Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Problems Detecting HP Tape Drive Post 302326748 by RicardoM on Thursday 18th of June 2009 04:32:15 PM
Old 06-18-2009
Data Problems Detecting HP Tape Drive

I am trying to install an HP StorageWorks DAT40 Tape drive at SC0 5.0.7. The tape drive is not functional.

When I run #sconf -v this is what I get;

Sdsk ad160 0 0 0 0
Sdsk ad160 0 0 1 0
Stp ad160 0 0 3 0

But when I run #hwconfig -h this is what I get;

device address vec dma comment
======== ============= === === ===================
kernel - - - rel=3.2v5.0.7 kid=2003-02-18
cpu - - - unit=1 family=15 type=Intel Xeon
cpuid - - - unit=1 vend=GenuineIntel tfms=0:15:2:9(11)
fpu - 13 - unit=1 type=80387-compatible
pci 0xcf8-0xcff - - am=1 sc=0 buses=3
PnP - - - nodes=0
clock - - - type=TSC/2.392032383Ghz
serial 0x3f8-0x3ff 4 - unit=0 type=Standard nports=1 base=0 16550A/16
console - - - unit=vga type=0 num=12 scoansi=1 scroll=50
adapter 0xd800-0xd8ff 11 - type=ad160 ha=0 slot=0 bus=0 id=7 fts=sto
adapter 0xdc00-0xdcff 3 - type=ad160 ha=1 slot=0 bus=0 id=7 fts=sto
floppy 0x3f2-0x3f7 6 2 unit=0 type=135ds18
udi - - - UDI environment
adapter - - - ha=0 type=usb_msto UDI SCSI HBA
adapter 0x170-0x177 15 - type=IDE ctlr=secondary dvr=wd
bcme0 - 3 - chip=BCM5703 mem=FCD00000 phy=BCM5703 ddr=00:10: 18:06:49:56
cd-rom - - - type=IDE unit=0 ctlr=sec cfg=mst dvr=Srom->wd
disk - - - type=S ha=0 id=0 lun=0 bus=0 ht=ad160 unit=0
Sdsk - - - cyls=4427 hds=255 secs=63 unit=0 fts=stdb
Sdsk-0 - - - Vnd=SEAGATE Prd=ST336753LW Rev=DX10
usb_ohci - 5 - PCI bus=0 dev=15 func=2

I am using Lone tar as the backup software and it doesn't recognize the tape when I do a scan.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tape drive

Hi, I need to restore my tape backup, when I type "tape status" it gives; status : ready beginning-of-tape write-protected soft errors : 0 hard errors : 0 underruns : 3 but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

2. Gentoo

Not detecting CD ROm drive

Hello All, I am pretty new to Linux, When trying to install TurboLinux 6.0 through a boot floppy, After a while it says to insert the CD and later it is not recognizing the CDROM, SO do we need to mount the CD-ROM before installation ?? Thanks in Advance :) S (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
13 Replies

3. AIX

Tape Drive

I have tape drive in one Lpar. when i saw that time tape is in defined state. After that i deleted the tape drive using the rmdev -R command. Then fired the cfgmgr -v command. But I am not getting the tape drive. Now the drive is even not in defined state also. It is not shown the tape drive. How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Tape drive problems

Recently we had a problem with a CPU card on our SunFire V880 which has Solaris 9 OS. we removed the card and there was also a problem with our usr which was accidentally deleted. We able to restore the usr but now we having a problem with our tape drive. Previously we could write to the with ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmantanko
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems with SCSI card and tape drive

Currenty running SCO Openserver 6 at a Dell PowerEdge T300. I recently installed a driver for an Adaptec SCSI card (adpu320). When I connect a tape drive to it and re-start the system,it freezes and displays the following message: "WARNING: adpu320: Command timed out (ha= 4)" and the system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RicardoM
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Help with tape drive

Hey folks, Linux admin here, forced to use Opensolaris to try to use ufsdump/ufsrestore to get some data of some old tapes. I've got Opensolaris 2009.06 on x86 and a Sony SDX-700V. As a "control" experiment, I booted the system with a Linux live CD and the tape drive worked perfectly. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eddy_sysad
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

TAPE drive

I have used ioscan -fnC tape and the system identified the tape drive. what is the command to show a listing of what is on the tape? I have used ls /dev/rmt/rmt0 to no avail. can anyone help? Thanks in advance (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Randydog
10 Replies

8. Solaris

/devices/pseudo/md - detecting problems?

Got an informix DB that won't start because DB chunk is offline. Its a raw device. See below:- lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Feb 6 2013 /dev/DB -> /devices/pseudo/md@0:0,10,raw How do I tell what that refers to? I've checked metadb and metastat and cant see any issues? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies
merge_fonts(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      merge_fonts(3alleg4)

NAME
merge_fonts - Merges two fonts into one font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *merge_fonts(FONT *f1, FONT *f2) DESCRIPTION
This function merges the character ranges from two fonts and returns a new font containing all characters in the old fonts. In general, you cannot merge fonts of different types (eg, TrueType fonts and bitmapped fonts), but as a special case, this function can promote a mono- chrome bitmapped font to a color font and merge those. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *myfancy_font; FONT *lower_range; FONT *upper_range; FONT *capitals; FONT *combined_font; FONT *tempfont; ... /* Create a font that contains the capitals from */ /* the fancy font but other characters from myfont */ lower_range = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, 'A'-1); upper_range = extract_font_range(myfont, 'Z'+1, -1); capitals = extract_font_range(myfancy_font, 'A', 'Z'); tempfont = merge_fonts(lower_range, capitals); combined_font = merge_fonts(tempfont, upper_range); /* Clean up temporary fonts */ destroy_font(lower_range); destroy_font(upper_range); destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(tempfont); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
extract_font_range(3alleg4), is_trans_font(3alleg4), is_color_font(3alleg4), is_mono_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 merge_fonts(3alleg4)