Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO unixware 7.1.0 boot floppy #2 needed if someone has one. Post 302323893 by RDP on Tuesday 9th of June 2009 10:02:55 AM
Old 06-09-2009
I'm sorry to say that I did not get it to work. I tried the boot img's from the SCO site and some other sites. I ended up installing the 7.1.1 version of the OS. I believe that I used their original license info for the 7.1.1 but i could have used the 7.1.1 license info. The customer that loaned me the 7.1.1 disks no longer has that server. At this point if SCO complains then i can have them fix their own boot disks.

I'm not sure is this is a media problem with the disks or the boot floppies. I was never able to get another copy of 7.1.0 to test with.

sorry I could not give you better news.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

boot floppy

hello , i have sun sparc machine with sunos2.7 , the machine has a cdrom but no floppy drive , it is networked with windows machine , from where i can use ftp and telnet. can i use floppy drive of windows machine and create a boot image(of unix) on that drive, using ftp? thanx raju (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raju
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

red hat linux installation boot floppy disk

Hi, My dear friends, I am trying to install red hat linux. I have downloaded its disc1. On the instructions page, the next stage is to make the boot disk, so that I can boot from the floppy. However, I am unable to locate the boot image iso file. I tried on google, but I got a few files which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxpenguin
3 Replies

3. AIX

Boot Floppy

Dear Sirs, I would like to make a Boot Floppy for the RS6k F30. Somebody can help me? Spart (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spartiate
1 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Boot Floppy made in external drive

there is probably another post about this, i just can't find it on unix.com or google. basically, i am trying to make a boot floppy via CLI/terminal. the problem is that i use an external drive. when i do the first couple of steps, i get rejected. when i do the mounting and unmounting, all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
4 Replies

5. Linux

How to install linux in a system without cdrom, usb boot, floppy, other OS?

Hello to everyone, I am new to linux and I want to move to this system after bad experiences with windows. I have also a particular problem. An old laptop is probably able to handle just linux at this point of its life. The cdrom is gone, the bios doesn't have usb boot support, there is no... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: highkftj
6 Replies

6. Red Hat

boot floppy for fedora 13

Is there a way to create a boot floppy for a fedora 13 system? Rescue disk image from the official boot.iso is too big. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
1 Replies

7. SCO

UnixWare 2.x needed

Anyone here using Unixware 2.x? I want to try some binary testing on this system regarding DG/UX binaries. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgux
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Boot Floppy with dd and nfs cleint

hi I'm looking for absolutly a minimal Unix or Linux installed on just 1 boot floppy with dd and nfs client. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

9. SCO

Emergency boot floppy - second hard disk not seen

OS = Openserver 5.0.5 Ran 'mkdev fd' and made emergency boot floppy (boot and root). Choose custom kernel, not generic. However kernel on the 1.44 floppy did not see both hard disks, it only saw the first one (SCSI id 0), and not SCSI id 1 (second disk) Q. Is this a limitation of emergency... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grips03
5 Replies

10. SCO

Need emergency boot CD UNIXware 7.1.1 (or 7.1..4)

In my previous thread post (which is also the most recent on this SCO forum), I mentioned that we have an HP DL380G5 server running SCO Unixware 7.11 which has unable to boot with error “FATAL BOOT ERROR: Can't load stage 3”. .. Unfortunately no media is available for the machine and I think the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BernP
1 Replies
SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-readahead-replay.service		       SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-readahead-replay.service, systemd-readahead-collect.service, systemd-readahead-done.service, systemd-readahead-done.timer, systemd- readahead - Disk read ahead logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-readahead-replay.service systemd-readahead-collect.service systemd-readahead-done.service systemd-readahead-done.timer /usr/lib/systemd/systemd-readahead/systemd-readahead [OPTIONS...] COMMAND [DIRECTORY | FILE] DESCRIPTION
systemd-readahead-collect.service is a service that collects disk usage patterns at boot time. systemd-readahead-replay.service is a service that replays this access data collected at the subsequent boot. Since disks tend to be magnitudes slower than RAM, this is intended to improve boot speeds by pre-loading early at boot all data on disk that is known to be read for the complete boot process. systemd-readahead-done.service is executed a short while after boot completed and signals systemd-readahead-collect.service to end data collection. On this signal, this service will then sort the collected disk accesses and store information about them in /.readahead. Normally, both systemd-readahead-collect.service and systemd-readahead-replay.service are activated at boot so that access patterns from the preceding boot are replayed and new data collected for the subsequent boot. However, on read-only media where the collected data cannot be stored, it might be a good idea to disable systemd-readahead-collect.service. On rotating media, when replaying disk accesses at early boot, systemd-readahead-replay.service will order read requests by their location on disk. On non-rotating media, they will be ordered by their original access timestamp. If the file system supports it, systemd-readahead-collect.service will also defragment and rearrange files on disk to optimize subsequent boot times. OPTIONS
systemd-readahead understands the following options: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --max-files= Maximum number of files to read ahead. Only valid for thes collect command. --file-size-max= Maximum size of files in bytes to read ahead. Only valid for the collect and replay commands. --timeout= Maximum time in microseconds to spend collecting data. Only valid for the collect command. COMMANDS
The following commands are understood by systemd-readahead: collect [DIRECTORY] Collect read-ahead data on early boot. When terminating, it will write out a pack file to the indicated directory containing the read-ahead data. replay [DIRECTORY] Perform read-ahead on the specified directory tree. analyze [FILE] Dumps the content of the read-ahead pack file to the terminal. For each file, the output lists approximately how much will be read ahead by the replay command. SEE ALSO
systemd(1) systemd 208 SYSTEMD-READAHEAD-REPLAY.SERVICE(8)