Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problems during booting from mirror disk Post 302324524 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 11th of June 2009 03:11:35 AM
Old 06-11-2009
is it sparc or x86 solaris?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP UX Disk Mirror

Being somewhat extremely new to Unix, I have just had a system crash One of my Volume Groups has crashed However, this Volume Group is actually mirrored How do I switch to use the mirrored copy? Any assistance greatly appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cobdeng
1 Replies

2. Linux

Problems booting RH 8

I installed RH8 on Thinkpad R51. The install went smooth, but when I tried to boot, it hanged at: PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on Pci bus 00 device f9, VID=8086, ID=24ca PCI: Device 00:1f.1 not available because of resource collisions. PCI_IDE: (ide_setup_pci_device:) could not enable... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having booting problems

I booted up my SUSE ver 10.1 linux box today. Went to the DOS-type login. Failed to display KDE. I understand this has something to do with levels. But how do I change the default? I know zero about Vi (and don't need to learn it). How do I get the system to boot to KDE again? Best... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dickbash
5 Replies

4. Solaris

zfs mirror disk

Is it possible to create a Mirror with zfs ?? I'm experimented user with Solstice Disk suite. Or Sun Volume manager or veritas volume manager. But, i would like switch from Disksuite to Zfs. All my mirrored disks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simquest
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10: Problems booting off mirror drive -- Error 22: No such partition

Solaris 10 5/08 on Ultra 40 M2 It boots fine off primary disk but having issues booting off the mirror disk. I get this error when booting off mirror disk: Booting 'Solaris 10 ... Mirror disk' root (hd1,0,a) Error 22: No such partition Press any key to continue... Any... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: etc
7 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problems with booting

Hi, I've just installed Centos 5.3 x86_64 into a CPU. I've done a yum update to update the version to Centos 5.4. I then installed mysql, php, apache and phpmyadmin into the system. After the installation of phpmyadmin the screen suddenly goes blank, but the monitor is still on, and the cpu... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Mirror the root disk

Hi all I wish to mirror for the root disk, but last time i do, make the server cannot boot up. :p So this time, hope you guys can assist me on it. =) At the last code, is the step i wish to do. Please help to check and correct me if got any wrong. root@leo # format </dev/null Searching for... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
17 Replies

8. Solaris

Second Mirror is not booting !

zpool status -v below my mirrors in Solaris 10 config: NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM rpool ONLINE 0 0 0 mirror-0 ONLINE 0 0 0 c3t0d0s0 ONLINE 0 0 0 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: top.level
2 Replies

9. AIX

Clone or mirror your AIX OS larger disk to smaller disk ?

hello folks, I have a 300GB ROOTVG volume groups with one filesystem /backup having 200GB allocated space Now, I cannot alt disk clone or mirrorvg this hdisk with another smaller disk. The disk size has to be 300GB; I tried alt disk clone and mirrorvg , it doesn't work. you cannot copy LVs as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
9 Replies

10. HP-UX

What is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ?

what is the difference between DRD and Root Mirror Disk using LVM mirror ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxim42
3 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)