Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem if parameter has space in it using loop Post 302325601 by ahmad.diab on Monday 15th of June 2009 04:35:11 PM
Old 06-15-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfajohnson

Code:
for cmdopts in "$@";do

Code:
also for cmdopts in "$*";do will work for the reason I said in previous quote
which is using "" in a var is necessary if there is spaces in this variable.
BR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the counter of a for loop in command line parameter

Say I have (in psuedocode) For i=1 to 10 tar cvfb /... 5*i /junk(i) end What I mean is that I want each successive for loop to have the block size parameter be 5 times the current counter. This isn't my actual code, just a stupid example...So the question is how do I descrive that parameter... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeriryan87
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Parameter containing space in between to Shell Script

Hi, I have one shell script which use two parameter however one of its parameter have space in between. eg. a.sh 20110114 b c d here b c d is one parameter I used 'b c d' but its not giving correct result. Also i tried b\c\d but this one also didnt work. Any help would be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep for a backslash as for loop parameter

Hello everyone, My main objective is to search for text within a file, namely a block of text where each line ends with a backslash "\". However, the block must begin with a keyword, like "loginstring". Here is an example of a file that contains a block: ############### loginstring \... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: idlechatter
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk and space in the parameter

Hi, Could you please tell me how nawk command works when there is a asterisk <*> or space with asterisk < *> or <* > in the parameter. I am just trying to read line by line and fetch fourth parameter separated by delimiter (|). But if there is a * or < *> or <* > in the fourth parameter it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dot operator and space, Parameter not set

Hi, i have this script setenv.sh if then echo "is empty" fi echo "done" The following is the result when i run the script from command without and with a dot and space operator $ setenv.sh is empty done $ . setenv.sh sh: VAR_1: Parameter not set. $ It's our standard to run... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting foreach to read a parameter with blank space

my program is designed to take the first parameters as extension, then the rest of the parameters as files to be searched for and, if found, modified by the extension. If not found, it prints an error. Everything is great until: ./chExt.sh 'com' 'king cobra.dat' where $file splits up the two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: username652719
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pwd with space paths but on the parameter don't work

hi, i'm finding to solve on the parameter: for example: directory Value 1 root@value 1 > pwd /home/user/root/value 1 root@value 1 > pwd | sed 's/ /\\ /g' /home/user/root/value\ 1 root@value 1 > test="$(pwd | sed 's/ /\\ /g')" root@value 1 > echo "$test" /home/user/root/value\ 1 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsflash80
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop over awk or passing parameter

I wrote this script which works well when I manually input 55518622 and 1 but I need this script to be generic and loop over the following table awk '$4>(55518622-500000) && $4<(55518622+500000)' chr1_GEN2bim | awk 'BEGIN {min=1000000000; max=0;}; {\ if($4<min && $4 != "") min = $4; if($4>max... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fat
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help on for loop with a parameter

Hi, need help to pass an paremeter to for loop script $cat tp.ksh for i in `grep $1 | cut -d "/" -f 5 | cut -d" " -f2` do fgrep $i $1 | grep 'with value' | cut -d "|" -f 2 done $tp.ksh test_data.plan_49989_2015-05-01-00-13-38.log command doesnot return the values. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAHinka
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass function parameter to do loop?

Hi All, I have created one function for KSH and was running well with one parameter input since I just had to use $1 to get the parameter. Now I want to do loop for each parameter(actually filenames) . I have try to use do loop, but $i does not resolve to parameter instead it resolves to 1,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mysocks
5 Replies
QRENCODE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       QRENCODE(1)

NAME
qrencode - Encode input data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. SYNOPSIS
qrencode [OPTION]... [STRING] DESCRIPTION
Libqrencode is a library for encoding data in a QR Code symbol, a kind of 2D symbology that can be scanned by handy terminals such as a mobile phone with CCD. The capacity of QR Code is up to 7000 digits or 4000 characters, and has high robustness. Qrencode is a utility software using libqrencode to encode string data in a QR Code and save as a PNG or EPS image. OPTIONS
-h, --help display help message. -o FILENAME, --output=FILENAME write image to FILENAME. If '-' is specified, the result will be output to standard output. If -S is given, structured symbols are written to FILENAME-01.png, FILENAME-02.png, ... (suffix is removed from FILENAME, if specified) -s NUMBER, --size=NUMBER specify the size of dot (pixel). (default=3) -l {LMQH}, --level={LMQH} specify error collectin level from L (lowest) to H (highest). (default=L) -v NUMBER, --symversion=NUMBER specify the version of the symbol. (default=auto) -m NUMBER, --margin=NUMBER specify the width of margin. (default=4) -d NUMBER, --dpi=NUMBER specify the DPI of the generated PNG. (default=72) -t {PNG,EPS,SVG,ANSI,ANSI256,ASCII,ASCIIi,UTF8,ANSIUTF8} --type={PNG,EPS,SVG,ANSI,ANSI256,ASCII,ASCIIi,UTF8,ANSIUTF8} specify the type of the generated image. (default=PNG) -S, --structured make structured symbols. Version must be specified. -k, --kanji assume that the input text contains kanji (shift-jis). -c, --casesensitive encode lower-case alphabet characters in 8-bit mode. (default) -i, --ignorecase ignore case distinctions and use only upper-case characters. -8, --8bit encode entire data in 8-bit mode. -k, -c and -i will be ignored. -M, --micro encode in a Micro QR Code. (experimental) --foreground=RRGGBB[AA] --background=RRGGBB[AA] specify foreground/background color in hexadecimal notation. 6-digit (RGB) or 8-digit (RGBA) form are supported. Color output sup- port available only in PNG and SVG. -V, --version display the version number and copyrights of the qrencode. [STRING] input data. If it is not specified, data will be taken from standard input. EXAMPLES
qrencode -l L -v 1 -o output.png 'Hello, world!' encode into a symbol version 1, level L. qrencode -iSv 1 --output=output.png read standard input and encode it into a structured-appended symbols in case-insensitive mode. AUTHOR
Written by Kentaro Fukuchi. RESOURCES
Main Web Site: http://fukuchi.org/works/qrencode/ Source code repository: https://github.com/fukuchi/libqrencode/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2012 Kentaro Fukuchi. qrencode 3.4.1 Oct. 9, 2012 QRENCODE(1)