Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Set vars (by reference) in function Post 302325190 by gio001 on Saturday 13th of June 2009 12:39:12 PM
Old 06-13-2009
Is this only good for ksh93 or was it already ok for ksh88 ?
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Keeping vars set in while loop with redirection

Under IRIX 6.5, the Bourne shell is named /bin/bsh. I need to redirect output into a file reading loop, and retain values set within the loop based on processing that goes on within the loop for later processing. This code #!/bin/bsh k=1 cat file | while read k ; do echo "$k" done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: criglerj
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to set a label/number for a function in a shells script

Can any one let me know like how cn i set an label or number for each function whihc are there in an shells script: for example cd /opt/qcom/test/ function1() function2() function3() ------- i ahe a script like this .now i want to count each of this function like 1, 2, 3,............... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitka
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set lines of in a file to seperate vars

In a bash script, I'm looking for a way to set each matching line of a file into its own variable, or variable array. As an example, i have a crontab file with several entries: 00 23 * * * /usr/local/bin/msqlupdate -all 00 11 * * * /usr/local/bin/msqlupdate -inc 00 03 * * *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lochraven
2 Replies

4. Programming

undefined reference to 'function'

Hi, i want to compile a code where fortran calls c . First I compiled C module ,it has pass by gcc. However, after generating .o file. I compiled C and fortran files together by intel fortran and it failed " undefined reference to 'vicerror'". vicerror is a function. I do not know why. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: austinhsu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I am new to PHP and UNIX. I am using Apache to do my testing on a Windows Vista machine. I am getting this error when I am trying to connect to a web service. I did a search and did not see any posts that pertain to this. Here is my function: <?php function TRECSend($a, $b, $c, $d,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: EddiRae
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set/Export Env Vars from with Shell Script With Input Variable

I have a shell script I want to run that will set environment variables based on the value of an input variable submitted when the shell script is called. For example: $ mgenv.sh prod This would set environment variables for prod $ mgenv.sh test This would set environment variables... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brtaylor73
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

set -o noglob in a function

I don't understand noglob. I have a function: function no_globb () { set -o noglob echo "$1" set +o noglob echo "$@" } When I run the function like this noglobb *.txt The ouput is: file01.txt file01.txt file02.txt file03.txt Shouldn't it be *.txt file01.txt file02.txt file03.txt (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AlphaLexman
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl de-reference code reference variable

Guys, May i know how can we de reference the code reference variable.? my $a = sub{$a=shift;$b=shift;print "SUM:",($a+$b),"\n";}; print $a->(4,5); How can we print the whole function ? Please suggest me regarding this. Thanks for your time :) Cheers, Ranga :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

set oracle variable in function

Hi, I have a function that is suposed to generate a AWR report: #-----------------------# gen_awr() #-----------------------# { sqlplus -s admin/admin@OCEAN11<<ENDOFSQL define num_days = '' define report_type = "html" define begin_snap =$snap1 define end_snap =%snap2 define... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitlib
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing vars or params to function

How to pass the getopts processed variable "${@}" to a function? It contains a list of package names needed in various functions. Seems the issue I have is due to the order of the script, with the processed "${@}" falling after the unprossed "${@}". I've been manually parsing options in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cody Learner
3 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitStringyEUser3Contributed Perl DocumePerl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitStringyEval(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitStringyEval - Write "eval { my $foo; bar($foo) }" instead of "eval "my $foo; bar($foo);"". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
The string form of "eval" is recompiled every time it is executed, whereas the block form is only compiled once. Also, the string form doesn't give compile-time warnings. eval "print $foo"; # not ok eval {print $foo}; # ok CONFIGURATION
There is an "allow_includes" boolean option for this Policy. If set, then strings that look like they only include a single "use" or "require" statement (with the possible following statement that consists of a single number) are allowed. With this option set, the following are flagged as indicated: eval 'use Foo'; # ok eval 'require Foo'; # ok eval "use $thingy;"; # ok eval "require $thingy;"; # ok eval "use $thingy; 1;"; # ok eval "require $thingy; 1;"; # ok eval 'use Foo; blah;'; # still not ok eval 'require Foo; 2; 1;'; # still not ok eval 'use $thingy;'; # still not ok eval 'no Foo'; # still not ok If you don't understand why the number is allowed, see Perl::Critic::Policy::ErrorHandling::RequireCheckingReturnValueOfEval. This option inspired by Ricardo SIGNES' Perl::Critic::Policy::Lax::ProhibitStringyEval::ExceptForRequire. SEE ALSO
Perl::Critic::Policy::ControlStrucutres::RequireBlockGrep Perl::Critic::Policy::ControlStrucutres::RequireBlockMap AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitStringyEval(3)