Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unix Perl split special character $ Post 302323415 by schultz2146 on Sunday 7th of June 2009 03:42:28 PM
Old 06-07-2009
Unix Perl split special character $

All I'm trying to split a string at the $ into arrays

@data:=<dataFile>
a $3.33
b $4.44
dfg $0.56

The split command I have been playing with is:
split(/\$/, @data)

which results with
a .33 b .44 dfg .56

any help with this is appreciated

/r
Rick

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

perl split funciton - special character "/"

HI, I have a directory structure. /abc/def/ghi/ I want to store it into array. So that if I do a pop function on that array I can easily go to previous directory. But how can i split and store it. @Directory = split(/\//,$DirectoryVarialbe) That doest works. Any other escape sequence... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakwins
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Script Syntax to Extract Everything After Special Character

Hi, I am writing a Perl script that reads in many lines, if a line meets the criteria I want to edit, it. For example, the script will return the following example line... test=abc123 All I want to do is strip off the "test=" and just be left with the abc123. In my script I can easily... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: edrichard
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Escaping special character stored in variables : perl

Hi just for regular use i m working on small module written in perl for getting date in specified format like i have to specify date format and then seperator to seperate date i am 95% done. now i m sure explanation i gave is not good enough so i am putting output here : C:\Documents and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl use split and remove specific character

i want to split the input by a space and remove specific characters like full stop, comma...... etc. and then save each word in an array. i got something below, but it didn't work. can anyone please help me? Thank you #!/usr/bin/perl -w while (<>) { $line = <>; @word = split(' ',... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mingming88
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching on any special character in Unix

Hi, I have field in a file which would come with any special character, how do i check that field? Eg: @123TYtaasa>>>/ 131dfetr_~2 In the above example, how do I add pattern for any special character on the keyboard. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleteing one character after an special character

I have below line in a unix file, I want to delete one character after "Â". 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap Â~V Hybrids The result should be : 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap  Hybrids i dont want to use "~V" anywhere in the sed command or any other command, just remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a special char

Hello, I have some data in output file.In that i need to split the special char "(" and ")" and store it. This is example of o/p file. (OHC12345) (OHC12415) (OHC12765) (OHC12545) I need like OHC12345 OHC12415 OHC12765 OHC12545 --Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rasingraj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character Find and replace in Unix or Perl

Hi, I am stuck with an problem and want some help, what i want to do is There is a directory name temp which include file named t1.txt, t2,txt, t3.txt and so on. These files contains data, but there are some bad character also that is % present in the files , I want to write the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oneliner ---split string to character by piping shell output to perl

Hello, I was trying to split a string to characters by perl oneliner. echo "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | perl -e 'split // ' But did not work as with bash script pipe: echo "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" | fold -w1 | sort | uniq -ic 8 1 T 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl split string separated by special character

Hello I have string (string can have more sections) LINE="AA;BB;CC;DD;EE"I would like to assigne each part of string separated by ";" to some new variable. Can someone help? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
4 Replies
textutil::split(n)				    Text and string utilities, macro processing 				textutil::split(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
textutil::split - Procedures to split texts SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require textutil::split ?0.7? ::textutil::split::splitn string ?len? ::textutil::split::splitx string ?regexp? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The package textutil::split provides commands that split strings by size and arbitrary regular expressions. The complete set of procedures is described below. ::textutil::split::splitn string ?len? This command splits the given string into chunks of len characters and returns a list containing these chunks. The argument len defaults to 1 if none is specified. A negative length is not allowed and will cause the command to throw an error. Providing an empty string as input is allowed, the command will then return an empty list. If the length of the string is not an entire multiple of the chunk length, then the last chunk in the generated list will be shorter than len. ::textutil::split::splitx string ?regexp? This command splits the string and return a list. The string is split according to the regular expression regexp instead of a simple list of chars. Note that if you parentheses are added into the regexp, the parentheses part of separator will be added into the result list as additional element. If the string is empty the result is the empty list, like for split. If regexp is empty the string is split at every character, like split does. The regular expression regexp defaults to "[\t \r\n]+". BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category textutil of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
regexp(n), split(n), string(n) KEYWORDS
regular expression, split, string CATEGORY
Text processing textutil 0.7 textutil::split(n)