Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Shared Storage Array is DEGRADED Post 302326420 by deepaksharma on Thursday 18th of June 2009 01:43:42 AM
Old 06-18-2009
Shared Storage Array is DEGRADED

Hi,
On my X4200 Galaxy cluster, when i plugged out the both cables of Controller A (connected to Node 1 and Node2) , status of registered array became "Degraded".
After plugging -in the cables , i should get the status of array as "OK" but i am not getting the status OK.

I am using CAM (Controller Array Management) Gui for managing the array. from gui i have tried to de-register and re-register the array, but i am nto able to make it OK again.

Could you please help me or suggest me the way trough which i can make status of registered array as OK again.

Many thanks in advance !!!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Storage array question

We just purchased a MOD30 disk array strage system. We have 15 drives and 2 hot spares. We're running a database app with 8 data sets. I'm trying to get the best i/o speed out of my disk configuration. Right now I have 3 raid5 arrays setup. This seems to offer the same performance as having the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ncmurf00
1 Replies

2. Solaris

storage array simulator

hi i haven't much experience in solaris. I would like to know about storage. how to configure,how it is working etc....can i get any simulator for doing these work? plaese send me the link . please help me advance thanks to all (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sijocg
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

HP Storage Array

hi I need to check status and configure HP Storage Array device. HP Storageworks P2000 Please suggest (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand87
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Storage Array not readable

Hi We have an array connected to the machine but when i issue format command i dont see it. But the array is up and running and there are no warning lights. Is there a way to find that array from the OK boot prompt? Please advise. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Strange isuse with shared storage in Solaris 10

i have luns offered by SE3310 being mounted on two T2000 servers (sun solaris 10u11) . i can see the files on both servers but if i create a new file or rename n existing file on one node its not immediately visible on the other unless i unmount n remount the partition ..how can i fix this ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliyesami
2 Replies
rpc_register_mgr(3ncs)													    rpc_register_mgr(3ncs)

Name
       rpc_register_mgr - register a manager (server only)

Syntax
       #include <idl/c/rpc.h>

void rpc_$register_mgr(type, ifspec, sepv, mepv, status)
       uuid_$t *type;
       rpc_$if_spec_t *ifspec;
       rpc_$generic_epv_t sepv;
       rpc_$mgr_epv_t mepv;
       status_$t *status;

Arguments
       type		   The UUID of the type being registered.

ifspec		   The interface being registered.

sepv		   The generic EPV, a vector of pointers to server stub procedures.

mepv		   The manager EPV, a vector of pointers to manager procedures.

status		   The completion status.  If the completion status returned in is equal to status_$ok , then the routine that supplied it
			   was successful.

Description
       The routine registers the set of manager procedures that implement a specified interface for a specified type.

Servers can invoke this routine several times with the same interface (ifspec) and generic EPV (sepv) but  with	a  different  object  type
       (type) and manager EPV (mepv) on each invocation.  This technique allows a server to export several implementations of the same interface.

Servers	that  export several versions of the same interface (but not different implementations for different types) must also use not Such
       servers should supply uuid_$nil as the type to

If a server uses to register a manager for a specific interface and a specific type that is not nil, the server must  use  to  register	an
       object.

Diagnostics
       This section lists status codes for errors returned by this routine in

rpc_$op_rng_error   The requested operation does not correspond to a valid operation in the requested interface.

rpc_$unk_if	   The	requested interface is not known.  It is not registered in the server, the version number of the registered inter-
			   face is different from the version number specified in the request, or the UUID in the request does not match the  UUID
			   of the registered interface.

rpc_$too_many_ifs   The	maximum  number  of interfaces is already registered with the RPC runtime library; the server must unregister some
			   interface before it registers an additional interface.

rpc_$not_in_call    An internal error.

rpc_$you_crashed    This error can occur if a server has crashed and restarted.	A client RPC runtime library sends the error to the server
			   if  the  client  makes  a  remote  procedure  call before the server crashes, then receives a response after the server
			   restarts.

rpc_$proto_error    An internal protocol error.

rpc_$illegal_register
			   You are trying to register an interface that is already registered and you are using an EPV different from the one used
			   when  the  interface  was  first registered.  An interface can be multiply registered, but you must use the same EPV in
			   each routine.

Files
See Also
       intro(3ncs), rpc_register(3ncs), rpc_register_object(3ncs), rpc_unregister(3ncs)

rpc_register_mgr(3ncs)