Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: inetadm command
Operating Systems Solaris inetadm command Post 302326611 by Tirmazi on Thursday 18th of June 2009 09:44:17 AM
Old 06-18-2009
inetadm command

I am little confussed, I have installed a netbackup client on Solaris 10.
The client software has made an entry for bpcd in /etc/inetd.conf file
My question is can I use the following command in Solaris 10 so that inetd.conf is reread and is it save to do this in a production env.
Do I need to covert the file with inetconv -i /etc/inetd.conf and then use inetadm to reread, I donot know ..........Whats the correct way?

ps -ef | grep inetd
kill -HUP {inetd_pid}

Please advise

Last edited by Tirmazi; 06-18-2009 at 10:50 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

removing inetadm entries in Solaris 10

Hi there Does anybody know how I can remove an entry from the listing that `inetadm` produces ? ie .. .. .. disabled disabled svc:/network/finger:default disabled disabled svc:/network/login:eklogin disabled disabled svc:/network/login:klogin disabled disabled ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

2. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

4. AIX

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6

AIX:Command to get netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 Can anybody help us with a command to retrieve netaddress/subnet address command in IPv4/IP6 on aix machine. net/subnet address is in the format 172.16.212.0(signifies all 255 machines in an IPv4 network) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie8278
2 Replies

5. Solaris

difference between inetadm and svcadm

Can anyone tell me the difference between inetadm and svcadm in solaris. As per my knowledge svcadm will use to start/stop services . Any help on this is really helpful (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rogerben
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using inetadm to change bind_addr

In solaris inetadm -l pop3 SCOPE NAME=VALUE name="pop3" endpoint_type="stream" proto="tcp6" isrpc=FALSE wait=FALSE exec="/usr/sbin/popper -s -R" user="root" default bind_addr="71.252.137.146" default ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hitech
1 Replies
rdate(1M)                                                 System Administration Commands                                                 rdate(1M)

NAME
rdate - set system date from a remote host SYNOPSIS
rdate hostname DESCRIPTION
rdate sets the local date and time from the hostname given as an argument. You must have the authorization solaris.system.date on the local system. Typically, rdate is used in a startup script. The inetd daemon responds to rdate requests. To enable inetd response, the lines invoking the time command in inetd.conf must not be com- mented out. USAGE
The rdate command is IPv6-enabled. See ip6(7P). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWrcmdc | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), inetd.conf(4), attributes(5), ip6(7P) SunOS 5.10 15 Feb 2001 rdate(1M)