Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How many user can be added to single group Post 302325690 by amitranjansahu on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 01:58:23 AM
Old 06-16-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

is it possible to have a 1000 user in single group

I m usi ng RHEL 4 and /etc/group file contains line 7000 characters. so it is possible to have a 1000 user in single group (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Need a single printer driver added to CUPS

Just got an HP OfficeJet L7680 printer but there are no drivers for it in RHEL5. I just want to add the single driver without installing hplip 3.9.8. It's going to be connected with USB. Is this possible and if so how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

4. Solaris

su: No shell/No directory! if sys is added to a users secondary group

Hi, When I include a user to the secondary group "sys" GID=3 in Solaris 9 OS I'm not able to login. I get these error. The user home directory and the shell exists. Is this because of any security hardening. # su - agent No directory! # su agent su: No shell # grep taddm /etc/passwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent001
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Merge a group of lines into single line

Hi Everybody, Below are the contents of the a text file .., SN = 8 MSI = 405027002277133 IKVALUE = DE6AA6A11D42B69DF6398D44B17BC6F2 K4SNO = 2 CARDTYPE = SIM ALG = COMP128_3 SN = 8 MSI = 405027002546734 IKVALUE = 1D9F8BAA73973D8FBF8CBFB01436D822 K4SNO = 2 CARDTYPE = SIM ALG =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth_babu
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Why this message came when i added user in group?

Hi all, When I added one user in in this group hhs_gl6 following message got generated. -bash-3.00$ /usr/local/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/usermod -G hhs_gl6 vivek UX: /usr/sbin/usermod: hhs_gl6 name should be all lower case or numeric. However when I cheked the user in /etc/group file, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to find when a user is added in Linux host?

Is there a way/command/script to find when a user is added in linux host? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

9. Programming

Sql ORA-00937: not a single-group group function

I'm trying to return only one row with the highest value for PCT_MAX_USED. Any suggestions? When I add this code, I get the ORA-00937 error. trunc(max(decode( kbytes_max, 0, 0, (kbytes_alloc/kbytes_max)*100))) pct_max_used This is the original and returns all rows. select (select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Account added to group

Hi , Is there a way to find out when an account was added to a group in Windows 2003?Could you please tell me how to find that? Regards, Maddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
1 Replies
GSHADOW(5)						   File Formats and Conversions 						GSHADOW(5)

NAME
gshadow - shadowed group file DESCRIPTION
/etc/gshadow contains the shadowed information for group accounts. This file must not be readable by regular users if password security is to be maintained. Each line of this file contains the following colon-separated fields: group name It must be a valid group name, which exist on the system. encrypted password Refer to crypt(3) for details on how this string is interpreted. If the password field contains some string that is not a valid result of crypt(3), for instance ! or *, users will not be able to use a unix password to access the group (but group members do not need the password). The password is used when a user who is not a member of the group wants to gain the permissions of this group (see newgrp(1)). This field may be empty, in which case only the group members can gain the group permissions. A password field which starts with an exclamation mark means that the password is locked. The remaining characters on the line represent the password field before the password was locked. This password supersedes any password specified in /etc/group. administrators It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Administrators can change the password or the members of the group. Administrators also have the same permissions as the members (see below). members It must be a comma-separated list of user names. Members can access the group without being prompted for a password. You should use the same list of users as in /etc/group. FILES
/etc/group Group account information. /etc/gshadow Secure group account information. SEE ALSO
gpasswd(5), group(5), grpck(8), grpconv(8), newgrp(1). shadow-utils 4.5 01/25/2018 GSHADOW(5)