Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting no of arguments to function in shell script Post 302324239 by jayan_jay on Wednesday 10th of June 2009 09:44:52 AM
Old 06-10-2009
echo "Total arguments :$#"

put this before function.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script with arguments

Hi All, I need some help/ideas in coming up with a shell script. Basically, the script should install 1 or 2 or 3 packages based on the input arguments. For example, if I type in pkgscript.sh a1 a2 a3, it should install all the 3 scripts and pkgscript.sh a1 should install only a1. If a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar6254
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to a function in a shell script?

Hi, I have two shell variables $t1 and $t2 which I need to pass to a function in a shell script. The function will do some computation with those two variables and echo the resultant. But I do not know how to pass teh arguments. The function written is f1() {...... ........ } What should... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: preetikate
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to pass arguments to shell script

Hi, I have a shell script called ftp.sh which is running continously in background. I tried passing arguments to this script but it did not worked out. Below is ftp.sh script. Please help me case $param in start) sleep_func "300" echo "!ksh $scr_ddir/ftp.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav20
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

I need to make a script that has 4 command line arguments to function properly.

I have no idea what the following means. The teacher is too advanced for me to understand fully. We literally went from running a few commands over the last few months to starting shell scripting. I am not a programmer, I am more hardware oriented. I wish I knew what this question was asking... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wookard
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SHELL SCRIPT Function Calling Another Function Please Help...

This is my function which is creating three variables based on counter & writing these variable to database by calling another function writeRecord but only one record is getting wrote in DB.... Please advise ASAP...:confused: function InsertFtg { FTGSTR="" echo "Saurabh is GREAT $#" let... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.sonawane
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arguments in Shell script

Hello, I have to make a shell script doing that : the program tests if there is an argument, if there is it checks whether this is a directory or not, If it is it opens it. for any .c file in the directory it prints 2 lines in the screen : the dependence line of the .o and compiler commend... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dekl
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sub arguments to shell script

Hi, I have a shell script, when run it i get a prompt to enter arguments say 1 for doing my next task otherwise q for quit. What I am trying to do is run the shell script with the argument passed in however it does not seem to work. This is what I did ./test.sh 1 Instead it printed the line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aqua9
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call Oracle function with multiple arguments from shell script?

Dear All, I want to know how can i call oracle function from shell script code . My oracle function have around 5 input parameters and one return value. for name in *.csv; do echo "connecting to DB and start processing '$name' file at " echo "csv file name=$x" sqlplus -s scoot/tiger <!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balraj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell function parsing arguments, which didn't receive. Why?

I have a shell script, which has a function, which call a perl script. Also it has a shell function call parse_ars as fogllow: #!/bin/ksh load_ici_dat() { cd ${OUTPUT_DIR} typeset batch_file=XRED${MM}${DD} typeset SCRIPT="${PROG}.pl" echo "time ${PERLEXE5X} ${PERL_HOME}/${SCRIPT}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)