Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Setup Window server to accept AIX SFTP client Post 302326137 by shockneck on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 07:16:53 AM
Old 06-17-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwliew999
[...]I have tested successfully from AIX to AIX server and the debug screen has also display the same error as you quoted .

$ ssh -vvv -i /home/xxx/.ssh/id_rsa xxx@AIXSVR
OpenSSH_5.0p1, OpenSSL 0.9.8h 28 May 2008
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: Failed dlopen: /usr/krb5/lib/libkrb5.a(libkrb5.a.so): 0509-022 Cannot load module /usr/krb5/lib/libkrb5.a(libkrb5.a.so).
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.

debug1: Error loading Kerberos, disabling Kerberos auth.
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to WINSVR [1.2.3.4] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /home/xxx/.ssh/id_rsa.
debug2: key_type_from_name: unknown key type '-----BEGIN'
[...]
I am sorry, but what you write and what you post as debug output does not seem to fit together. I thought you'd connect from AIX to Windows but you seem to connect to an AIX server with the name WINSRV. Could it be that the second debug output is identical to the first because you connect to the very same server but with two different names/aliases?

Generally there should be no problem when connecting to an AIX server with an SSH key that also was created on an AIX server with about the same version of SSH. Furthermore I don't remember a "---- Begin" or "---- End" line in authorised_keys file. AFAIK an SSH key in this file consists of one line of ASCII chars with key type in front, the user@server name at end and in the middle the key itself with no linebreaks, no spaces, no tabs. Could you tell us which command you used to create the key and how you transferred what to the Windows PC?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

NIM server setup (AIX 5.3)

Hi, I'a a new member here. My company just bought p570 with 8 LPAR (previously we have p650 with 4 LPAR). Did anyone have procedure how to setup NIM server (NIM LPAR) and how to install other new LPAR to use the NIM server (as client). Appreciate your help and thank you very much. Rgds, David (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dshg
0 Replies

2. AIX

Print server setup on AIX

Hi, I'm very new to AIX, I have to setup a D-Link print server with HP Laserjet 1300 printer on AIX, any body can guide me thru simple steps to acheive this, like how to install print server, driver and then which services i have to restart after adding the print server all this kind of stuff. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patras
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to set AIX server for x-window?

Hi, I register the ip address into "XMD broadcast" in xconfig of xmanager, then use Xmanager to connect to AIX server, But I can not connect to it. How to set AIX server to let it can be connected? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixabc
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to setup Thinclient server and client in AIX

Hi, I want to setup Thinclient server-clinet in AIX. How I can do that? In linux I do it with LTSP. Can LTSP works with AIX? Thanks Neelesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp or sftp to Window server

Dear Unix Gurus, I have a question to confirm before I proceed to script my program. I'm currently running on IBM AIX Ver 5.3. I just like to know if it's compatible to use scp or sftp between AIX and Wintel server? I'm trying to scp or sftp a file from AIX to Window server and I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lweegp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

pull files from window server to aix box

Hi All, I have a new requirment where i have to pull files from windows server to aix box. I am using scp command to pull a files. command is working fine but it is asking password for everytime i m running this command.I want to automate this so that it will not ask any password. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
1 Replies

7. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP files from Unix to Window Server

I have a requirement, where in we need to SFTP files from the Unix box to the Windows server. Since we are putting files...Where would we place the public/private keys from the Unix servers?? Any default path as such??? How would the sftp happen from Unix to Windows...Please help... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp script for dev server to client server

hi, i am new to unix, cuold u send some sftp acripts to send files to dev server to clint server, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koti.annam
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sftp fron UNIX to window server using expect?

HI I am using expect to transfer the file from unix system to windows server. however it is not taking the password. same I tried without script also but still it is not accepting the password. when I tried with winscp tool it accepting the password. I am not sure where I am doing wrong ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
4 Replies
libssh2_sftp_write(3)						  libssh2 manual					     libssh2_sftp_write(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_write - write SFTP data SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> ssize_t libssh2_sftp_write(LIBSSH2_SFTP_HANDLE *handle, const char *buffer, size_t count); DESCRIPTION
libssh2_sftp_write(3) writes a block of data to the SFTP server. This method is modeled after the POSIX write() function and uses the same calling semantics. handle - SFTP file handle as returned by libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3). buffer - points to the data to send off. count - Number of bytes from 'buffer' to write. Note that it may not be possible to write all bytes as requested. libssh2_sftp_handle(3) will use as much as possible of the buffer and put it into a single SFTP protocol packet. This means that to get maximum performance when sending larger files, you should try to always pass in at least 32K of data to this function. WRITE AHEAD
Starting in libssh2 version 1.2.8, the default behavior of libssh2 is to create several smaller outgoing packets for all data you pass to this function and it will return a positive number as soon as the first packet is acknowledged from the server. This has the effect that sometimes more data has been sent off but isn't acked yet when this function returns, and when this function is subsequently called again to write more data, libssh2 will immediately figure out that the data is already received remotely. In most normal situation this should not cause any problems, but it should be noted that if you've once called libssh2_sftp_write() with data and it returns short, you MUST still assume that the rest of the data might've been cached so you need to make sure you don't alter that data and think that the version you have in your next function invoke will be detected or used. The reason for this funny behavior is that SFTP can only send 32K data in each packet and it gets all packets acked individually. This means we cannot use a simple serial approach if we want to reach high performance even on high latency connections. And we want that. RETURN VALUE
Actual number of bytes written or negative on failure. If used in non-blocking mode, it returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative num- ber, it isn't really a failure per se. If this function returns 0 (zero) it should not be considered an error, but simply that there was no error but yet no payload data got sent to the other end. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_open_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_write(3)