Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris E3500 Harddisk not found problem (First time user) Post 302327000 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 19th of June 2009 10:28:07 AM
Old 06-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DundeeDancer
Running either of these two commands from root should help
# /usr/sbin/devfsadm
# cfgadm -al

Good luck, DD.
these are solaris commands and he doesn't even see the disks on OBP level!

@OP
what is the OBP firmware level of the machine (try banner command) and what kind of harddrives do you use? have you tried to run "reset-all" and after that the "probe-scsi-all" again? also try the "probe-fcal-all" command to find your disks... if you'll find your disks, use the "boot -r" command to reconfigure your /dev and /devices entries. or use "boot cdrom" to install a new solaris instance.

good luck

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba on E3500 Poor Performance!!!

Hi you all, I have a BIG performance problem on an Sun E3500, the scenario is described below: I have several users (30) accessing via samba to the E3500 using an application built on Visual Foxpro from their Windows PC , the problem is that the first guy that logs in demands 30% of the E3500... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex blanco
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

serial number for E3500

just wanted to know the serial number of my machine E3500 with Solaris 8 installed.Does any one who what's the command that i can use when the OS is running?( not with the Banner Command!) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: i2admin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Harddisk partation problem

Hello! My harddisk is RZ1CB-CS SCSIWC.It runs radar application software on unix operating system.Now dev\rz0a partation not found.So it can't run application recorded at rz0a .How can i solve this problem.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akzin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Harddisk partation problem

Hello! My harddisk is RZ1CB-CS SCSIWC.It runs radar application software on unix operating system.Now dev\rz0a partation not found.So it can't run application recorded at rz0a .How can i solve this problem.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: akzin
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to show date/time of file the string was found in.

I've seen several examples of grep showing the filename the string was found in, but what I really need is grep to show the file details in long format (like ls -l would). scenario is: grep mobile_number todays_files This will show me the string I'm after & which files they turn up in, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodstock
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Problem mounting harddisk

Hi all I am having a great deal of trouble mounting a harddisk on my Ubuntu 9.10 desktop. Output from "fdisk -l": Disk /dev/sda: 640.1 GB, 640135028736 bytes 86 heads, 15 sectors/track, 969196 cylinders Units = cylinders of 1290 * 512 = 660480 bytes Disk identifier: 0x00000001 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnymarkp
5 Replies

7. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

xen vm cannot found harddisk's driver

Hi, everyone: i'am new to xen. and when i tried to install a centos5 vm using xen, the vm cannot find the harddisk's driver. the attachment is some pictures of the installation process. i used centos5.5 and 'dd' to create the vm's virtual disk image, and my creating command is:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mycoy
0 Replies

8. AIX

Time Zone for a User Different From Server Time

Hi, A server runs on EDT. Can I set a user with time-zone GMT without changing the server time? regards, Roshni (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RoshniMehta
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

time duration of being online of a particular user given the user name

in a multi user system of 3 users X,Y,Z, if i know that X is presently online, is it possible to determine for how long has he been online? i mean the time duration (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindamlive
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

what would a script include to find CPU's %system time high and user time high?

Hi , I am trying to :wall: my head while scripting ..I am really new to this stuff , never did it before :( . how to find cpu's system high time and user time high in a script?? thanks , help would be appreciated ! :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushwey
9 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)