Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read a file and search a value in another file create third file using AWK Post 302326785 by King Kalyan on Friday 19th of June 2009 12:05:32 AM
Old 06-19-2009
Thanks for giving me a new direction!

I changed the invocation because field <#KEY> can be anywhere in the file it's not always at second position. Sorry I did not mention that in my first post.

Yes I saw your last code and forgot to include that in my code, now I included it (skipping rebuilding array if there is only one entry).

After you told that, I thought of different implementation and here it is.. this is more faster...

Code:

FNR==NR{f1[$1]=($1 in f1)? f1[$1] SUBSEP $2 : $2; default_num=$2;next}
{x=index($2,">");
key=substr($2,1,x-1);
}
key in f1 {
n=split(f1[key], a, SUBSEP)
printf("%s<RESULT>%s\n", $0, a[1])
if (n==1) {next}
y=index(f1[key],SUBSEP);
f1[key]=substr(f1[key],y+1)
next
}
{
print $0 "<RESULT>" substr(default_num, 1, 11) "000000000"
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read words from file and create new file using K-shell.

Hi All, Please help me in creating files through K-shell scripts. I am having one file in this format. OWNER.TABLE_NAME OWNER.TABLE_NAME1 OWNER1.TABLE_NAME OWNER1.TABLE_NAME1 I want to read the above file and create new file through k shell script. The new file should looks like this.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with awk - how to read a content of a file from every file from file list

Hi Experts. I need to list the file and the filename comes from the file ListOfFile.txt. Basicly I have a filename "ListOfFile.txt" and it contain Example of ListOfFile.txt /home/Dave/Program/Tran1.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran2.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran3.P /home/Dave/Program/Tran4.P... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanit
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select some lines from a txt file and create a new file with awk

Hi there, I have a text file with several colums separated by "|;#" I need to search the file extracting all columns starting with the value of "1" or "2" saving in a separate file just the first 7 columns of each row maching the criteria, with replacement of the saparators in the nearly created... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: capnino
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to read data from a file name.txt and search it in another file and then matching...

Hi Frnds... I have an input file name.txt and another file named as source.. name.txt is having only one column and source is having around 25 columns...i need to read from name.txt line by line and search it in source file and then save the result in results file.. I have a rough idea about the... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk read one delimited file, search another delimited file

Hello folks, I have another doozy. I have two files. The first file has four fields in it. These four fields map to different locations in my second file. What I want to do is read the master file (file 2 - 23 fields) and compare each line against each record in file 1. If I get a match in all four... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to read one file and search in another file

Hi Forum. I did some google search on what I'm trying to do but I cannot get my code to work correctly. I have 2 files which are very large and I want to read text from file1 and search in file2 - if present, keep the records. I've tried fgrep -f file1 file2 but it is too slow. File1:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to search file based off user input then create new file

In the below bash a file is downloaded when the program is opened and then that file is searched based on user input and the result is written to a new file. For example, the bash is opened and the download.txt is downloaded, the user then enters the id (NA04520). The id is used to search... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in search strings from text file, search for string in second text file and output to CSV

Hi guys, I have a text file named file1.txt that is formatted like this: 001 , ID , 20000 002 , Name , Brandon 003 , Phone_Number , 616-234-1999 004 , SSNumber , 234-23-234 005 , Model , Toyota 007 , Engine ,V8 008 , GPS , OFF and I have file2.txt formatted like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: An0mander
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use while loop to read file and use ${file} for both filename input into awk and as string to print

I have files named with different prefixes. From each I want to extract the first line containing a specific string, and then print that line along with the prefix. I've tried to do this with a while loop, but instead of printing the prefix I print the first line of the file twice. Files:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a text file into smaller files with awk, how to create a different name for each new file

Hello, I have some large text files that look like, putrescine Mrv1583 01041713302D 6 5 0 0 0 0 999 V2000 2.0928 -0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 5.6650 0.2063 0.0000 N 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3.5217 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
3 Replies
XkbKeyActionsPtr(3)						   XKB FUNCTIONS					       XkbKeyActionsPtr(3)

NAME
XkbKeyActionsPtr - Returns a pointer to the two-dimensional array of key actions associated with the key corresponding to keycode SYNOPSIS
XkbKeyActionPtr XkbKeyActionsPtr macro ( xkb, keycode ) XkbDescPtr xkb; KeyCode keycode; ARGUMENTS
- xkb Xkb description of interest - keycode keycode of interest DESCRIPTION
A key action defines the effect key presses and releases have on the internal state of the server. For example, the expected key action associated with pressing the Shift key is to set the Shift modifier. There is zero or one key action associated with each keysym bound to each key. Just as the entire list of key symbols for the keyboard mapping is held in the syms field of the client map, the entire list of key actions for the keyboard mapping is held in the acts array of the server map. The total size of acts is specified by size_acts, and the number of entries is specified by num_acts. The key_acts array, indexed by keycode, describes the actions associated with a key. The key_acts array has min_key_code unused entries at the start to allow direct indexing using a keycode. If a key_acts entry is zero, it means the key does not have any actions associated with it. If an entry is not zero, the entry represents an index into the acts field of the server map, much as the offset field of a KeySymMapRec structure is an index into the syms field of the client map. The reason the acts field is a linear list of XkbActions is to reduce the memory consumption associated with a keymap. Because Xkb allows individual keys to have multiple shift levels and a different number of groups per key, a single two-dimensional array of KeySyms would potentially be very large and sparse. Instead, Xkb provides a small two-dimensional array of XkbActions for each key. To store all of these individual arrays, Xkb concatenates each array together in the acts field of the server map. The key action structures consist only of fields of type char or unsigned char. This is done to optimize data transfer when the server sends bytes over the wire. If the fields are anything but bytes, the server has to sift through all of the actions and swap any nonbyte fields. Because they consist of nothing but bytes, it can just copy them out. XkbKeyActionsPtr returns a pointer to the two-dimensional array of key actions associated with the key corresponding to keycode. Use XkbKeyActionsPtr only if the key actually has some actions associated with it, that is, XkbKeyNumActions (xkb, keycode) returns something greater than zero. STRUCTURES
The KeySymMapRec structure is defined as follows: #define XkbNumKbdGroups 4 #define XkbMaxKbdGroup (XkbNumKbdGroups-1) typedef struct { /* map to keysyms for a single keycode */ unsigned char kt_index[XkbNumKbdGroups]; /* key type index for each group */ unsigned char group_info; /* # of groups and out of range group handling */ unsigned char width; /* max # of shift levels for key */ unsigned short offset; /* index to keysym table in syms array */ } XkbSymMapRec, *XkbSymMapPtr; SEE ALSO
XkbKeyNumActions(3) X Version 11 libX11 1.2.1 XkbKeyActionsPtr(3)