Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sudoer Help....
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sudoer Help.... Post 302323571 by vbe on Monday 8th of June 2009 10:08:43 AM
Old 06-08-2009
??
I would say IMHO it makes no sence... and looks like you are using aliases...
I see you have a line:
Code:
(hubsup) NOPASSWD: ALL

meaning you can execute what you want "as" hubsub...
Have you tried:
Code:
/usr/local/bin/sudo -u hubsup /usr/bin/ksh

(sudo may be elsewhere on your box...)

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root privileges &Sudoer

Hi guys... how can a root assign a user all or most of the root privileges? is sudoer comand enough 4 this? thx alot.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blue_7
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Another SUDOER Question...

I have my sudoers file setup to provide execution of specific directories (/a/s, /a/x, /a/d, /a/e, etc.....) I tried to list just /a/ meaning anything under /a can be executed by specific ids. However, this didn't work. Is there a way to provide rights to an entire directory structure within a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottsl
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use of sudoer with ssh login shell script (KSH)

Greetings all, I'm in the midst of writing a login component for a series of shell scripts. What my login script does is this: 1. Prompt for username and read in username 2. Prompt for destination host and read in destination host 3. run ssh username and destination host 4. After user keys... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudoer file - controlling parameters

Greetings all, I'm interested in knowing more about setting up the sudoers file... hope to receive some advice here. Let's say that I have 3 users, with usernames user1, user2 and user3. The following rules would apply for each user: user1 can only use the command ksh a.sh to launch... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockysfr
1 Replies

5. Linux

Syntax error in one line in sudoer file cause total failure

I have notice that when I create a sudoer file in the sudoer.d directory, then if I have a syntax error, I cannot do sudo at all, in all accounts. Why can't they change the mechanism, so it will ignore syntax error line and will only display error message but won't cause total failure and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
7 Replies
getusershell(3C)					   Standard C Library Functions 					  getusershell(3C)

NAME
getusershell, setusershell, endusershell - get legal user shells SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> char *getusershell(void); void setusershell(void); void endusershell(void); DESCRIPTION
The getusershell() function returns a pointer to a legal user shell as defined by the system manager in the file /etc/shells. If /etc/shells does not exist, the following locations of the standard system shells are used in its place: /bin/bash /bin/csh /bin/jsh /bin/ksh /bin/pfcsh /bin/pfksh /bin/pfsh /bin/sh /bin/tcsh /bin/zsh /sbin/jsh /sbin/pfsh /sbin/sh /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/csh /usr/bin/jsh /usr/bin/ksh /usr/bin/pfcsh /usr/bin/pfksh /usr/bin/pfsh /usr/bin/sh /usr/bin/tcsh /usr/bin/zsh /usr/xpg4/bin/sh The getusershell() function opens the file /etc/shells, if it exists, and returns the next entry in the list of shells. The setusershell() function rewinds the file or the list. The endusershell() function closes the file, frees any memory used by getusershell() and setusershell(), and rewinds the file /etc/shells. RETURN VALUES
The getusershell() function returns a null pointer on EOF. BUGS
All information is contained in memory that may be freed with a call to endusershell(), so it must be copied if it is to be saved. SunOS 5.10 30 Aug 2004 getusershell(3C)