Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract from txt file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract from txt file Post 302325887 by ekb on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 11:12:07 AM
Old 06-16-2009
I want to build menu item from the text file and excute command from the variable array.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

c file to extract real value from a txt file

Hello Friends,, I m really a new bee to C programms , please help me with a code.. I found some theads here similar to this but Not able to solve what exactly I want.. suppose I ve txt file as below. abc.txt 12 23 10 11 131 159 12.2 13.8 Then I want to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary txt file received when i use uuencode to send txt file as attachment

Hi, I have already read a lot of posts on sending attachments in unix...but none of them were of help for my problem...so here goes.. i wanna attach a text file and send to a mail id..used the following code : uuencode "$File1" "$File1" ;|mail -s "$Mail_sub" abc@abc.com it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash22
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract content from several txt-files

Hi! Im trying to write a script in ksh that creates a single txt-file from specific content in several other txt-files. From these files I want to extract all text after 'WORD' and before '=', regardless of number of lines and other content. I have tried cat and guess I need... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: larsu
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract words from txt using perl

Hi, i will deal with txt file and i want to use perl to extract number of words from this txt ex :if the txt file is a story which contains person names and iwant to extract these names and there is something else that these names which i want perl to extract must match the words (person names) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eng_shimaa
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract numbers from .txt file

I need to extract all the p-value numbers and the rho numbers from a .txt file and write them as coma separated values in a new file. Ideally I would get two files in the end, one for p- values and one for rho. Any suggestions? I appreciate your help!!! The .txt file looks essentially like this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eggali
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to extract all columns except the last few from a txt file

hello, i have publicly available txt file with little less than 300000 rows. i want to extract from column 1 to column 218 and save it in another text file. i use the cut command but the file is saved with multiple rows from the source file onto a single row in the destination. basically it is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madrazzii
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script extract text from txt file with grep

All, I require a script that grabs some text from the gitHub API and will grep (or other function) for a string a characters that starts with (") quotes followed by two letters, may contain a pipe |, and ending with ) . What i have so far is below but it's not returning anything. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChocoTaco
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract the filename and write to .txt

I'm new to this forum and also to UNIX scripting. I need a command to extract the filename from the path and write to .txt file. Thanks in advance for your guidance. (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
23 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract information from txt file

Hello! I need help :) I have a file like this: AA BC FG RF TT GH DD FF HH (a few number of rows and three columns) and I want to put the letters of each column in a variable step by step in order to give them as input in another script. So I would like to obtain: for the 1° loop:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: edekP
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

To extract values after the maximum value in a txt file

Hello, I'm new to scripting and I need to write a bash script. Here is example of file on which I'm working: 0.3092381 0.3262799 0.3425480 0.3578379 0.3719490 0.3846908 0.3958855 0.4053738 0.4130160 0.4186991 0.4223357 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeo_fb
1 Replies
mitem_value(3X) 														   mitem_value(3X)

NAME
mitem_value - set and get menu item values SYNOPSIS
#include <menu.h> int set_item_value(ITEM *item, bool value); bool item_value(const ITEM *item); DESCRIPTION
If you turn off the menu option O_ONEVALUE (e.g., with set_menu_opts or menu_opts_off; see menu_opts(3X)), the menu becomes multi-valued; that is, more than one item may simultaneously be selected. In a multi_valued menu, you can used set_item_value to select the given menu item (second argument TRUE) or deselect it (second argument FALSE). RETURN VALUE
The function set_item_value returns one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). E_REQUEST_DENIED The menu driver could not process the request. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), menu(3X). NOTES
The header file <menu.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V menu library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. mitem_value(3X)