Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Change file permission by anothere user ! Post 302325381 by ITHelper on Monday 15th of June 2009 03:30:13 AM
Old 06-15-2009
What about Umask option ?

I think this option will let the permission change of the file be allowed for everyone in the same group .

Do you have any idea about it and how it's work ?
ITHelper

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timestamp of File permission change

Hi!! Experts, Is there any way to find the timestamp when the permission of a file was modified?? I mean no change to file contents.. Just the chnage of permissions. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jyotipg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to change the default permission of a file

I am creating a file using the UTL_FILE command of oracle. This creates a file with the oracle user id. The file does not have permission for being read by any other user id. Is there a way that I can change this default permission. I tried using umask in the .login. Setting the umask to 022 works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsamir
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How the /etc/passwd file is written when user does not have permission

Hi, /etc/passwd file has write permission only for the root user. Now when a normal user changes the its own password using passwd command, how this information has been written to the /etc/passwd file when the user is not having write permission to this file. ~santosh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh149
2 Replies

4. Solaris

cant able to change permission in a DIR as root user

Hi my directory not accepting any commands. its simply telling permission denied. i tried ( cp, mv, rm ) as roor i want to set default permissons to this DIR please find the Logs below. dr-xr-xr-x 1 root root 1 Jun 1 09:04 AP1_ROP ( original dir) root> chmod 777... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijayq8
5 Replies

5. AIX

Permission to a external user to a file

Is there any possible way to give permission to a user to a file whose not a member of that group. Also the permission of the file shouls be given only to that USER but not all OTHERS. Thanks in Advance for ur replies/suggestions... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksailesh
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the file permission

Guys, I need help. I need to change the .txt file permission after I have reset the file content to 0. The code that reset the file content to 0 is as follows: #!/bin/sh for i in /root/script/*.txt do echo "0" > $i done However, the file is generated by the apache application,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jasperux
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change unix permission when I don't own the file

Hi, A file is transferred from a Windows server(say username : user1) to Unix server via ftp. In unix, the permission of the file for a user, say user2 will be "-rw-r-----". Since the user1 is the owner of the file, user2 is not able to change the file permission using chmod. Is there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: merin
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change permission on a file recursively

Hi, this is the structure of the directory /local/home/app/cases under cases directory, below are the sub directories and each directory has files. /local/home/app/cases/1 /local/home/app/cases/2 /local/home/app/cases/3 /local/home/app/cases/4 File types are .txt .sh and so... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file permission of mounted drive Linux

I got a problem with the permission of mounted 2TB drive in my Linux/Mint system. All the files in any folder are with 777, which is not what I want. my fstab line for this disk is: UUID=90803E0C803DF974 /media/grape/Workspace1_ntfs ntfs auto,users,permissions 0 0 and blkid gave me: $> blkid ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to create file permission change restriction

Hello, I am looking for a UNIX shell script which can help me for access restriction. 1) /home/ram, there are number file with .txt extension, which should be only owned "ram" user. like as below ls -lrt *.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 11 Jan 4 2015 PASS1.txt -rwx------ 1 ram dba 10 Jan 4... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.trilok
8 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)