Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: format a flat file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting format a flat file Post 302326926 by r_t_1601 on Friday 19th of June 2009 07:38:01 AM
Old 06-19-2009
working with large no of columns

I have a big file around 91 columns

when im running
awk -F"," '{ for(i=1;i<=NF;i=i+90){ print $i,",",$(i+1),",",.....$(i+90),$(i+91)} }'
bs > final

its giving me too many fields ....

---------- Post updated at 06:14 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:11 AM ----------

bash-3.00$ awk '{print NF}' IRFEReconciliationReport-SPDM-AXJ_20090618_2.CSV
awk: record `Tracker ID#,RM Syste...' has too many fields

---------- Post updated at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous update was at 06:14 AM ----------

can we check for the 91st comma in the text line and insert a line feed ...

that should satisfy the need of the hour ..
1,2,3,4,..... ,90,91

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Flat File Conversion Format

Hi all, I've a flat file in this format: = " Record 1 Field1 -> XXXX Field2 -> 9558 Field3 -> 55AA Record 2 Field1 -> YYYY Field2 -> 12345 Field3 -> aa23 " And i want to convert it to (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loobian
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a flat file!!!

Hi All, I get a flat file everyday with some records being invalid.Some records come with less number '|'.I just want to add the missing '|'s ,So the it doesnt give an error insufficient fields while loading...There area total of 32 pipes in each record. Input: ASADASD |Y|B|SDFGDSDFD| ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:) Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on this.........Let me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert UTF8 Format file to ANSI format

:confused: Hi i am trying to convert a file which is in UTF8 format to ANSI format i tried to use the function ICONV but it is throwing error Function i used it as $ iconv -f UTF8 -t ANSI filename Error iam getting is NOT Supported UTF8 to ANSI please some help me out on... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajreddy
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

6. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Converting the date format in a flat file

Hi All, I am new to this forum, could any one help me out in resolving the below issue. Input of the flat file contains several lines of text for example find below: 5022090,2,4,7154,88,,,,,4/1/2011 0:00,Z,L,2 5022090,3,1,6648,88,,,,,4/1/2011 0:00,Z,,1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: av_sagar
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change the format of the date column in a flat file?

Hi, i have a flat file namely temp.txt with this data below ID|name|contact_date 101|Kay|2013-12-26 102|let|2013-12-26 I need to modify the date data in the flat file into MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS format let me know the code for this. Thank you! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
5 Replies
GLPROVOKINGVERTEX(3G)						   OpenGL Manual					     GLPROVOKINGVERTEX(3G)

NAME
glProvokingVertex - specifiy the vertex to be used as the source of data for flat shaded varyings C SPECIFICATION
void glProvokingVertex(GLenum provokeMode); PARAMETERS
provokeMode Specifies the vertex to be used as the source of data for flat shaded varyings. DESCRIPTION
Flatshading a vertex shader varying output means to assign all vetices of the primitive the same value for that output. The vertex from which these values is derived is known as the provoking vertex and glProvokingVertex specifies which vertex is to be used as the source of data for flat shaded varyings. provokeMode must be either GL_FIRST_VERTEX_CONVENTION or GL_LAST_VERTEX_CONVENTION, and controls the selection of the vertex whose values are assigned to flatshaded varying outputs. The interpretation of these values for the supported primitive types is: If a vertex or geometry shader is active, user-defined varying outputs may be flatshaded by using the flat qualifier when declaring the output. NOTES
glProvokingVertex is available only if the GL version is 3.2 or greater. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if provokeMode is not an accepted value. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. AUTHORS
opengl.org opengl.org 06/10/2014 GLPROVOKINGVERTEX(3G)