Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat problem with Dependencies package ! Post 302325933 by mark54g on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 01:53:58 PM
Old 06-16-2009
where did you get the rpms and why are you using a force flag on an rpm?

You are asking to break things.

First off, I'd need the output of the following commands:

cat /etc/redhat-release

arch

uname -va

Last edited by Neo; 06-22-2009 at 06:18 AM.. Reason: removed extra words

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris Package Manager problem

i'm trying to run Patch Manager, but i'm getting the following problem when i try and run "pprosvc" with either the -l, -d, or -i options. Assessing patches needed for your system...... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
8 Replies

2. Linux

Help needed in dependencies problem in Fedora 8 VM

hi, I have installed a VM for Fedora 8 running on Windows Xp. And I have the following error:- Error: Missing Dependency: libgsl.so.0 is needed by package test Error: Missing Dependency: /usr/bin/gcc is needed by package test Error: Missing Dependency: libgslcblas.so.0 is needed by... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem with solaris 10 installation package

Hi, I want to install man pages package from solaris 10. Solaris 10 has already been installed on my servor but I have to add the man pages packages. I search for a long time on internet this package but I didn't find a compatible one... So I downloaded Solaris 10 from Sun site to get this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem in instaling package SUNWman

Hi All, I am trying to install the package from CD rom and i am unable to do. i have located the package in CD and its there however when i am trying to run pkgadd -d /cdrom/sol_10_508_sparc_5/Solaris_10/Product/SUNWman i am getting error pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
4 Replies

5. Programming

Dependencies problem GNU automake

I am using the GNU automake. I have created the Configure.in and Makefile.am files but don't know how to link in my dependencies. I have basically added another project (OpenCV) to my eclipse workspace and want to reference this in the build. I have set Eclipse up to include the Cpp files... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hembergb
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem while installing WAS ND package

Hi everyone, Hope u doing good. I am trying to installl WebSphere Application Server(WAS) ND package, i got problem at initial level I hope, the problem is with Mozilla browzer. Can anyone trobleshoot the problem An error occurred while starting the launchpad for a WebSphere Application ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarfraz
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with TCL package

Following error encountered while executing characterizationEngine.tcl :confused::confused: $ ./characterizationEngine.tcl Tcl Client is running Ixia Software version: 5.60 Can't find tclx.tcl in the following directories: /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
0 Replies

8. Solaris

php package installation problem

can u tell me the procedure to install php 5 using package .. i downloaded php-5.2.1-sol10-x86-local.gz from sunfreeware i have added package using pkgadd -d php-5.2.1-sol10-x86-local then i have added these two lines in httpd.conf LoadModule php5_module modules/libphp5.so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin setup old package problem.

Hi there, I am in need to compile an old project for cygwin, but it needs some old packages to compile. I tried to download the x86 setup.exe from cygwin web site. Then downloaded the old packages from various sites and put it in an empty directory I run the setup.exe file and install from local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies
MAKEDELTARPM(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKEDELTARPM(8)

NAME
makedeltarpm - create a deltarpm from two rpms SYNOPSIS
makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-r] [-u] oldrpm newrpm deltarpm makedeltarpm [-v] [-V version] [-z compression] [-s seqfile] [-u] -p oldrpmprint oldpatchrpm oldrpm newrpm deltarpm DESCRIPTION
makedeltarpm creates a deltarpm from two rpms. The deltarpm can later be used to recreate the new rpm from either filesystem data or the old rpm. Use the -v option to make makedeltarpm more verbose about its work (use it twice to make it even more verbose). If you want to create a smaller and faster to combine "rpm-only" deltarpm which does not work with filesystem data, specify the -r option. makedeltarpm normally produces a V3 format deltarpm, use the -V option to specify a different version if desired. The -z option can be used to specify a different compression method, the default is to use the same compression method as used in the new rpm. The -s option makes makedeltarpm write out the sequence id to the specified file seqfile. If you also use patch rpms you should use the -p option to specify the rpm-print of oldrpm and the created patch rpm. This option tells makedeltarpm to exclude the files that were not included in the patch rpm but are not byteswise identical to the ones in oldrpm. makedeltarpm can also create an "identity" deltarpm by adding the -u switch. In this case only one rpm has to be specified. An identity deltarpm can be useful to just replace the signature header of a rpm or to reconstruct a rpm from the filesystem. SEE ALSO
applydeltarpm(8) combinedeltarpm(8) AUTHOR
Michael Schroeder <mls@suse.de> Feb 2005 MAKEDELTARPM(8)