Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting error "test: [-d: unary operator expected" very confused. Post 302325285 by orionrush on Sunday 14th of June 2009 10:27:10 AM
Old 06-14-2009
Thank you so much

ahmad.diab, radoulov

I'm deeply appreciative of your help
I've it working now. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"test: argument expected" error

Hi, No need to say I'm new to unix shell scripting. I have a very simple script that goes this way: for datos in `ls -rt $UNXLOG/26-Jan*` do export arch=`echo $datos |cut -d, -f1` if then export linea1=`grep Debut ${arch}` export horatot=`echo $linea1 |cut -d' ' -f5` ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvalonso
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unary operator expected error

Hi I am doing a script like if then echo "table name dosent exist" exit fi the problem is if $table_name is null then i am getting the error Please help me Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk returning "[: ==: unary operator expected"

Hi All, I am new to shell scripting and right now I am just limited to using the pre-written scripts. I am in to Infrastructure management where we use different scripts to get the information passed on to the monitoring tools. I am trying to use this script to get the information about the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theamrit
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected

hi i am trying to compare a value with value 50. but i am getting " I am using if then echo "------------" fi please help thanks in advance Satya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if returns "unknown test operator"

Greetings, using ksh on Solaris, I am trying to identify the current version of a package installed on multiple servers using if statement in a precursor to upgrading. I have searched the forums and have found many hits, reviewed 3 pages and have tried the different variations noted there. Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error : -ne: unary operator expected

find . -name "*.*"|xargs grep WT:DBF_WL>> $F Wfexist=`cat $F|grep $i` echo $Wfexist if ; then echo $Wfexist echo "Workflow Exist" else touch $O chmod 777 $O echo $Wfexist echo $WfExist >> $O fi I am getting the error that -ne: unary operator expected in the line with red... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritu.s
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[: =: unary operator expected error

Why am I getting this error.... #!/bin/sh # iOS-Ad-Remover # Marshall Ford @ marshallbford@gmail.com # This project is hosted @ http://ios-ad- # remover.sourceforge.net # Under the GNU GPL open source license clear echo if ; then echo "You need to be root to run this script."; exit 0; #... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbf123
24 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[: -gt: unary operator expected

Hi I have problem with my script. I dont now why but i don't change anything and script stop working. this is my code: #!/bin/sh for i in `ps -A | grep pocron.sh | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` do COUNT=$((COUNT+1)) done ostatnie_wykonanie=`cat porader.log`... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fotex
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

unary operator expected, if condition test error.

Hi All, I'm assigning a numeric value to variable count=2, well its being assigned by code above the if condition. I want to test for 2 conditions , when $count = 0 or $count <=2 and do something when the condition matches. here is my code, but i run into the infamous : if ] then ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unary operator expected

In all my Googling, this usually happens when someone is comparing a variable, and that variable is unset. That doesn't appear to be the case for me... #!/bin/bash -x while read line do f=$(echo $line | tr -s ' ' | cut -d' ' -f 3) echo $f if then echo "This... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies
SVN_UPDATE(3)								 1							     SVN_UPDATE(3)

svn_update - Update working copy

SYNOPSIS
int svn_update (string $path, [int $revno = SVN_REVISION_HEAD], [bool $recurse = true]) DESCRIPTION
Update working copy at $path to revision $revno. If $recurse is true, directories will be recursively updated. PARAMETERS
o $path - Path to local working copy. Note Relative paths will be resolved as if the current working directory was the one that contains the PHP binary. To use the calling script's working directory, use realpath(3) or dirname(__FILE__). o $revno - Revision number to update to, default is SVN_REVISION_HEAD. o $recurse - Whether or not to recursively update directories. RETURN VALUES
Returns new revision number on success, returns FALSE on failure. NOTES
Warning This function is EXPERIMENTAL. The behaviour of this function, its name, and surrounding documentation may change without notice in a future release of PHP. This function should be used at your own risk. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Basic example This example demonstrates basic usage of this function: <?php echo svn_update(realpath('working-copy')); ?> The above example will output something similar to: 234 SEE ALSO
svn_checkout(3), svn_commit(3), SVN documentation for svn update. PHP Documentation Group SVN_UPDATE(3)