Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers kernel panic-not syncing:fatal exception while booting Post 302326108 by ansari_jamil on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 06:12:09 AM
Old 06-17-2009
Red Hat Linux Enterprise 5.2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel panic - not syncing == While RHEL AS install

I am trying to Install RHEL AS 4 on x86 pc, through VNC and got the below error, Am not pretty sure as how to resolve this. Can some one guide me through the process, or what might be missing.... Have Installed RHEL, many a times but cudnt find this out... Wud appreciate an early reply ......... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crazy_murli
0 Replies

2. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Kernel panic : Fatal exception

HI, My Machine is running on RHEL3, Its not booting. When I try to boot in rescue mode.Its giving the following err: " Kernel panic : Fatal exception " Can any one tel me how to get rid of this error? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FATAL:exception occured with pthread_exit()

We had written an application in which we create worker thread. So the main thread will create the worker thread. After some time the child thread(Worker thread) will call pthread_exit(). This function was written in try{} and there occured an Exception and is handled in catch(...)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: platso
0 Replies

5. Solaris

can any body tell me what is the difference between server panic and fatal error.

HI friends can any body tell me what is the difference between server panic and fatal error. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

what does the kernel panic mean?

Hi, all: How should I obtain the reason of kernel panic? How should I debug the program which result in a kernel panic? What can I get from the panic information? li, kunlun (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

kenel panic not syncing

I installed a new kernel 3.0.22 on ubuntu server 11.04 32 bit. when I select the kenel from boot loader it stops when Code: loading initial ramdisk... I added all_generic_ide at the end of linux line and also added dev/sda1 to linux line: root=UUID=dev/sda1 now it says that ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
12 Replies

8. Slackware

Help with kernel panic - not syncing slackware 13.0

Hi, first of all I'm 110% newbie, sorry for any mistake if I made it. In my country there are no normal or active linux forums, so i found this forum. Ok, that's for begining, but not for may real problem. --------------------------------------------------- I am system administrator... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElvijsL
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Error: kernal panic not syncing

HI All, server stopped here, we are suspecting server crash, need install new OS. Any suggestions on this. kindly help to us. Thanks Rajesh (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

Kernel panic-not syncing

dear experts linux i am using RHEL 5.5 run on a physical server. i am front of a big trouble, the Rhel can't run correctly , it show me this error message in black screen: reading all physical volumes. this my take a while .. found volume group "VolGroup00" using metadata type lvm2 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wassimpb
1 Replies
RHNREG_KS(8)						    Red Hat Linux System Manual 					      RHNREG_KS(8)

NAME
rhnreg_ks - a program for non interactively registering systems to Red Hat Network SYNOPSIS
rhnreg_ks [OPTION]... [PACKAGE NAME]... DESCRIPTION
rhnreg_ks is a utility for registering a system with the Red Hat Network. It is designed to be used in a non-interactive enviroment (a kickstart style install, for example). All the information can be specified on the commandline or stdin. --profilename Specify the profilename that should be used as an identifier for the system in Red Hat Network --username The username to register the system with under Red Hat Network. This can be an existing Red Hat Network username, or a new username. --password The password associated with the username specified with the --username option. This is an unencrypted password. --orgid Specify an organizational id of the org to register this system under. This is optional, and only used if registered a system to an existing Red Hat Network organization. --orgpassword The password assocated with the orgig specified with the --orgid option. This is an unencrypted password. --email The email address associated with the username specified iwth the --username option. --serialnumber Specify a servial number to associate with the system. This is optional, and only useful when combined with an orgid. --contactinfo Read contact info from standard in. The format is one entry per line, colon seperated. Valid options are reg_num, title, first_name, last_name, company, position, address1, address2, city, state, zip, country, phone, fax, contact_email, contact_mail, contact_phone, contact_fax, contact_special, contact_newsletter. --nohardware Do not probe or upload any hardware information. --nopackages Do not profile or upload any package information. --force Register the system even if it has already been registered. --version Show the version fo rhnreg_ks --proxy Specify a http proxy to use. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date Configuration settings for up2date and rhnreg_ks /usr/share/rhn/RHNS-CA-CERT The ssl certificate authority file used by rhnreg_ks to validate the Red Hat Network ssl servers. EXAMPLES
The following registers a new system to Red Hat Network. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" The following examples registers a new system to Red Hat Network including contact info. rhnreg_ks --profilename "example_profile_name" --username "someexampleuser@example.com" --password "foobar" --contactinfo < contactinfo where the file "contactinfo" contains data in the format: first_name: Billy last_name: Bob company: SomeCompanyName city: Springfield fax: 555-5555 phone: 555-5555 SEE ALSO
Configuration can be done via up2date --configure. rhnreg_ks is used to register a system to Red Hat Network. Visit <http://rhn.red- hat.com> for access or to sign up. You can also run up2date to register a system with Red Hat Network. Authors Written by Adrian Likins <alikins@redhat.com> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. 4th Berkeley Distribution Wed 10 April 2002 RHNREG_KS(8)