Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problems during booting from mirror disk Post 302324529 by jegaraman on Thursday 11th of June 2009 03:33:37 AM
Old 06-11-2009
Hi Duke

It is mirrored like this

Code:
# metastat -c
d20              m  2.0GB d21
    d21          s  2.0GB c1t0d0s1
d10              m  134GB d11
    d11          s  134GB c1t0d0s0
d22              s  2.0GB c1t1d0s1
d12              s  134GB c1t1d0s0
#

I have detached

metadetach d10 d12
metadetach d20 d22

Not it is not booting from mirror.

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 06-11-2009 at 04:49 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP UX Disk Mirror

Being somewhat extremely new to Unix, I have just had a system crash One of my Volume Groups has crashed However, this Volume Group is actually mirrored How do I switch to use the mirrored copy? Any assistance greatly appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobdeng
1 Replies

2. Linux

Problems booting RH 8

I installed RH8 on Thinkpad R51. The install went smooth, but when I tried to boot, it hanged at: PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on Pci bus 00 device f9, VID=8086, ID=24ca PCI: Device 00:1f.1 not available because of resource collisions. PCI_IDE: (ide_setup_pci_device:) could not enable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having booting problems

I booted up my SUSE ver 10.1 linux box today. Went to the DOS-type login. Failed to display KDE. I understand this has something to do with levels. But how do I change the default? I know zero about Vi (and don't need to learn it). How do I get the system to boot to KDE again? Best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dickbash
5 Replies

4. Solaris

zfs mirror disk

Is it possible to create a Mirror with zfs ?? I'm experimented user with Solstice Disk suite. Or Sun Volume manager or veritas volume manager. But, i would like switch from Disksuite to Zfs. All my mirrored disks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simquest
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10: Problems booting off mirror drive -- Error 22: No such partition

Solaris 10 5/08 on Ultra 40 M2 It boots fine off primary disk but having issues booting off the mirror disk. I get this error when booting off mirror disk: Booting 'Solaris 10 ... Mirror disk' root (hd1,0,a) Error 22: No such partition Press any key to continue... Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
7 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems with booting

Hi, I've just installed Centos 5.3 x86_64 into a CPU. I've done a yum update to update the version to Centos 5.4. I then installed mysql, php, apache and phpmyadmin into the system. After the installation of phpmyadmin the screen suddenly goes blank, but the monitor is still on, and the cpu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Mirror the root disk

Hi all I wish to mirror for the root disk, but last time i do, make the server cannot boot up. :p So this time, hope you guys can assist me on it. =) At the last code, is the step i wish to do. Please help to check and correct me if got any wrong. root@leo # format </dev/null Searching for... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
17 Replies

8. Solaris

Second Mirror is not booting !

zpool status -v below my mirrors in Solaris 10 config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool ONLINE 0 0 0 mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0 c3t0d0s0 ONLINE 0 0 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
2 Replies

9. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

10. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies
volrootmir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volrootmir(8)

NAME
volrootmir - Mirror areas necessary for booting to a new disk SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volrootmir [-a] [nconfig=count] target_disk [swap=target_partition] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be mirrored, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. DESCRIPTION
The volrootmir script causes a mirror copy of areas of the root disk involved in booting to be made on the specified target disk. When used without the -a option, volrootmir adds mirrors of the root and swap volumes and allocates them on the new disk. In addition, all disk regions required for booting are set up and partitions for the new volume mirrors are created. When used with the -a option, volrootmir mirrors all in-use partitions on the system disk. To mirror a swap volume that is on a separate disk from the root volume, the swap attribute must be used to specify a separate target for the swap mirror. The target disk(s) must be at least as large as the sum of the sizes of rootvol and swapvol. Also, the physical disk should not have any disk partition in use. This script can be called from the voldiskadm menus by choosing the Mirror volumes on a disk operation. ATTRIBUTES
Specifies the number of log copies and copies of the configuration database, for example, nconfig=2. Specifies that the swap volume, swapvol, be mirrored on a separate disk, as specified by target_partition. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors the rootvol and swapvol volumes onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a differ- ent disk from rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol, swapvol, and any other volumes on the root disk onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a different disk from rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol on disk dsk3, swapvol onto partition dsk7d, and any other volumes on the root disk onto disk dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 swap=dsk7d The following command mirrors rootvol onto disk dsk3 and swapvol onto partition dsk7d. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 swap=dsk7d SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8) volrootmir(8)