Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE need help with recode command for CR/LF Post 302325965 by Franklin52 on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 03:33:02 PM
Old 06-16-2009
To convert the files you can use these commands:

Dos to Unix:

Code:
tr -d '\r' < dosfile > unixfile

Unix to Dos:

Code:
awk '{printf("%s\r\n",$0)}' unix_file > dosfile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

inconsistent ls command display at the command prompt & running as a cron job

Sir, I using the following commands in a file (part of a bigger script): #!/bin/bash cd /opt/oracle/bin ls -lt | tail -1 | awk '{print $6}' >> /tmp/ramb.out If I run this from the command prompt the result is: 2007-05-16 if I run it as a cron job then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajranibl
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing an algorithm to recode data points

I have a file that has been partially recoded so that data points that were formerly letter combinations are now -1, 0, or 1. I need to finish recoding the GG and CC data points. The file looks like this: ID 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 83845676 0 0 0 0 CC -1 CC CC 838469. -1 -1 1 GG CC 0 CC 1 83847041... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: doobedoo
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recode A/T/G/C to 0/1 using a reference column

Hello, I have a large file that contains 114 total columns with over 6,000 rows and a header; the final 27 columns are coded in A/T/G/C. There is also a reference column coded A/T/C/G. e.g. OLD_file col1 col2 3 ref ... 27 28 29 30 ... 1 r 22 A ... G A G A ... 2 f 22 C ... T T C T ...... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peanuts48
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recode alphabet into numbers

I have a genotype.bim file where it contains information about SNPs and genotype. As a hypothetical example, let's say genotype.bim snp1 ... A G snp2 ... G T snp3 ... G T snp4 ... G A ... snpN ... C G where first column identifies each SNP and 5th and 6th column has genotype... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple command execution inside awk command during xml parsing

below is the output xml string from some other command and i will be parsing it using awk cat /tmp/alerts.xml <Alert id="10102" name="APP-DS-ds_ha-140018-componentFailure-S" alertDefinitionId="13982" resourceId="11427" ctime="1359453507621" fixed="false" reason="If Event/Log Level(ANY) and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

9. AIX

I'm facing problem with rpm command, when running the command and appears this error:

exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/opt/freeware/bin/rpm because of the following errors: 0509-022 Cannot load module /opt/freeware/lib/libintl.a(libintl.so.1). 0509-150 Dependent module /opt/freeware/lib/libiconv.a(shr4.o) could not be loaded. 0509-152 Member... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ohmkar
4 Replies
dos2unix(1)						      General Commands Manual						       dos2unix(1)

NAME
dos2unix - mtools utility to convert a DOS file to UNIX SYNOPSIS
dos2unix msdosfile OPTIONS
None OPERANDS
Name of the file to convert. DESCRIPTION
The dos2unix command converts a file from DOS format to UNIX format. The converted file replaces the original file. Subdirectory names that contain the '/' or '' separator are supported. If you use the '' separator or wildcards, you must enclose file names in quotes to protect them from the shell. The mcd command can be used to establish the device and the current working directory (relative to DOS), otherwise the default is A:. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: Success. Failure. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The following environment variables affect the execution of dos2unix: If set, this variable names the file that contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this variable is not set, the file $HOME/.mcwd is used. FILES
Contains the name of the current mtools working directory as established by the mcd command. If this file does not exist, the default mtools working directory is A:. Executable file SEE ALSO
Commands: mcopy(1), mread(1), mtools(1) mtype(1), mwrite(1) dos2unix(1)