Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000 Post 302326982 by DundeeDancer on Friday 19th of June 2009 09:45:39 AM
Old 06-19-2009
Yeah I'm just using the Sun StorageTek Comman Array Manager Software

I was just trying some of the pre-defined file system types, here is the list to choose from.

Code:
TABLE 12   Predefined Storage Profiles for the Sun StorageTek  Arrays

Name                    RAID Level      Segment Size    Read-Ahead Mode         Drive Type      Number of Drives 
Default 	        RAID-5               512 KB               Enabled               ANY               Variable 
High_Capacity_Computing RAID-5               512 KB               Enabled               SATA               Variable 
High_Performance_Computing RAID-5            512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Mail_Spooling           RAID-1               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Microsoft_Exchange      RAID-5               32 KB               Enabled               SAS               4 
Microsoft_NTFS          RAID-5               64 KB               Enabled               ANY               4 
Microsoft_NTFS_HA       RAID-1               64 KB               Enabled               2500: SAS        Variable 
NFS_Mirroring           RAID-1               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
NFS_Striping            RAID-5               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Oracle__10_ASM_VxFS_HA  RAID-5               256 KB               Enabled               SAS               5 
Oracle__8_VxFS          RAID-5               128 KB               Enabled               SAS               4 
Oracle__9_VxFS_HA       RAID-5               128 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Oracle_DSS              RAID-5               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Oracle_OLTP             RAID-5               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Oracle_OLTP_HA          RAID-1               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Random_1                RAID-1               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Sequential              RAID-5               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Sun_SAM-FS              RAID-5               128 KB               Enabled               ANY               4 
Sun_ZFS                 RAID-5               128 KB               Enabled               ANY               4 
Sybase_DSS              RAID-5               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Sybase_OLTP             RAID-5               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
Sybase_OLTP HA          RAID-1               512 KB               Enabled               SAS               Variable 
VxFS                    RAID-5               128 KB               Enabled               ANY               4

I did format the array with Sun ZFS filesystem to start with but had no luck then.

So thought I'd try Sun_SAM-FS to see if that was any more compatible but no luck so far.

Was wanting a small block size as I want to put a lot of small files onto the disk array when I start using it.

The only documentation I've fun on how to configure the array has been :-
http://dlc.sun.com/pdf/820-2431-10/820-2431-10.pdf

And that says nothing about selecting the type of filesystem which would be most compatible with a SPARC Solaris 10 machine and how to go about actually mounting the file system to prepare it for use.

Cheers, Malcolm.

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-19-2009 at 11:14 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Sparc T2000 + StorageTek 2540 - Help, I'm lost

I have a Sun Sparc T2000 (Solaris 10 05-08) and have installed a PCI-X 4GB Single Port HBA card in it. I have one StorageTek 2540 array that I would like to connect to the T2000. For the moment it would be a single path connection, but I've ordered a 2nd HBA, so eventually it would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager 6.0 works very slowly

Hi! I have Sun StorageTek 2540 FC array and CAM works very slowly - I can wait for software response even more than 2 minutes... I run this software on Windows machine with Firefox Web Browser but speed is terrible... How can I make it works at least a little bit faster?.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager's configuration

In Sun manuals, I didn't find how to backup Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager's configuration. Is there a way to do it like backing up Brocade switch configuration? CAM is under Solaris 10. Thank you in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SAN questions about Sun StorageTek array

Hi, I have a question about Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager (CAM): What is the concept of 'host'? Is it the hostname of the server that has access to the managed array? If so, can I use its IP instead of its hostname? I've found a 'host' under CAM called XYZ (See below). In our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies