Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stupid issue with number comparison Post 302324480 by rakeshawasthi on Wednesday 10th of June 2009 11:54:03 PM
Old 06-11-2009
let me give it one more try
you are using bash shell. try this...
Code:
#!/bin/bash
num=1
if [ $num -lt 97 ];
then
echo do something
fi

it is working for me.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

random number logic -- issue

I use standard C random number generation logic in my application. long nCounter; long lRndNo; char rand; srand48(nCounter); lRndNo = lrand48(); sprintf(rand,"%010.10d",lRndNo); However we always find that the rand generated starts with '0','1' or '2'. I could not logically prove if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asutoshch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Strange Number comparison issue

Hi, I am comparing two numbers, but it gives strange results: My Code: if then echo "True" else echo "False" fi This code gives False for the follwoing comparison where as True for the following: Any reason for this? Both Should have given False... I am using... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shihabvk
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with String Comparison (if)

Hi, I was trying to do a string comparison using if. However, the comparison result is getting treated as a executable statement. I'm not sure where I'm making the mistake! $ typeset TEST_VAR='YUP' $ if ; then echo 'Got It!'; fi; ksh: : not found. Any help is appreciated! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: waterdrop
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparison of number in linux..

hi all experts, i=1; while do echo $i $i=$i+1 done can I use min=2 max=5 if (($min > $ max)) then else (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hamnsan
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with files comparison, help me with a logic

Can someone please help me with a unix logic for below. I tried to get the desired output by using change capture condition in Datastage but its not working properly. i have two files file1, file2 as below. file1 ROW_NO VEND_NO CODE AIR_D OCEAN_D ---------------------------------------- 1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number comparison in ksh on mac with -lt is giving wrong answer

I am trying to run following script in ksh on darwin 11.4.2: freeSpace=2469606195 spaceNeeded=200 ] && echo "no space" || echo "space available" ] && echo "no space" || echo "space available" "-lt" is giving wrong answer as "no space" Whereas '<' works fine. When I change the freespace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabitha
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negative number comparison using nawk on Linux

Hi All, I am trying to compare two negative numbers using awk on linux.But it is giving me wrong result.Same code is working perfectly on solaris. print ((0+new_price) < MIN_PRICE) e.g If I try to compare -1.32(new_price) and -500(min_price) using "<" operator, output is 1 i.e true. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmee
5 Replies

8. Linux

Linking issue due to so version number

Hi all, currently I'm facing a issue in linking a .so file. In my build machine, I've libcrypto.so.6 and there is a softlink as libcrypto.so. In my make file I'm trying to link to the lib using -L -lcrypto and it is success and created my test.exe. When I copy this test.exe to other... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijkrr
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - 2 files comparison without for loop - multi-line issue

Greetings Experts, I need to handle the views created over monthly retention tables for which every new table in YYYYMMDD format, there is equivalent view created and the older table which might be dropped, the view over it has to be re-created over a dummy table so that it doesn't fail.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
2 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)