for building PostgreSQL. This shows C compiler switches needed at preprocessing time (typically, -I switches). --cflags Print the value of the CFLAGS variable that was used for building PostgreSQL. This shows C compiler switches. --cflags_sl Print the value of the CFLAGS_SL variable that was used for building PostgreSQL. This shows extra C compiler switches used for building shared libraries. --ldflags Print the value of the LDFLAGS variable that was used for building PostgreSQL. This shows linker switches. --ldflags_ex Print the value of the LDFLAGS_EX variable that was used for building PostgreSQL. This shows linker switches used for building executables only. --ldflags_sl Print the value of the LDFLAGS_SL variable that was used for building PostgreSQL. This shows linker switches used for building shared libraries only. --libs Print the value of the LIBS variable that was used for building PostgreSQL. This normally contains -l switches for external libraries linked into PostgreSQL. --version Print the version of PostgreSQL. If more than one option is given, the information is printed in that order, one item per line. If no options are given, all available information is printed, with labels. NOTES
The option --includedir-server was added in PostgreSQL 7.2. In prior releases, the server include files were installed in the same location as the client headers, which could be queried with the option --includedir. To make your package handle both cases, try the newer option first and test the exit status to see whether it succeeded. The options --docdir, --pkgincludedir, --localedir, --mandir, --sharedir, --sysconfdir, --cc, --cppflags, --cflags, --cflags_sl, --ldflags, --ldflags_sl, and --libs were added in PostgreSQL 8.1. The option --htmldir was added in PostgreSQL 8.4. The option --ldflags_ex was added in PostgreSQL 9.0. In releases prior to PostgreSQL 7.1, before pg_config came to be, a method for finding the equivalent configuration information did not exist. EXAMPLE
To reproduce the build configuration of the current PostgreSQL installation, run the following command: eval ./configure `pg_config --configure` The output of pg_config --configure contains shell quotation marks so arguments with spaces are represented correctly. Therefore, using eval is required for proper results. PostgreSQL 9.1.9 2013-04-01 PG_CONFIG(1)