Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Can't launch firefox
Operating Systems Linux Can't launch firefox Post 302326010 by jxh461 on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 11:24:00 PM
Old 06-17-2009
Can't launch firefox

Hi all,

I installed RHEL on my machine and realized that firefox browser was not
included at installation. I went back and added it using the Add or Remove
Packages by inserting the dvd I used during installation. The icon is there
but for some reason I cannot lauch. Nothing returns when I click.

Can someone tell me what I am missing, or what could be wrong.
What log can I tail to see what the problem is ?
Am I better off reinstalling Linux ?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Last edited by jxh461; 06-17-2009 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: Mistake in title

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Eclipse launch question

I just bought my first Ultra 20 (Solaris 10) and I would like to know the step by step directions to launch eclipse please. I have unzipped the eclipse folder in my temp directory I am having really hard time launching eclipse from my desktop. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saif
7 Replies

2. Programming

launch an executable from a C++ program

Hi everybody! Could you please tell me how can I launch an executable from a C++ (on unix) program? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nadiamihu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

launch a command only if

Hi! I would launch this command: tar -cvvf logswitch.tar `find *.log* -mtime +5` --remove-files only if find *.log* -mtime +5 find some files. Thanks in advance. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Launch veritas netbackup

Hello - I already have Veritas netbackup installed on Mac OS. But I am not able to find the daemon name for running the backup. Does anyone know How to run netbackup? Thank you! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panchpan
3 Replies

5. Programming

How to launch a new process

Hi, I have a situation where a C main program needs to call another C main program, my background is mostly Windows and I'm new to UNIX programming. I've read about system(), fork(), and exec() and I'm a little confused as to what the sequence of steps should be to launch another process. By the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hr94131
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to launch Eclipse in Solaris 10

Hi people, i just installed Eclipse on my Solaris terminal and i can't seem to run it. Currently i am using the SSH Client software to go to my Unix console.I tried to run the command "eclipse -vm <path of java hre>" as directed however i still can't run the application. My Command prompt is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsontan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch Script

Hi all! I just got done writing a script. The problem Im running into is I have to lanuch the script with: sh SCRIPT.sh Is there a way to launch it with by just entering SCIPT into the shell? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Launch application in background

Hi, I would launch a script in background. I've tried in this way: But it doesn't work. The sh launch a java application. How can I solve? Thanks, bye bye. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdujaparov
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to launch results of a pipe?

Good afternoon, I have just messed up and deleted some directories on my UNIX machine. I would now want to know which packages are impacted by this. Therefore I have a look in the file "/var/sadm/install/contents" (which contains the filenames/directory names for each installation package). After... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scampsd
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Install + launch java

Hi I want to write a very short bash script for doing the following action (on Ubuntu): First, install java Second, launch at a specific time (e.g. 4.30 pm) a java ANT program. How can I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Helveticus
3 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.18.2 2018-08-17 PERLIVP(1)