Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP file format question
Operating Systems Solaris SFTP file format question Post 302326335 by wsiefkas on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 04:50:38 PM
Old 06-17-2009
Jim,

We are sure its in ascii format on the IBM server as they did a "file" command on it to see its format. Upon further research with the DOL IT team, it is believed the States, server needs to have a different switch setting for file transfers. I am waiting to hear back from our ITE IBM server guys.

Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To convert multi format file to a readable ascii format

Hi I have a file which has ascii , binary, binary decimal coded,decimal & hexadecimal data with lot of special characters (like öƒ.ƒ.„İİ¡Š·œƒ.„İİ¡Š· ) in it. I want to standardize the file into ASCII format & later use that as source . Can any one suggest a way a logic to convert such... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaur.deepti
5 Replies

2. HP-UX

SFTP Protocol: How to transfer the file in PC Format

Hi, We are facing issue with files transfered using SFTP in Hp-UX. The transfered files are in Unix Format. That is, file format as UNIX (LF) instead of a PC format (CR & LF). How can we achieve file transfers as PC format using SFTP? Your help and input will be highly appreciated. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brap45
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP file transfer mode question

I am having trouble viewing a file in ASCII after doing a 'get' using SFTP. It appears to have come across as machine language. Does the file have to be in ASCII format prior to the 'get' or is there a way to convert it to ascii after I get it onto my server? I have read where the secure file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wsiefkas
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about Openssh and sftp

I have to create an automated sftp job on an AIX box. The sftp command doesnt work. Do I need to install the openssh package in order to be able to invoke the sftp command? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/nawk question to format a file

Hi, I am new to awk/nawk, needs help. I want to merge the rows having emplid attribute same into a single row in the following file. In actual this kind of file will have around 50k rows. Here is my input file id|emplid|firstname|dep|lastname 1|001234|test|1001|1 2|002345|test|1032|2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
7 Replies

6. Solaris

SFTP log question

On a Sun Solaris 9 box, how do I know what kind of SFTP server is running? And, if someone sftp'ed a file to my box, where is the log file I can check if the sftp session was a successful one or not? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fld2007
1 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Question concerning enterprise ftp/sftp solutions

Would any of you have any good experiences, recommendations here. We are basically looking for a one stop solution for ftp/sftp including key and encryption management. FTP/S and any HA functionality would be a great bonus. Cheers! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eronysis
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Yet another sftp automation question

Hello, I've read quite a few of the sftp questions and answers on the forum but I believe my situation is slightly different. I need to automate an sftp transfer to a host that requires not only a ssh publickey, but also a password. When I try using sftp in batch mode, supplying a "user... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: n3llyb0y
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Question about SFTP command

Hi All, This is JCL that contain command script to copy file to destionation (UNIX) I have 2 questions. ********* //NATTOUT1 JOB ACCL,'XXXXYYYY',CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=X, // NOTIFY=&SYSUID,REGION=0M,USER=SFTPXXX // SET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getandput
1 Replies
libssh2_sftp_close_handle(3)					  libssh2 manual				      libssh2_sftp_close_handle(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_close_handle - close filehandle SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> int libssh2_sftp_close_handle(LIBSSH2_SFTP_HANDLE *handle); int libssh2_sftp_close(LIBSSH2_SFTP_HANDLE *handle); int libssh2_sftp_closedir(LIBSSH2_SFTP_HANDLE *handle); DESCRIPTION
handle - SFTP File Handle as returned by libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) or libssh2_sftp_opendir(3) (which is a macro). Close an active LIBSSH2_SFTP_HANDLE. Because files and directories share the same underlying storage mechanism these methods may be used interchangably. libssh2_sftp_close(3) and libssh2_sftp_closedir(3) are macros for libssh2_sftp_close_handle(3). RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_close_handle(3)