Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting C Shell - Command Inside a Loop Post 302326675 by hobbers on Thursday 18th of June 2009 12:04:15 PM
Old 06-18-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammadi dali
Hi
Try to insert the instruction
PHP Code:
exit 
between the commands

Cheers
This caused the script to stop after the first command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.diab
Do the following and prvide me with your feedback please:-

Code:
while ($condition)
  while ($condition)
    gzcat /dir/$fileName.gz | grep $searchString >> out_file &
    wait
  end
end

This works. But after further investigation, it may have also been a file availability problem with the *.gz files.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read command (input) inside the while loop

Hi, 'read' command is not working inside the while loop, How can I solve this? Rgds, Sharif. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to log current timestamp inside a for loop in windows shell?

below is the output where i'm getting the same times tamp throughout the loop., where i'm expecting that to log the current time stamp.. C:\Users\ilango>for /l %i in (1,1,5) do echo for %i C:\Users\ilango>echo for 1 for 1 C:\Users\ilango>echo for 2 for 2 C:\Users\ilango>echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ilan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop to replace txt and add command inside of colon (:)

in one of my script..I have some thing like john:christina : one:: and i want to make it like john:chritina:two:(date command):jackey: basically change 'one' to 'two' and run date :command and add other name: (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
30 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to give a variable output name in a shell script inside a for loop

Hi all I run my program prog.c in the following way : $ ./prog 1 > output.txt where 1 is a user defined initial value used by the program. But now I want to run it for many a thousand initial values, 1-1000, and store all the outputs in different files. Like $ ./prog 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alice06
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use sqlplus command inside for loop

I tried this: for region in 'raj' 'kt' 'kol' 'krl' 'chn' 'dl' 'hr' 'bih' 'ap' do sqlplus -s huw$region/`echo $region`huw#321@huw$region<<! set serveroutput on begin select count(*) from tcd_preferred_cust_201109 end; / exit; done but the error shows like: Syntax error at line 4 :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepakprasad29@
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in running while loop inside a shell script

I have an input file at ./$1.txt with content of seq numbers like : 1234567890 1234589700 . . so on.. I need to take each seq nbr from the input file ,run the query below: select ackname,seqnbr from event where event_text like '%seqnbr( from the input file)' and redirect the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If else condition inside for loop of awk command in UNIX shell scripting

Hi , Please excuse me for opening a new thread i am unable to find out the syntax error in my if else condition inside for loop in awk command , my actual aim is to print formatted html td tag when if condition (True) having string as "failed", could anyone please advise what is the right... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a command inside a while loop?

How do we execute a command inside a while loop? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CUT command not giving correct result inside loop

Hi, i have a source file and have 3 columns and separated by "|" .i want to split this 3 columns in different variable.When i am executing this values indivisually giving correct result but when the same execute inside a for loop,it's giving issues. Src file(jjj.txt) -------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju2016
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a Boolean variable which succeed and failed inside the if loop in shell script ?

I have if loop with multiple variable value check in if loop. How can i print only if loop satisfied variable and its value in shell script ? I dont want to check each variable in if loop. That makes my script larger. if ] then echo "Only satisfied variable with value" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prince1987
3 Replies
DB2_ESCAPE_STRING(3)							 1						      DB2_ESCAPE_STRING(3)

db2_escape_string - Used to escape certain characters

SYNOPSIS
string db2_escape_string (string $string_literal) DESCRIPTION
Prepends backslashes to special characters in the string argument. PARAMETERS
o $string_literal - The string that contains special characters that need to be modified. Characters that are prepended with a backslash are x00, , , , ', " and x1a. RETURN VALUES
Returns $string_literal with the special characters noted above prepended with backslashes. EXAMPLES
Example #1 A db2_escape_string(3) example Result of using the db2_escape_string(3) function <?php $conn = db2_connect($database, $user, $password); if ($conn) { $str[0] = "All characters: x00 , , , , ' , " , x1a ."; $str[1] = "Backslash (). Single quote ('). Double quote (")"; $str[2] = "The NULL character must be quoted as well"; $str[3] = "Intersting characters: x1a , x00 ."; $str[4] = "Nothing to quote"; $str[5] = 200676; $str[6] = ""; foreach( $str as $string ) { echo "db2_escape_string: " . db2_escape_string($string). " "; } } ?> The above example will output: db2_escape_string: All characters: , , , \ , ' , " ,  . db2_escape_string: Backslash (\). Single quote ('). Double quote (") db2_escape_string: The NULL character must be quoted as well db2_escape_string: Intersting characters:  , . db2_escape_string: Nothing to quote db2_escape_string: 200676 db2_escape_string: SEE ALSO
db2_prepare(3). PHP Documentation Group DB2_ESCAPE_STRING(3)