Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recursive wc on a directory?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers recursive wc on a directory? Post 302326727 by cyperfrog on Thursday 18th of June 2009 03:07:54 PM
Old 06-18-2009
Total Lines

Hi,

How do I get the total number of lines because when I try this command it just lists them endlessly where I only want one number?

Cheers

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

non recursive search in the current directory only

Hi, Am trying for a script which should delete more than 15 days older files in my current directory.Am using the below piece of code: "find /tmp -type f -name "pattern" -mtime +15 -exec /usr/bin/ls -altr {} \;" "find /tmp -type f -name "pattern" -mtime +15 -exec /usr/bin/rm -f {} \;" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: puppala
9 Replies

2. Programming

recursive copy of the directory

I want to copy a directory recursively ( it again has directories) and the directory is on windows and is nfsmounted in vxWorks, i am using unix to develop the code for this, can any one suggest me how to copy the directories recursively. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepthi.s
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive directory listing with ownership

i'm playing around with "ls" and "find" and am trying to get a print out of directories, with full path, (recursive) and their ownership.... without files or package contents (Mac .pkg or .mpkg files). I'd like it simply displayed without much/any extraneous info. everything i've tried, and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alternapop
5 Replies

4. Programming

Recursive remove directory.

What is the best way to completely remove dir with it's content ??? rmdir deletes only EMPTY dirs as i know. The man page of remove function says "remove() deletes a name from the file system." Can it remove any dir recursively ??? :rolleyes: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trump
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Recursive directory search using ls instead of find

I was working on a shell script and found that the find command took too long, especially when I had to execute it multiple times. After some thought and research I came up with two functions. fileScan() filescan will cd into a directory and perform any operations you would like from within... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newreverie
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

recursive copy into a directory and all its subdirectories...

I want to copy a file from the top directory into all the sub-folders and all of the sub-folders of those sub-folder etc. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? Thanks in advance of any help you can give. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EinsteinMcfly
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Chattr recursive exclude directory

Attempting to recursive chattr directories while excluding a directory, however the command which works with chown does not seem to with chattr find /mysite/public_html ! -wholename '/mysite/public_html/images' -type d -exec chattr -R +i {} \; find /mysite/public_html -not -path "*/images*"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carnagel
2 Replies
Perl::Critic::Statistics(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Perl::Critic::Statistics(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Statistics - Compile stats on Perl::Critic violations. DESCRIPTION
This class accumulates statistics on Perl::Critic violations across one or more files. NOTE: This class is experimental and subject to change. INTERFACE SUPPORT
This is considered to be a non-public class. Its interface is subject to change without notice. METHODS
"new()" Create a new instance of Perl::Critic::Statistics. No arguments are supported at this time. " accumulate( $doc, @violations ) " Accumulates statistics about the $doc and the @violations that were found. "modules()" The number of chunks of code (usually files) that have been analyzed. "subs()" The total number of subroutines analyzed by this Critic. "statements()" The total number of statements analyzed by this Critic. "lines()" The total number of lines of code analyzed by this Critic. "lines_of_blank()" The total number of blank lines analyzed by this Critic. This includes only blank lines in code, not POD or data. "lines_of_comment()" The total number of comment lines analyzed by this Critic. This includes only lines whose first non-whitespace character is "#". "lines_of_data()" The total number of lines of data section analyzed by this Critic, not counting the "__END__" or "__DATA__" line. POD in a data section is counted as POD, not data. "lines_of_perl()" The total number of lines of Perl code analyzed by this Critic. Perl appearing in the data section is not counted. "lines_of_pod()" The total number of lines of POD analyzed by this Critic. Pod occurring in a data section is counted as POD, not as data. "violations_by_severity()" The number of violations of each severity found by this Critic as a reference to a hash keyed by severity. "violations_by_policy()" The number of violations of each policy found by this Critic as a reference to a hash keyed by full policy name. "total_violations()" The the total number of violations found by this Critic. "statements_other_than_subs()" The total number of statements minus the number of subroutines. Useful because a subroutine is considered a statement by PPI. "average_sub_mccabe()" The average McCabe score of all scanned subroutines. "violations_per_file()" The total violations divided by the number of modules. "violations_per_statement()" The total violations divided by the number statements minus subroutines. "violations_per_line_of_code()" The total violations divided by the lines of code. AUTHOR
Elliot Shank "<perl@galumph.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Elliot Shank. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Statistics(3pm)