Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing Perl/Tk in x86_64
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Installing Perl/Tk in x86_64 Post 302324478 by dniz on Wednesday 10th of June 2009 11:44:30 PM
Old 06-11-2009
Installing Perl/Tk in x86_64

Hi, experts,

I am trying to intall Perl/Tk module (Tk-804.028 ) into Perl5.6.1, however, the directory structure seems to be different from i386 than x86_64 and the installation keeps failing. Is this a known/common issue? Or does anyone has any workaround for this?

~* Dniz *~

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re-Installing Perl

I changed a few perl modules that it seems I should not have... Any way that I can re-install perl from scratch? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Perl Installing, Uninstalling

I have some problems with mysql, and maybe perl installation faults. I have installed perl by source. I followed default configuration (e.g. ./configure, make, make install). I have installed perl just because it was required for mysql's installation. But now I have some problems. If I will... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kisoun
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Modules

I have a script that uses the File::Listing module. I am trying to install it, but I read the ReadMe and it states that the following modules should be installed first: URI MIME-Base64 HTML-Parser libnet Digest-MD5 Compress-Zlib I am very new to Perl and would apprciate anyone's input on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssmiths001
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I use a Perl Module without installing it?

I am trying to write a program that will use templates, so I figured I would use the Text::Template CPAN module... ...only problem is that I cant force my "clients" to install this module, cause they are clueless. Is there anyway that I can NOT install it for the whole machine, but install it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl Module

Hi All, When I tried to install Math::Pari module in a AIX 5.3 server,I am getting the following error. # pwd /usr/local/bin # cd Math-Pari-2.010709 # perl Makefile.PL Did not find GP/PARI build directory around. Do you want to me to fetch GP/PARI automatically? (If you do not, you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjithss
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing perl modules

I resulted to using /usr/sfw/bin/gmake to install my perl modules until i ran into a problem installing perl/Tk Tk-804.028 gmake: Entering directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' Sorry no HTML building yet gmake: Leaving directory `/export/home/Tk-804.028/pod' I dont unstand what the error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jameskay
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

installing perl modules

Hi All, I have a customer asking me to install these perl modules on redhat 4 ent: File::Temp Getopt::Long DBD::mysql Mail::Mailer DBD::DB2 Any idea how can I install those modules. Thanks for any comment you may add. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing perl module

Hi, I want to install WWW:Mechanize module. Followed the following steps: 1. wget http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/C/CO/CORION/Bundle- WWW-Mechanize-Shell-0.29.tar.gz perl Makefile.PL make make test make install (Got the below message) Appending installation info to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in installing perl *.pm files

Hi, I need to install Sys::HostAddr inorder to run the following command: perl -le 'use Sys::Hostaddr; print Sys::HostAddr->new->main_ip' I tried installing this package using CPAN by using the following command: $ sudo perl -MCPAN -e shell cpan> install Sys::HostAddr But still I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing EBS 12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1 x86_64‏

i am in process to install R12.1.1 on RHEL 6.1. while installing pre-requisite on RHEL 6.1 i am facing following error : rpm -ivh xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386.rpm error: Failed dependencies: libX11.so.6 is needed by xorg-x11-libs-compat-6.8.2-1.EL.33.0.1.i386 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rehantayyab82
3 Replies
Perl::PrereqScanner(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Perl::PrereqScanner(3pm)

NAME
Perl::PrereqScanner - a tool to scan your Perl code for its prerequisites VERSION
version 1.012 SYNOPSIS
use Perl::PrereqScanner; my $scanner = Perl::PrereqScanner->new; my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_ppi_document( $ppi_doc ); my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_file( $file_path ); my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_string( $perl_code ); DESCRIPTION
The scanner will extract loosely your distribution prerequisites from your files. The extraction may not be perfect but tries to do its best. It will currently find the following prereqs: o plain lines beginning with "use" or "require" in your perl modules and scripts, including minimum perl version o regular inheritance declared with the "base" and "parent" pragmata o Moose inheritance declared with the "extends" keyword o Moose roles included with the "with" keyword o OO namespace aliasing using the "aliased" module Scanner Plugins Perl::PrereqScanner works by running a series of scanners over a PPI::Document representing the code to scan. By default the "Perl5", "Moose", "TestMore", "POE", and "Aliased" scanners are run. You can supply your own scanners when constructing your PrereqScanner: # Us only the Perl5 scanner: my $scanner = Perl::PrereqScanner->new({ scanners => [ qw(Perl5) ] }); # Use any stock scanners, plus Example: my $scanner = Perl::PrereqScanner->new({ extra_scanners => [ qw(Example) ] }); METHODS
scan_string my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_string( $perl_code ); Given a string containing Perl source code, this method returns a CPAN::Meta::Requirements object describing the modules it requires. This method will throw an exception if PPI fails to parse the code. scan_file my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_file( $path ); Given a file path to a Perl document, this method returns a CPAN::Meta::Requirements object describing the modules it requires. This method will throw an exception if PPI fails to parse the code. scan_ppi_document my $prereqs = $scanner->scan_ppi_document( $ppi_doc ); Given a PPI::Document, this method returns a CPAN::Meta::Requirements object describing the modules it requires. AUTHORS
o Jerome Quelin o Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2009 by Jerome Quelin. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-27 Perl::PrereqScanner(3pm)