Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PCMCIA-FreeBSD
Operating Systems BSD PCMCIA-FreeBSD Post 302323425 by hirohitosan on Sunday 7th of June 2009 05:03:23 PM
Old 06-07-2009
PCMCIA-FreeBSD

Hi there. I have an old laptop Toshiba Tecra 510 (P1, 147MB RAM, 30GB HDD) and I installed FreeBSD 7.2.
For networking I have a PCMCIA card for wired network. The problem is that I cannot start and run PCMCIA
As I know in Linux there is a tool pcmciautils for this pc-cards, but in FreeBSD I have no idea.

Does anyone knows how to deal with this PC cards?

thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

2.4.9 Linux Kernel & PCMCIA Wireless Problems

We are installing a PrismII chipset wireless PCMCIA card with a new 2.4.9 linux kernel. The card is a D-Link DWL-650. The 2.4.9 kernel uses the orinoco_cs.o driver. Anyone running this configuration? The 2.4.9 Linux kernel has built in PCMCIA support and the README says it supports the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PCMCIA Hardware Problem

Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 that I am using to run Redhat Linux 7.1. This machine had 128Mb of RAM in it, and I upgraded to 512Mb. Since this, the PCMCIA cards have disappeared from the system running under Linux, although they still work under windows and the file "/var/lib/pcmcia/stab"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghoti
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

forcing irq on PCMCIA card

ENV: linux Version: Mandrake 8.1, PCMCIA card: longshine lcs-8534TB. (supported according the PCMCIA docs) laptop is P-II lifetec /etc/sysconfig/pcmcia: PCMCIA=yes PCIC=i82365 ( found via probe -m ) PCIC_OPTS="cs_irq=11 pci_irq_list=11,11 do_scan=0" ( you see i want to force irq 11 )... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progressdll
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

would like to purchase pcmcia modem that is supported by RedHat 7.3

I am using an IBM 390E laptop with a built-in LT modem which RH 7.3 does not notice. I would like to know if there are any pcmcia modems that are supported by version 7.3. If so, what is the propduct and where can I purchase it? Thanks!! adrienb:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adrienb
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

BELKIN 'F5D5020' 16bit PCMCIA - FreeBSD HOWTO

Hey all, I've bought a few bits from Belkin who seem quite happy to support FreeBSD! Last time I bought a UPS from them and it's still going well :D I saw this on their website that the 16bit PCMCIA card was supported under FreeBSD: http://www.belkin.com/network/F5D5020.html I went to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 and PCMCIA

Hi, I justed manged to install Solaris 8 on my Laptop, the only problem I have got is that It does not find my PCMCIA card. I need it to find my card so I can connect the Laptop to my LAN. I am using a 3Com LAN card model number is 3CCE589ET. This card work with Linux with no problems. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamkila
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PCMCIA problems

Hi I recently installed Mandrake 9 on my laptop. It has 2 PCMCIA slots, and in one of them I usually keep one of my network cards (ones an Accton 2216, the other a Surecom EP-427). Under mandrake when my computer started up (and went into runlevel 5) it attempted to start 'network' and then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error installing linksys pcm200 pcmcia card

Hi, I keep getting an error when I insert a pcm200 card on my laptop. The Error: Card type 32-bit cardbus is unsupported I am using freebsd 4.11 thanks lucky (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luckyarab
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to Analyze a PCMCIA Card

Is there a command that will verify what type of file system is located on a PCMCIA Card without having to mount the card? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kilemark
1 Replies
PCCARDCTL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      PCCARDCTL(8)

NAME
pccardctl - PCMCIA card control utility lspcmcia - display extended PCMCIA debugging information SYNOPSIS
pccardctl [-V] [-v ...] command [socket] lspcmcia [-V] [-v ...] [socket] DESCRIPTION
pccardctl is used to monitor and control the state of PCMCIA sockets. If a socket number is specified, the command will be applied to just one socket; otherwise, all sockets will be affected. If pccardctl is executed by root, all commands are available. If it is executed by an unpriviledged user, only the informational commands are accessible. lspcmcia is an alias for pccardctl ls, provided for convenience. COMMANDS
status Display the current socket status flags. config Display the socket configuration, including power settings, interrupt and I/O window settings, and configuration registers. --not yet implemented ident Display card identification information, including product identification strings, manufacturer ID codes, and function ID codes. Not yet implemented for cardbus cards. Use lspci instead. info Much like the ident command, but its output is formatted as a series of Bourne-stype shell variable definitions for use in scripts. Not yet implemented for cardbus cards. ls Display extended debugging information about the PCMCIA sockets and devices present in the system. suspend Shut down and then disable power for a socket. resume Restore power to a socket, and re-configure for use. eject Notify all client drivers that this card will be ejected, then cut power to the socket. insert Notify all client drivers that this card has just been inserted. OPTIONS
-V Show version information and exit. -v Increase the verbosity of the ls command. Giving this option twice increases verbosity further. AUTHOR
Daniel Ritz - daniel.ritz@gmx.ch based upon the original cardctl man page by David Hinds - dahinds@users.sourceforge.net pcmciautils 2005/10/22 PCCARDCTL(8)