Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX how could I get a process Memory Usage Post 302324599 by mani_c on Thursday 11th of June 2009 07:35:44 AM
Old 06-11-2009
how about using top command.
hpux>top

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to restrict memory usage by a process

we are running red hat ES4 and i would like to know if there is anyway of restrcting the maximum amount of memory that a process can get? I have a single preocess that is taking >13GB. Thanks, Frank (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

2. Solaris

RAM Physical Memory usage by each Process.

Hi All, I am trying to find the physical memory usage by each process/users. Can you please let me know how to get the memory usage?. Thanks, bsraj. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsrajirs
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Memory usage of a process

hi all, i want to write a script that checks the memory usage of processes and send a mail with the name of the process witch is using more then 300mb RAM. dose anybody have a sample script or an idea how i can make it ? PROCCESSES="snmpd sendmail" for myVar in $PROCCESSES do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tafil
7 Replies

4. AIX

How to trace cpu/memory usage for a process

I don't know when the process will start and end, I need write a script to trace it's cpu/memory usage when it is runing. How to write this script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
2 Replies

5. Programming

Memory usage of a process having shared libraries

Hi, I have the following two processes that's built with static libraries. Both the process have many common libraries. -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 152946280 Oct 15 08:38 server1 -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 41633880 Oct 15 08:39 server2. I built these two server processes making all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivatsan_vn
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Memory usage of a process having shared libraries

Hi, I have the following two processes that's built with static libraries. Both the process have many common libraries. -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 152946280 Oct 15 08:38 server1 -rwxr-xr-x 1 xxx xxx 41633880 Oct 15 08:39 server2. I built these two server processes making all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srivatsan_vn
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

collecting memory usage by a process

Hi Guys, I work on a AIX environment and I'm trying to write a script where I can collect all the memory used by a process. Basically I'm executing the command 'ps -fu userid' to get all the process ids and then executing the 'ps v PID' to get all the memory allocated by PPID. My question is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
2 Replies

8. HP-UX

Virtual Memory Usage a Process

Hi all, Is there any command which shows the virtual memory usage of a particular process in HP-UX machine. I have tried with ps, top but could not get what I want. Kindly provide me a solution. Thanks in Advance ARD (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ard
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Process memory usage

hi all gurus: I want to find out Solaris process memory usage, but got a bit confused, see if any one can provide me some guidance. i tend to use prstat -a to get total memory consumption by user (I know prstat likely have a bug that simply sum up the memory, regardless if the memory being... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oakville
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Find memory usage for a process

I have multiple oracle databases on one server. All the database are running from the same user i.e. oraent. The process for each database can be distinguished by the ps -ef command Eg : ps -ef | grep oraentThe Output : oraent 5361 1 0 20:58:05 ? 0:00 oracledb1... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: yashreads
11 Replies
mlockall(2)							System Calls Manual						       mlockall(2)

NAME
mlockall() - lock a process virtual address space in memory SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The system call allows the calling process to lock its entire virtual address space into memory, making it immune to all routine swapping. flags may be one or both of the following: Lock the current process virtual address space. All addressable pages of the address space are locked. Lock any future additions to the process virtual address space. Note that does not imply or can be used to unlock all or a portion of the address space locked with A single call to removes all locks from the process virtual address space. An call results in only the specified pages being unlocked. Regardless of how many times a process locks a page, a single or will unlock it. When memory is shared by multiple processes and mlocks are applied to the same physical page by multiple processes, a page remains locked until the last lock is removed from that page. Locks and applied with are not inherited by a child process. The user must have the privilege. Although and the family of functions may be used together in an application, each may affect the other in unexpected ways. This practice is not recommended. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Successful completion. Failure. The requested operation is not performed. is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
If fails, is set to one of the following values: The flags field did not contain either and/or There is not enough lockable memory in the system to satisfy the locking request. The user does not have the privilege. EXAMPLES
The following call to locks the entire process virtual address space in memory and ensures that any future additions to the address space will also be locked in memory: SEE ALSO
setprivgrp(1M), getprivgrp(2), mlock(2), munlock(2), munlockall(2), plock(2), privileges(5). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
mlockall(2)