Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Count lines between two patterns inside a file Post 302326449 by priyadarshini on Thursday 18th of June 2009 03:10:19 AM
Old 06-18-2009
Sample Input:

#include <>
#ifdef FLAG1
#include <FLAG.h>
#ifdef OS
s=splnet()
#else
s=splx()
#endif
#else
s=splx(s)
#endif
#ifndef FLAG1
#include <>
splx(s)
#else
/* Some code */
#endif

Sample Output:

#ifdef FLAG1
#include <FLAG.h>
#ifdef OS
s=splnet()
#else
/* Some code */

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find the count of records from tables present inside a file.

hi gurus, I am having a file containing a list of tables.i want to find the count of records inside thes tables. for this i have to connect into database and i have to put the count for all the tables inside another file i used the following loop once all the tablenames are inside the file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navojit dutta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines inside a file.

hi.... I have a file having more then thousand lines. i want to remove selected lines in it. And also if there exists two duplicate lines, I want to delete one of them. Please help me with awk and shell. :confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_tus
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching patterns in 1 file and deleting all lines with those patterns in 2nd file

Hi Gurus, I have a file say for ex. file1 which has 3500 lines in it which are different account numbers and another file (file2) which has 230000 lines in it. I want to read all the lines in file1 and delete all those lines from file2 which has that same pattern as in file1. I am not quite... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing file lines that each match to a different patterns

I have a very large file (10,000,000 lines), that contains a sample id and a property of that sample. I have another file that contains around 1,000,000 lines with sample ids that I want to remove from the original file (create a new file without these lines). I know how to do this in Perl, but it... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jo_puzzled
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Count number of unique patterns from a log file

Hello Everyone I need your help in fixing this issue., I have a log file which has data of users logging in to an application. I want to search for a particular pattern in the log ISSessionValidated=N If this key word is found , the above 8 lines will contain the name of the user who's... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtechkid
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading lines from a file between two search patterns

Hi, I am new to shell scripting and is working on a script to extract lines from a log file between two time stamps using awk command. After some research I used following command: awk '/01 Oct 2011/{p=1} /10 Oct 2011/{p=0} p' test.log >> tmp.log This works fine. But now i want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidtd
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

count the number of occurring patterns in a file.

Hi, I have a file with a '|' pipe delimeter. I want to find number of counts for a particular pattern in particular field. Is it possible to do it in a single command? 1) want to find total number of "0" in field 4. 2) want to find total number of different records in field 4 ( similar to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to Count Multiple patterns in a huge file

Hi, I have a file that is 430K lines long. It has records like below |site1|MAP |site2|MAP |site1|MODAL |site2|MAP |site2|MODAL |site2|LINK |site1|LINK My task is to count the number of time MAP, MODAL, LINK occurs for a single site and write new records like below to a new file ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reach.sree@gmai
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search multiple patterns and remove lines from a file?

Hi, I have a file content as below. Table : PAYR Displayed fields: 15 of 15 Fixed columns: 4 List width 0999... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shirdi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print before and after lines then count of patterns

What i'm trying to do here is show X amount of lines before and after the string "serialNumber" is found. BEFORE=3 AFTER=2 gawk '{a=$0} {count=0} /serialNumber/ && /./ {for(i=NR-'"${BEFORE}"';i<=NR;i++){count++ ;print a}for(i=1;i<'"${AFTER}"';i++){getline; print ; count ++; print... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies
STRUCT 
IRQ_DESC(9) Structures STRUCT IRQ_DESC(9) NAME
struct_irq_desc - interrupt descriptor SYNOPSIS
struct irq_desc { unsigned int irq; struct timer_rand_state * timer_rand_state; unsigned int * kstat_irqs; #ifdef CONFIG_INTR_REMAP struct irq_2_iommu * irq_2_iommu; #endif irq_flow_handler_t handle_irq; struct irq_chip * chip; struct msi_desc * msi_desc; void * handler_data; void * chip_data; struct irqaction * action; unsigned int status; unsigned int depth; unsigned int wake_depth; unsigned int irq_count; unsigned long last_unhandled; unsigned int irqs_unhandled; raw_spinlock_t lock; #ifdef CONFIG_SMP cpumask_var_t affinity; unsigned int node; #ifdef CONFIG_GENERIC_PENDING_IRQ cpumask_var_t pending_mask; #endif #endif atomic_t threads_active; wait_queue_head_t wait_for_threads; #ifdef CONFIG_PROC_FS struct proc_dir_entry * dir; #endif const char * name; }; MEMBERS
irq interrupt number for this descriptor timer_rand_state pointer to timer rand state struct kstat_irqs irq stats per cpu irq_2_iommu iommu with this irq handle_irq highlevel irq-events handler [if NULL, __do_IRQ] chip low level interrupt hardware access msi_desc MSI descriptor handler_data per-IRQ data for the irq_chip methods chip_data platform-specific per-chip private data for the chip methods, to allow shared chip implementations action the irq action chain status status information depth disable-depth, for nested irq_disable calls wake_depth enable depth, for multiple set_irq_wake callers irq_count stats field to detect stalled irqs last_unhandled aging timer for unhandled count irqs_unhandled stats field for spurious unhandled interrupts lock locking for SMP affinity IRQ affinity on SMP node node index useful for balancing pending_mask pending rebalanced interrupts threads_active number of irqaction threads currently running wait_for_threads wait queue for sync_irq to wait for threaded handlers dir /proc/irq/ procfs entry name flow handler name for /proc/interrupts output AUTHORS
Thomas Gleixner <tglx@linutronix.de> Author. Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> Author. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 2.6. July 2010 STRUCT IRQ_DESC(9)