Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting uuencode mailx - send multiple emails Post 302325814 by suthera on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 08:36:17 AM
Old 06-16-2009
Thanks anchal_khare

I modified the email subject on the second emailing code and it worked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx and uuencode question

I have this code below that works well. I also want to attach a logfile to the email. The first part of this code is the body of the email. echo "The size of $dirname/$f1 size = $f1size, and $dirname/$f2 = $f2size'" | mailx -s "Error with file sizes on $HOST Server" xyz@company.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using mailx to send email to multiple users.

Hi, I am using the mailx command to send email to multple users. The command works fine when i am sending mail to a single user but when i insert multiple email ids inside the quote it does not work. All the email ids are coming from a property file.Please have a lookt at the property file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyaksingh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

uuencode/mailx

Hi all, I know how to use the uuencode/mailx commands to mail a single file within a directory, e.g. uuencode file.dat file.dat | mailx joe.smith@mail.com but now, i need to be able to mail every file within the directory with one command, any ideas? thanks :b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ocelot
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx, uuencode problem

I've this command to run ... Purpose : Send attachment file with e-mail body... ( E-mail body i read it from text file) uuencode TEST_FILE.csv TEST_FILE.csv | cat /usr/local/bin/EMAIL_BODY.txt - | mailx -s "TEST Report" -c receiver1@mail.com receiver2@mail.com Here is the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to send multiple attachments using uuencode and mailx

Hi, I am seeing some junk characters when I attach the second file, given below is the logic I used. Please help me resolving the issue. ( uuencode file1.txt file1.txt.lst && uuencode file2.txt file2.txt.lst ) > attachment.txt cat body.txt attachment.txt > combinemail.txt mailx -m... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasperl
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx script to do multiple emails

I am looking for a script that I can use with mailx to do the following: 1. Grab usernames from a flat file (one at a time) 2. Attach a file to the email and mail out. Thanks. Cubefeed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CubeFeed
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mailx Vs sendmail to send internal emails to exchange

Hi Gurus, I have been searching for this around, but sendmail seems complicated and not sure if "mail" command would do, since all what I need to send internal emails from my solaris 10 box to our exchange server. Would the mailx or mail command do ? I tried the : # mailx -s test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with mailx, uuencode

Here's my code - FILES="file1 file2 file3" for File in ${FILES}; do uuencode "${File}" "$(basename ${File}" done | mailx email@id.com This works as expected, meaning emailing the files as attachments but with null body. Now what I want is a way to have the Body list the files in order e.g. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nexional
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting mailx to send true Bcc mail to multiple recipients

I am having trouble getting mailx to send multiple Bcc mails out without everyone in the list of recipients seeing everyone else's email addresses. I looked at the man pages of my system and seem to be following the syntax correctly, but the mails still go out as if I were just putting in a list of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: legrandtimonier
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Uuencode & Mailx

hi, i am trying to send a pdf attachment which has a name of 200 characters using uuencode and mailx. But the email is not getting delivered. uuencode <filename.pdf> <filename.pdf> | mailx -s "Test" <email_id> (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ATWC
2 Replies