Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user with limited access
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers user with limited access Post 302324173 by q8devilish on Wednesday 10th of June 2009 07:14:31 AM
Old 06-10-2009
thanks for the help mate Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

How to create a new ftp user account with limited access..?

Hi All, I'm using solaris 2.8, and I want create a new ftp user account with the following restrictions: - Have only ftp access, no telnet or rlogin - Have restricted access to its home directory example /export/home/newuser - Deny access to any other directory. Thanks for your help, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeremy3
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create user - limited priviledge

i want to create unix user account (usera) for outsider so that they can run program that exist in /application/xxx/. The account have their own home directory (/home/usera). But on the same time the user cannot run any application/command either than in /application/xxx/. User can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golden_shooter
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

create user - limited priviledge

i want to create unix user account (usera) for outsider so that they can run program that exist in /application/xxx/. The account have their own home directory (/home/usera). But on the same time the user cannot run any application/command either than in /application/xxx/. User can only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: golden_shooter
1 Replies

4. Solaris

user with limited privileges

Hi, I tried to search, but could not find answer for this really: Is it possible to create a user that would have access only to a defined list of files? I would like to create a user that can access a set of files that are located behind different path. This user should not have access to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Juha
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Creating User account with limited permission

Hi All, I want to create an user account which can only excute "df -kh" and "prstat -a" command. The user will not be able to perform "rm" and other critical commands. Is there a way to do it? rgds, Ronny (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
2 Replies

6. Solaris

User with limited access to one directory

is there a way to create a user and limit him to read,write and execute only in one direcotry. the directory is already exsist and it belongs to dba group. i would like to make this user can't even cd to another directory or even if he can he cant do anything in the other directories. if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: q8devilish
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

new userid with limited access

Hi, I want to create a user using useradd -m test. But my requirement is he should not change his directory from Home directory. How can I restric the user not to change his directory from his home dir? Thanks, Suresh Double Post (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Create an user with limited permission on LUbuntu

Hello folks, I pretend install Lubuntu 16.04 LTS in pc for any employer use this pc! I think create an user with, only, permission to read and write, 770. This is the best scenario? I think create this user through terminal, because I pretend create a script, and I don't where wizard has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: enodev
0 Replies
LDAP_PARSE_VLV_CONTROL(3)				     Library Functions Manual					 LDAP_PARSE_VLV_CONTROL(3)

NAME
ldap_parse_vlv_control - Decode the information returned from a search operation that used a VLV (virtual list view) control LIBRARY
OpenLDAP LDAP (libldap, -lldap) SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_parse_vlv_control( ld, ctrlp, target_posp, list_countp, contextp, errcodep ) LDAP *ld; LDAPControl **ctrlp; unsigned long *target_posp, *list_countp; struct berval **contextp; int *errcodep; DESCRIPTION
The ldap_parse_vlv_control is used to decode the information returned from a search operation that used a VLV (virtual list view)control. It takes a null terminated array of LDAPControl structures, usually obtained by a call to the ldap_parse_resultfunction, a target_pos which points to the list index of the target entry. If this parameter is NULL, the target position is not returned. The index returned is an approximation of the position of the target entry. It is not guaranteed to be exact. The parameter list_countp points to the server's esti- mate of the size of the list. If this parameter is NULL, the size is not returned. contextp is a pointer to the address of a berval struc- ture that contains a server-generated context identifier if server returns one. If server does not return a context identifier, the server returns a NULL in this parameter. If this parameter is set to NULL, the context identifier is not returned. You should use this returned context in the next call to create a VLV control. When the berval structure is no longer needed, you should free the memory by calling the ber_bvfree function.e errcodep is an output parameter, which points to the result code returned by the server. If this parameter is NULL, the result code is not returned. See ldap.h for a list of possible return codes. SEE ALSO
ldap_search(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP Software is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/>. OpenLDAP Software is derived from Uni- versity of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.4.21 2009/12/20 LDAP_PARSE_VLV_CONTROL(3)