Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Can't Mount Disk / Image after bad unmount Post 302325221 by Cranie on Saturday 13th of June 2009 06:19:48 PM
Old 06-13-2009
Think I've sorted it. MagicISO, Crossover.. unfortunately Windows to the rescue.. :-(

Is there a MagicISO equivalent for OSX?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

2. Gentoo

automating chroot and mount/unmount

Hello, I am trying to automate a task that I believe is easy. It is documented for manual system administrative purposes here: Gentoo Linux -- Installing the Gentoo Base System - chapter 6 I am attempting to do the following in a script: # cd $TOP_OF_ROOT_FS # mount -t proc none... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duderonomy
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

/usr out of disk space need to unmount/ expand volume /mount

Greetings, I am running HP-UX 10.2 and /usr is out of disk space already. I installed IE 5.0 for UNIX on my machine under /usr and browsed the Internet for a while and presto no more disk space. I have plenty of hard disk space on my computer so would like to expand the size of the volume. The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dirk_
5 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

When a disk won't 'Unmount"

hdiutil detach -Force disk&number (ex:hdiutil detach -Force disk1) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimachead
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

if (disk is mounted) unmount if (disk is unmounted) mount

Hey there, sorry if this is a bit too much of a noob question, trying to get to grips with a simple bash script - but i have done ZERO bash scripting. basically having worked out how to mount and unmount disks using: disktool -m *device* & disktool -e *device* - and looking at the result of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hollister
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cygwin bash script to unmount and mount an XP partition

As stated, I am looking into keeping my backup drive unmounted in normal windows use. Partly this is to address threats like cryptolocker. Since one of my backup drives is an internal drive, it will not likely afford any protection from such a threat. I am thinking of adding code to my rsync script... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unmount and mount by UUID

Hi, Need a bit of help on this one as I am a scripting noob. I have a linux based NAS that mounts USB hard drives in an inconsistent location and to make matters worse, seems to lose the mount for an unknown reason and doesn't remount automatically unless the drive is removed and re-inserted.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gtr33m
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Force unmount of a SWAP filesystem left over from bad Live Upgrade

Hello, Long story short, we built an alternate boot env. back in July and applied the latest CPU to about 15 servers. Of the 15 servers, 7 servers failed to start the zones after the luactivate / reboot. The zones failed to rename from <zone>-<boot_env> back to <zone>. This is fixed in patch... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegeek
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX - SAN Mount and Unmount on LPAR

We have 2 LPAR. LPAR #1 have a Application, Database Server process (ctree Server) and SAN+Physical Table. LPAR#2 has only Application. Both Application process are connected to Database via C-tree Server Process (Running on LPAR #1.. We want to keep one Active C-tree Server and one Backup... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies
mount_cdfs(1M)															    mount_cdfs(1M)

NAME
mount_cdfs: mount, umount - mount and unmount CDFS file systems SYNOPSIS
specific_options] {special|Imagefile|directory} specific_options] {special|Imagefile} directory {special|directory} DESCRIPTION
The command mounts file systems. Only a superuser can mount file systems. Other users can use to list mounted file systems. The command attaches special, a removable file system, to directory, a directory on the file tree. directory, which must already exist, will become the name of the root of the newly mounted file system. special or Imagefile and directory must be given as absolute path names. If either special or Imagefile or directory is omitted, attempts to determine the missing value from an entry in the file. can be invoked on any removable file system, except If the product is installed, then the command supports mounting a valid ISO Image file. If is invoked without any arguments, it lists all of the mounted file systems from the file system mount table, The command unmounts mounted file systems. Only a superuser can unmount file systems. Options (mount) recognizes the following options: Attempt to mount all file systems described in All optional fields in must be included and supported. If is specified, all CDFS file systems in are mounted. If is specified in an entry's option list, this entry is skipped. File systems are not necessarily mounted in the order listed in Verbose mode. Write a message to standard output indicating which file system is being mounted. Specify the CDFS file system type (see fstyp(1M)). Limit actions to local file systems only. Specify options specific to the CDFS file system type. specific_options is a list of comma separated suboptions and/or keyword/attribute pairs intended for the CDFS specific module of the command. The following specific_options are valid on CDFS file systems. Suppress the display of version numbers. Show and match file names as lower case. Use Rock Ridge extension to the ISO-9660 file system (default). Do not use Rock Ridge extension to the ISO-9660 file system. Use all default options. When given, this must be the only option specified. Mount read-only (default). Allow set-user-ID execution (default). Do not allow set-user-ID execution. Report the list of mounted file systems in the format. If the product is installed, mounted ISO Image files are reported using a pseudo device. Please ignore these lines as they are not usable in the file. Prevent the display of error messages resulting from an attempt to mount already mounted file systems. Mount the specified file system as read-only. This option is equivalent to the specific_option. For CDFS file systems this is a default option. Report the regular output with file system type and flags; however, directory and special fields are reversed. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. Options (umount) recognizes the following options: Attempt to unmount all file systems described in All optional fields in must be included and supported. If is specified, all CDFS file systems in are unmounted. File systems are not necessarily unmounted in the order listed in Specify the CDFS file system type (see fstyp(1M)). Verbose mode. Write a message to standard output indicating which file system is being unmounted. Echo the completed command line, but performs no other action. The command line is generated by incorporating the user-specified options and other information derived from This option allows the user to verify the command line. DIAGNOSTICS
complains if the special file is not mounted or if it is busy. The file system is busy if it contains an open file or some logged-in user's working directory. EXAMPLES
Mount a local CDFS disk: Mount a valid ISO Image file: Unmount a local CDFS disk: WARNINGS
Some degree of validation is done on the file system, however, it is generally unwise to mount file systems that are defective, corrupt, or of unknown origin. AUTHOR
was developed by HP, AT&T, the University of California, Berkeley, and Sun Microsystems. FILES
Static information about the file systems Mounted file system table SEE ALSO
fsclean(1M), mount(1M), quotaon(1M), mount(2), fstab(4), mnttab(4), fs_wrapper(5), quota(5), disk(7). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
mount_cdfs(1M)