Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000 Post 302326964 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 19th of June 2009 08:57:42 AM
Old 06-19-2009
why a SAM-FS? how do you configure the array (which software)?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Sparc T2000 + StorageTek 2540 - Help, I'm lost

I have a Sun Sparc T2000 (Solaris 10 05-08) and have installed a PCI-X 4GB Single Port HBA card in it. I have one StorageTek 2540 array that I would like to connect to the T2000. For the moment it would be a single path connection, but I've ordered a 2nd HBA, so eventually it would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager 6.0 works very slowly

Hi! I have Sun StorageTek 2540 FC array and CAM works very slowly - I can wait for software response even more than 2 minutes... I run this software on Windows machine with Firefox Web Browser but speed is terrible... How can I make it works at least a little bit faster?.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
2 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager's configuration

In Sun manuals, I didn't find how to backup Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager's configuration. Is there a way to do it like backing up Brocade switch configuration? CAM is under Solaris 10. Thank you in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
0 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SAN questions about Sun StorageTek array

Hi, I have a question about Sun StorageTek Common Array Manager (CAM): What is the concept of 'host'? Is it the hostname of the server that has access to the managed array? If so, can I use its IP instead of its hostname? I've found a 'host' under CAM called XYZ (See below). In our... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
CHNTPW(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 CHNTPW(8)

NAME
chntpw - utility to overwrite Windows NT/2000 SAM passwords SYNOPSIS
chntpw [options] <samfile> [systemfile] [securityfile] [otherreghive] [...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the chntpw command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original pro- gram does not have a manual page. chntpw is a utility to view some information and change user passwords in a Windows NT/2000 SAM userdatabase file, usually located at WIN- DOWSsystem32configSAM on the Windows file system. It is not necessary to know the old passwords to reset them. In addition it contains a simple registry editor (same size data writes) and hex-editor with which the information contained in a registry file can be browsed and modified. OPTIONS
-h Show summary of options. -u username Username to change. Default is Administrator -l List all users in the SAM database. -i Interactive: list all users (as per -l) and then ask for the user to change. -e Registry editor with limited capabilities. -d Use buffer debugger. -t Show hexdumps of structs/segments (deprecated debug function). EXAMPLES
ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /media/win ; cd /media/win/WINDOWS/system32/config/ Mount the Windows file system and enters the directory WINDOWSsystem32config where Windows stores the SAM database. chntpw SAM system Opens registry hives SAM and system and change administrator account. This will work even if the name has been changed or it has been localized (since different language versions of NT use different administrator names). chntpw -l SAM Lists the users defined in the SAM registry file. chntpw -u jabbathehutt SAM Prompts for password for jabbathehutt and changes it in the SAM registry file, if found (otherwise do nothing). SEE ALSO
If you are looking for an automated procedure for password recovery, you might look at the bootdisks provided by the upstream author at http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/ There is more information on how this program works available at /usr/share/doc/chntpw registry works. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino <jfs@computer.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 13th March 2010 CHNTPW(8)