Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to call last 14 characters with grep/sed in shell script. Post 302323673 by attonbitusira on Monday 8th of June 2009 05:10:46 PM
Old 06-08-2009
Finished script. Thanks for the help!

Code:
# first loop to make dat files
for i in `ls -R $dattmp | grep .pdf`
do
touch $dattmp/`basename $i .pdf`.dat
done
# second loop to fill dat files
for i in `ls $dattmp/ | grep .dat`
do
echo trans_num=`basename $i .dat | cut -c 7-20` > $dattmp/`basename $i .dat`.dat
done
mv $dattmp/* $blade6path/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep, sed in a shell script

Hi, I have a problem with a simple script I am trying to write. I want a user to type grep, sed commands that are then stored in variables. Those variables are stored in a function, and the function is then called to execute the commands. The idea is that the user does it step by step. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trufla
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a system call for sed in a awk script

Hi, this is my test file : DELETE FROM TABLE WHERE ID_INTERNAL = :TABLE.ID-INTERNAL, ID-INTERNAL-CRAZY ID-INTERNAL-OPEN ID-INTERNAL /ID-INTERNAL/ I want all occurences of ID-INTERNAL replaced with a one, if ID-INTERNAL has and dash afer it , dont replace it example:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell/sed script for grep+string replacement

Hi, Let me explain the situation. There are many files in a directory and its sub-directories that conatin the string pattern "pa". I want to replace all such instances with the pattern "pranavagarwal" doing a grep "pa" `ls` does give me all the instances of the occurence of that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranavagarwal
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Escaping non-readable characters using grep, sed or awk

I'm trying to parse out DNS logs from dozens of different domain controllers over a large period of time. The logs are rolled up into individual text files by size, which may contain only a portion of a day's activity or several day's worth (depending on amount of activity). I'm splitting them by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seanwpaul
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep or sed. How to remove certain characters

Here is my problem. I have a list of phone numbers that I want to use only the last 4 digits as PINs for something I am working on. I have all the numbers in a file but now I want to be removed all items EXCEPT the last 4 digits. I have seen sed commands and some grep commands but I am... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sucio
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

call another shell script and pass parameters to that shell script

Hi, I basically have 2 shell scripts. One is a shell script will get the variable value from the user. The variable is nothing but the IP of the remote system. Another shell script is a script that does the job of connecting to the remote system using ssh. This uses a expect utility in turn. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunrexstar
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

how to call a particular function from one shell another shell script

please help me in this script shell script :1 *********** >cat file1.sh #!/bin/bash echo "this is first file" function var() { a=10 b=11 } function var_1() { c=12 d=13 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED equivalent for grep -w -f with pattern having special characters

I'm looking for SED equivalent for grep -w -f. All I want is to search a list of patterns from a file. Also If the pattern doesn't match I do not want "null returned", rather I would prefer some text as place holder say "BLANK LINE" as I intend to process the output file based on line number. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: novice_man
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk grep, that will only get the line with more characters.

Is there a command for sed and awk that will only sort the line with more characters? #cat file 123 12345 12 asdgjljhhho bac ss Output: asdgjljhhho #cat file2 11.2 12345.00 21.222 12345678.10 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies
UNKNOWN(1)						      General Commands Manual							UNKNOWN(1)

NAME
unknown - identify possible genotypes for unknowns SYNOPSIS
A program to rapidly identify which genotypes are possible for individuals typed as unknowns in the input pedigree. unknown [ -cl ] DESCRIPTION
unknown infers possible genotypes and mating combinations for parents with unknown genotypes for ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1). OPTIONS
-c Use conditional allele frequencies. -l Choose a good set of loop breakers automatically. RETURN VALUE
0 Successful completion ERRORS
10 File not found 255 Failure EXAMPLES
Normally, unknown(1) is run immediately prior to its sister programs, ilink(1), mlink(1) and linkmap(1), like this: unknown mlink FILES
unknown(1) reads the two files pedfile.dat and datafile.dat as its own input and produces various temporary files that are used as input to the next program. These temporary files are ipedfile.dat, upedfile.dat, speedfile.dat and newspeedfile.dat. NOTES
unknown(1) is part of the FASTLINK package, which is a re-implementation of the LINKAGE suite of computer tools that help investigate genetic linkage as first proposed G.M. Lathrop, J.M. Lalouel, C. Julier, and J. Ott. AUTHORS
Dylan Cooper, Alejandro Schaffer, and Tony Schurtz based on work originally by Jurg Ott, Ph.D, et. al. This manual page was written by Elizabeth Barham <lizzy@soggytrousers.net> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). WORD-WIDE-WEB http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/CBBResearch/Schaffer/fastlink.html SEE ALSO
ilink(1), linkmap(1), lodscore(1), mlink(1). April 15, 2003 UNKNOWN(1)