Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris how to mount USB in SXDE 1/08 Post 302323535 by bartus11 on Monday 8th of June 2009 07:55:19 AM
Old 06-08-2009
Maybe filesystem on the usb stick is problem? Try plugging it to windows box and format it with FAT32, then try using it under SXCE again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

mount USB

Ok, I have a rocsecure USB 2.0 hardrive. Currently it is formatted as an NTFS drive. I need to mount it on solaris and move an oracle dmp file onto it. Will I be even able to format it to a PCFS on a solaris 9 machine. Or do I need to format it FAT-32 first on a windows machine? steps ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
3 Replies

2. Linux

Mount USB memorey

Hi guys i gonna ask a so silly question here, i have a usb memory and i want to mount it in Linux Red Hat 9, its give a message its plugged, and i can see that when i run dmesg command, but i don't know the device name to mount neither the fat32 name in red hat, and its not be mounted in any mount... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How Can I mount usb on Sollaris 8?

Please ... help me... I´m trying to mount usb flash disk in Sollaris 8 but it doesn´t still recognized. Flash´s disk led on but I didn´t mount it... Someone how to solve this problem? thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dekkade
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

usb mount problem

Hi friends, when i boot into my linux system, i am not able to use my USB device while it works on window. i know mount command but it seems my USB does not detected and when i insert my USB into USB port .. and run fdisk list command it does not show any additional device . normally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnray31
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Mount USB stick...

Dummies questions, perfect for this. I cannot mount my idiotic usb stick on Slackware, I input the following on non-graphic mode as root: Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1/usbstick usbstick is the folder i created for mounting my USB, the file system is FAT, and everytime I input that I get some kind... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dax01
2 Replies

6. SCO

Mount USB stick

hi Howto mount an USB stick under SCO 5.0.7? BTW ist it possible to mount USB stick in the command line using 'tools' at the Boot: prompt from OpenServer Release 5.0.7 installation CD? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies

7. Fedora

What is the right way to mount and umount a usb driver?

I have some questions: 1, I successfully mounted my usb drive with "sudo mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt", but I can't wirte, It says "read-only file system". But I can write it in windows. 2, After I umounted the usb drive the led of it still on, but not blinking. Is it safe to unplug it? How to let it's... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: vistastar
17 Replies

8. Linux

mount usb

Hi Guys,am unable to mount usb in Cenos..I did all those options.....kindly let me know the commands...as soon as possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rajesh_Apple
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to mount USB pen drive?

Hiii, Please let me know the steps for mounting my USB pendrive in solaris 10 platform. Thanks & Regards, Bhargav P (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How do I mount a USB Hard Drive?

I have a Sun-Fire V440 running with Solaris 9 and am trying to get a WD USB Hard Drive mounted. None of the articles I've read so far have helped. Output from rmformat: Looking for devices... 1. Volmgt Node: /vol/dev/aliases/rmdisk0 Logical Node: /dev/rdsk/c5t0d0s2 ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtimertj
17 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)