Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting preserve timestamp of symlinks using rsync Post 302326459 by KiranKumarKarre on Thursday 18th of June 2009 03:45:30 AM
Old 06-18-2009
preserve timestamp of symlinks using rsync

Hi,
In my shell programming, When i copy sym links from one server to another server using rsync it does not preserve time stamp . it showing current time after copying in destination server.the command i used is
Code:
rsync -vaR --

How can i preserve sym links time stamp using rsync.

Thanx

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 12-10-2010 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: added code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Symlinks?

Please don't laugh or call me a fool... I'm trying to set up a script that will go through my Music File directory and generate a set of symbolic links in a directory called "What's New". Within that directory there will be a "30 Days", "3 Months", "6 Months" and "A Year" directories. Within... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync - Preserve owner/group with different UID/GID

Dear Folks :-) I want to rsync some files between some servers and preserve files owner and group (not UID or GID), in some machines UID and GID are differents, for example: a) In the rsync server: # stat vbseo.php File: `vbseo.php' Size: 26758 Blocks: 56 IO... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Santi
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symlinks

Given a filename, is it possible to know haow many symbolic links are pointing to it? How can I tell? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ct1977
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automated SCP script passing password to preserve source file timestamp

Hi My requirement is i want to copy files from remote server to the local server and also i need to preserve the timestamp of the remote file. By using scp -p , it is working fine in the interactive call but it is not preserving he file timestamp when i use it in the non interactive scp call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skumar75
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to copy a file from remote server and preserve timestamp

Hi How to copy a file from remote server and preserve timestamp. Please not, i have to pass username and password to connect to the remote server in the shell script. Can this be achieved with simple ftp ? are there any options in ftp ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skumar75
4 Replies

6. Slackware

Context dependent symlinks

Ive got multiple PCs, sharing an NFS mounted home dir. For certain apps I would like to keep the config files host specific. Easy solution is to create symlinks to local folders for configs. Ideally I would still want the .config files to reside in the user home folder. Is it possible to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agentrnge
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync move with symlinks

Hi, I use rsync to move from source to target, but there are cases that I need to exclude: Suppose in my file system, I have a soft link ~/data -> /media/volgrp/data. Under data folder, there is a file hello.txt. After moving command "rsync --remove-source-files -aH --force ~/data/... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huangyingw
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve destination timestamp while copying

Hi Guys, I am trying to copy a file from source to destination, I need to preseve timestamp of destination cd desitnation ll file.txt Aug 17 17:22 file.txt cp -p source/file.txt destination/ I need to preseve same timestamp after copying cd desitnation ll file.txt Aug 17... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
vzmigrate(8)							    Containers							      vzmigrate(8)

NAME
vzmigrate - migrate a container between two OpenVZ servers SYNOPSIS
vzmigrate [-r|--remove-area yes|no] [--ssh=ssh_options] [--rsync=rsync_options] [--keep-dst] [--online] [-v] destination_address CTID DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to migrate a container from one (source) Hardware Node (HN) to another (destination) HN. The utility can migrate either stopped or running container. For a stopped container, simple CT private area transfer is performed (rsync(1) is used for file transfer). For running containers, migration may be offline (default) or online. This program uses ssh as a transport layer. You will need to put ssh public key to destination node and be able to connect to node without entering password. OPTIONS
-r, --remove-area yes | no Whether to remove a container area on source HN for the successfully migrated container. Default is yes. --ssh=options Additional options that will be passed to ssh while establishing connection to destination HN. --rsync=options Additional options that will be passed to rsync(8). You may add options like -z to enable data compression if you are migrating over a slow link. --keep-dst Do not clean synced destination container private area in case of some error. It makes sense to use this option on big container migration to avoid syncing container private area again in case some error (on container stop for example) occurs during first migration attempt. --online Perform online (zero-downtime) migration: during the migration the container hangs for a while and after the migration it continues working as though nothing has happened. -v Verbose mode. Causes vzmigrate to print debugging messages about its progress. Multiple -v options increase the verbosity. The maximum is 3. EXAMPLES
Migration of CT 101 to 192.168.1.130 with downtime: vzmigrate 192.168.1.130 101 Online migration of CT 102 to 192.168.1.130: vzmigrate --online 192.168.1.130 102 EXIT STATUS
0 EXIT_OK Command completed successfully. 1 EXIT_USAGE Bad command line options. 2 EXIT_VE_STOPPED Container is stopped. 4 EXIT_CONNECT Can't connect to destination (source) HN. 6 EXIT_COPY Container private area copying/moving failed. 7 EXIT_VE_START Can't start or restore destination CT. 8 EXIT_VE_STOP Can't stop or checkpoint source CT. 9 EXIT_EXISTS Container already exists on destination HN. 10 EXIT_NOTEXIST Container does not exists on source HN. 12 EXIT_IP_INUSE You attempt to migrate CT which IP address(es) are already in use on the destination node. 13 EXIT_QUOTA Operation with CT quota failed. SEE ALSO
rsync(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2010, Parallels, Inc. Licensed under GNU GPL. OpenVZ 28 Jun 2011 vzmigrate(8)