Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Adding a word into a file.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding a word into a file. Post 302326896 by anushree.a on Friday 19th of June 2009 06:08:15 AM
Old 06-19-2009
Hi dear,
Thak you for showing your interest.
Following two things I have tried.

find . -name "BMEZINE_TATTOOS" -print -exec sed "s/\RMM$CART/RMM$CART DFD/g;" {} \; > BMEZINE_TATTOOS_DFD

find . -name "BMEZINE_TATTOOS" -print -exec perl -pi -e "s/RMM$CART/RMM$CART DFD/g;" {} \;

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding text to the end of lines containing a word

I'm new to shell scripting, and need to add a series of commands to the ends of certain lines of text that contain a keyword. Any easy way to do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ironwall
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a word in front of a word of each line.

Adding a word in front of a word of each line.In that line only one word will be there. pl help:( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ramesh Vellanki
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed for adding word

hello i have a file (myfile) contains line as follows /home/mytarget/myproject i want to add a pattern at the end of this line. my pattern is- /.*mk i want like it - /home/mytarget/myproject/*.mk i tried sed like sed 's/$//*.mk/' myfile > newfilename, but not wrking. pls... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shailesh_arya
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding single word to multiple line.

I have following problem. <File A> contains let say 5 lines but can be changed. cat dog fish car if I want to add word to each line then how do I go about it? I used paste -d but that requires two files having same number of lines but in my case <File A> changes and I just need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulds
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help adding a key word search to my script

Hello: I need help adding a key word search to my bash script. I have the following script. My boss whats the user to be able to add a search word e.g. unknown failures for the script to search the logs through and find the instances. I had originally done it so it grepped for unknown... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: taekwondo
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding Characters to a Word List

If I had a word list with a large amount of words in it, how would I (using a unix command) add, say, 123 to the end of each word? EDIT: The word list is stored in a large text file. I need a command that applies the ending to each word in the file and saves the result in a new text file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: evillion
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding extra word from file1 to file2

I need to add a word from file1 to file2 accordinggly... file1 contains name of servers and file2 version of server I need that information in a single file so that the format is server_name : version I been trying but havent been able to figure out how to search for a file using sed... ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: eponcedeleonc
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for adding a word in front of all line in a file

Hi I've one file full of paths of certain files and I want to add some extra file words in front of all the paths. for eg: i have a file name test.txt which show some details only.. 024_hd/044/0344eng.txt 035_bv/222/editor.jpg here I want to add /usr/people/indiana/ infront of all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshp
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding text before and after a word

Hello, I have a list: i.e: 40331786 50331787 30331788 30331789 30331790 50331791 50331792 50331793 70331794 70331795 70331796 ... ... and I need to add text before and after each number: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding word in blank space

Hi, var=QSB SBD SDN SGJ SJP SKB SKD SLP SML SNB SRE SRG STP TAJ UMP UNO VKS VND VNS WAH ZRR I have to put *.sql after every word What I did echo $var>/root/file1.sql sed -i 's/ /*.sql /g' file1.sql cat file1.sql Output QSB*.sql SBD*.sql SDN*.sql SGJ*.sql SJP*.sql SKB*.sql... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushik02018
9 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)