Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Change detection in MySQL.
Top Forums Web Development MySQL DevZone RSS Change detection in MySQL. Post 302326083 by amit_27 on Wednesday 17th of June 2009 04:52:14 AM
Old 06-17-2009
How do I get the native data type like we get in ORACLE using

OCIAttrGet(colHandle, OCI_DTYPE_PARAM, (dvoid *) &dataType, 0,
OCI_ATTR_DATA_TYPE, m_errorHandle);

It will return &datatype value for:
VARCHAR2 - 1
NUMBER - 2
Date - 12

How do we achieve this in MYSQL 5.1?
I saw in manual but not found any pointer. There is no any point described for native data types value.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

2. Programming

Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection

Hey, for the purpose of a research project I need to know if a specific type of parallel processing is being utilized by any user-run programs. Is there a way to detect whether a program either returns a value to another program at the end of execution, or just utilizes any form of parallel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Change date to datetime mysql using awk

#cat file1.log 10.51.61.38;Thu Nov 1 08:06:12 2012;Logout 10.51.62.21;Thu Nov 1 08:06:16 2012;Login output result: 10.51.61.38;2012-11-01 08:06:12;Logout 10.51.62.21;2012-11-01 08:06:16;Login how to write script using awk, need help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pillawa
1 Replies
ldns(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   ldns(3)

NAME
ldns_native2rdf_int8, ldns_native2rdf_int16, ldns_native2rdf_int32, ldns_native2rdf_int16_data, ldns_rdf2native_int8, ldns_rdf2native_int16, ldns_rdf2native_int32, ldns_rdf2native_sockaddr_storage, ldns_rdf2native_time_t- SYNOPSIS
#include <stdint.h> #include <stdbool.h> #include <ldns/ldns.h> ldns_rdf* ldns_native2rdf_int8(ldns_rdf_type type, uint8_t value); ldns_rdf* ldns_native2rdf_int16(ldns_rdf_type type, uint16_t value); ldns_rdf* ldns_native2rdf_int32(ldns_rdf_type type, uint32_t value); ldns_rdf* ldns_native2rdf_int16_data(size_t size, uint8_t *data); uint8_t ldns_rdf2native_int8(const ldns_rdf *rd); uint16_t ldns_rdf2native_int16(const ldns_rdf *rd); uint32_t ldns_rdf2native_int32(const ldns_rdf *rd); struct sockaddr_storage * ldns_rdf2native_sockaddr_storage(const ldns_rdf *rd, uint16_t port, size_t *size); time_t ldns_rdf2native_time_t(const ldns_rdf *rd); DESCRIPTION
ldns_native2rdf_int8() returns the rdf containing the native uint8_t repr. type: the ldns_rdf type to use value: the uint8_t to use Returns ldns_rdf* with the converted value ldns_native2rdf_int16() returns the rdf containing the native uint16_t representation. type: the ldns_rdf type to use value: the uint16_t to use Returns ldns_rdf* with the converted value ldns_native2rdf_int32() returns an rdf that contains the given int32 value. Because multiple rdf types can contain an int32, the type must be specified type: the ldns_rdf type to use value: the uint32_t to use Returns ldns_rdf* with the converted value ldns_native2rdf_int16_data() returns an int16_data rdf that contains the data in the given array, preceded by an int16 specifying the length. The memory is copied, and an LDNS_RDF_TYPE_INT16DATA is returned size: the size of the data *data: pointer to the actual data Returns ldns_rd* the rdf with the data ldns_rdf2native_int8() returns the native uint8_t representation from the rdf. rd: the ldns_rdf to operate on Returns uint8_t the value extracted ldns_rdf2native_int16() returns the native uint16_t representation from the rdf. rd: the ldns_rdf to operate on Returns uint16_t the value extracted ldns_rdf2native_int32() returns the native uint32_t representation from the rdf. rd: the ldns_rdf to operate on Returns uint32_t the value extracted ldns_rdf2native_sockaddr_storage() returns the native sockaddr representation from the rdf. rd: the ldns_rdf to operate on port: what port to use. 0 means; use default (53) size: what is the size of the sockaddr_storage Returns struct sockaddr* the address in the format so other functions can use it (sendto) ldns_rdf2native_time_t() returns the native time_t representation from the rdf. rd: the ldns_rdf to operate on Returns time_t the value extracted (32 bits currently) AUTHOR
The ldns team at NLnet Labs. Which consists out of Jelte Jansen and Miek Gieben. REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs to ldns-team@nlnetlabs.nl or in our bugzilla at http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/bugs/index.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004 - 2006 NLnet Labs. Licensed under the BSD License. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
ldns_rdf. And perldoc Net::DNS, RFC1034, RFC1035, RFC4033, RFC4034 and RFC4035. REMARKS
This manpage was automaticly generated from the ldns source code by use of Doxygen and some perl. 30 May 2006 ldns(3)