Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How many user can be added to single group Post 302325690 by amitranjansahu on Tuesday 16th of June 2009 01:58:23 AM
Old 06-16-2009

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files with group read OR group write OR user write permission

I need to find all the files that have group Read or Write permission or files that have user write permission. This is what I have so far: find . -exec ls -l {} \; | awk '/-...rw..w./ {print $1 " " $3 " " $4 " " $9}' It shows me all files where group read = true, group write = true... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shunter63
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

is it possible to have a 1000 user in single group

I m usi ng RHEL 4 and /etc/group file contains line 7000 characters. so it is possible to have a 1000 user in single group (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Need a single printer driver added to CUPS

Just got an HP OfficeJet L7680 printer but there are no drivers for it in RHEL5. I just want to add the single driver without installing hplip 3.9.8. It's going to be connected with USB. Is this possible and if so how? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

4. Solaris

su: No shell/No directory! if sys is added to a users secondary group

Hi, When I include a user to the secondary group "sys" GID=3 in Solaris 9 OS I'm not able to login. I get these error. The user home directory and the shell exists. Is this because of any security hardening. # su - agent No directory! # su agent su: No shell # grep taddm /etc/passwd... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: agent001
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Merge a group of lines into single line

Hi Everybody, Below are the contents of the a text file .., SN = 8 MSI = 405027002277133 IKVALUE = DE6AA6A11D42B69DF6398D44B17BC6F2 K4SNO = 2 CARDTYPE = SIM ALG = COMP128_3 SN = 8 MSI = 405027002546734 IKVALUE = 1D9F8BAA73973D8FBF8CBFB01436D822 K4SNO = 2 CARDTYPE = SIM ALG =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth_babu
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Why this message came when i added user in group?

Hi all, When I added one user in in this group hhs_gl6 following message got generated. -bash-3.00$ /usr/local/bin/sudo /usr/sbin/usermod -G hhs_gl6 vivek UX: /usr/sbin/usermod: hhs_gl6 name should be all lower case or numeric. However when I cheked the user in /etc/group file, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

User is a Part of a Group But Group Details Do Not Show the User

Hi, In the following output you can see the the user "richard" is a member on the team/group "developers": # id richard uid=10247(richard) gid=100361(developers) groups=100361(developers),10053(testers) but in the following details of the said group (developers), the said user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: indiansoil
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to find when a user is added in Linux host?

Is there a way/command/script to find when a user is added in linux host? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

9. Programming

Sql ORA-00937: not a single-group group function

I'm trying to return only one row with the highest value for PCT_MAX_USED. Any suggestions? When I add this code, I get the ORA-00937 error. trunc(max(decode( kbytes_max, 0, 0, (kbytes_alloc/kbytes_max)*100))) pct_max_used This is the original and returns all rows. select (select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
3 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Account added to group

Hi , Is there a way to find out when an account was added to a group in Windows 2003?Could you please tell me how to find that? Regards, Maddy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
1 Replies
Ns_Url(3aolserver)					   AOLserver Library Procedures 					Ns_Url(3aolserver)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Ns_AbsoluteUrl, Ns_ParseUrl, Ns_RelativeUrl, Ns_SkipUrl - URL manipulation routines SYNOPSIS
#include "ns.h" int Ns_AbsoluteUrl(Ns_DString *pds, char *url, char *baseurl) int Ns_ParseUrl(char *url, char **pprotocol, char **phost, char **pport, char **ppath, char **ptail) char * Ns_RelativeUrl(char *url, char *location) char * Ns_SkipUrl(Ns_Request *request, int n) _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Ns_AbsoluteUrl(pds, url, baseurl) Construct an URL based on baseurl but with as many parts of the incomplete url as possible. Return NS_OK or NS_ERROR. Ns_ParseUrl(url, pprotocol, phost, pport, ppath, ptail) Parse a URL into its component parts. Pointers to the protocol, host, port, path, and "tail" (last path element) will be set by ref- erence in the passed-in pointers. The passed-in url will be modified. Ns_RelativeUrl(url, location) If the url passed in is for this server, then the initial part of the URL is stripped off. e.g., on a server whose location is http://www.foo.com, Ns_RelativeUrl of "http://www.foo.com/hello" will return "/hello". Returns a pointer to the beginning of the relative url in the passed-in url, or NULL if error. Will set errno on error. Ns_SkipUrl(request, n) Return a pointer n elements into the request's url. SEE ALSO
nsd(1), info(n) KEYWORDS
AOLserver 4.0 Ns_Url(3aolserver)