Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: print queue jobs
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print queue jobs Post 302324337 by methyl on Wednesday 10th of June 2009 01:24:38 PM
Old 06-10-2009
Please post the command you typed and the output.
Also please state you Operating System in case there is a simple dodge by counting spool data files in the spool directory.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jobs stalled in remote print queue

I have a printer in another state that is setup as follows: lj8100 printer connected to their printserver (a w2k box); users connect to a unix app on our Sun server via Exceed (we are two states away via WAN); users submit print jobs through an established print queue through the unix app to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
0 Replies

2. SCO

Print jobs getting stuck on the queue

I have implemented Laser printers using USB printer servers connected to a SCO server. Sometimes print jobs get stuck on the queue and I havent found a way of getting the printer back to work without canceling the jobs and rebooting the system. Why jobs get stuck? How do I get this solved... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: iNetForce
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print to a ps2pdf print queue.

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Print to ps2pdf print queue

I am trying to create a printer queue, on a SunOS 5.7 system, that outputs a pdf file. There is an application running on the system that has a print button, which sends print files to the default printer. If I disable the printer, I am able to manually capture the files in /var/spool/lp/tmp and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sean_69
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Print Queue jobs stuck

Hello, I have a print queue that the jobs are getting stuck in. I've disabled and enabled the queue, lpshut and lpsched the print spooler, and killed a suspected corrupt job. But new requests still get stuck. I can ping the printer by DNS with no problem. What else can I look for? I'm a little... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mizzleman
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print queue jobs

Hi, i m having problem to get number of jobs waiting using lpstat.my printer is out of paper and 10jobs are in queue but i run lpstat -pqname it didnt show any thing.any one have idea whats wrong here. thanks sagii (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sagii
2 Replies

7. AIX

Print queue setup

Hi I had setup a print queue named test in the AIX server. When I try to print 96 char per line.. it prints only 80 and the rest is skipped to the next line. however there are 16 spaces left as blank in the first line any help is appriciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] remove all print jobs from a print queue

Hello, Sometimes i need to clear all the jobs of a print queue and it is really annoying to cancel one by one. Is there a way to cancel all print jobs for a specific print queue with a single command instead of cancelling them one by one? My AIX system is 5.3 Thank you for your attention (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix printing : jobs hangs in queue - printing via lp versus hpnpf

Hi, We have a Unix 3.2v5.0.5. I installed a printer via scoadmin, HP network printer manager with network peripheral name (hostname and ipadres are in /etc/hosts). This is the configuration file : Code: root@sco1 # cat configurationBanner: on:AlwaysContent types: simpleDevice:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: haezeban
0 Replies

10. AIX

Print jobs stuck in queue

Hi, have an aix system with something I've never seen happening. All printers are not printing. I see jobs Queued and printer status as READY but jobs just keep getting queued and nothing's printing. Seems to be a system wide problem since it's affecting all printers. Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flash88
2 Replies
queuedefs(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - Queue description file for at, batch, and cron commands DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron or specifies other characteristics for cron. Each noncom- ment line in this file describes either one queue or a cron characteristic. Each uncommented line should be in one of the following for- mats. q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] max_jobs=mjobs log=lcode The fields in these lines are as follows: The name of the queue. Defined queues are as follows: The default queue for jobs started by at The default queue for jobs started by batch The default queue for jobs run from a crontab file Queues d to z are also available for local use. The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in the queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run. The others will be initiated as currently running jobs ter- minate. The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in the queue that are not run with a user ID of superuser. The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing (max_jobs) has been reached. The maximum number of active jobs from all queues that may run at any one time. The default is 25 jobs. Logging level of messages sent to a log file. The default is 4. Defined levels are as follows: level-code level 0 None 1 Low 2 Medium 3 High 4 Full Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following file specifies that the b queue, for batch jobs, can have up to 50 jobs running simultaneously; that those jobs will be run with a nice value of 20. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. b.50j20n60w The following file specifies that a total of 25 active jobs will be allowed by cron over all the queues at any one time, and cron will log all messages to the log file. The last two lines are comments that are ignored. max_jobs=25 log=4 # This is a comment # And so is this FILES
Main cron directory The default location for the queue description file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: at(1), cron(8), crontab(1), nice(1) delim off queuedefs(4)